+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Been stuck on background check

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Same here
London received our application in July and we have not gotten any update for almost six months now .. even background check has not started as well , so I did email LVO to follow up and I’m waiting for their reply
I send mail Jan 9. No reply so far

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
so I finally got the GC key working and it says final decision and yesterday i got an email saying file moved to london office.
Usually after you meet eligibility, your file will get transferred to be completed. For example, our file was sent to London abd the conducted the medical abd background check right now is in progess

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
we are processing your background check.

how long does this take
This could take anywhere from a couple of months all the way up to a year unfortunately. It depends on your travel history, ethnicity ect... :( but the background check is the last phase after this if you pass, is ppr

tp1

Jan 23, 2019
This could take anywhere from a couple of months all the way up to a year unfortunately. It depends on your travel history, ethnicity ect... :( but the background check is the last phase after this if you pass, is ppr
this is a bit strange because up til now I had been checking things on ecas by loggining in to my account and they have a simple 4 step lay out there. step 1: in process step 2: you can choose to withdraw application step 3: decision made a) medical results b)approval status determined c)PR status determined and at the same time on the side it says at this point a decision has been made.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
this is a bit strange because up til now I had been checking things on ecas by loggining in to my account and they have a simple 4 step lay out there. step 1: in process step 2: you can choose to withdraw application step 3: decision made a) medical results b)approval status determined c)PR status determined and at the same time on the side it says at this point a decision has been made.
Don't be strange. The diagram you saw on ECAS is just a simplified version of the whole process. Everybody should expect the whole process will take somewhere around 6-12 months for straight forward cases. And there are several local VOs are much slower than others, such as London and NOVD. The longest process will be the background check, it can take from few weeks to no time frame at all.

Reactions: shalenabennie

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Don't be strange. The diagram you saw on ECAS is just a simplified version of the whole process. Everybody should expect the whole process will take somewhere around 6-12 months for straight forward cases. And there are several local VOs are much slower than others, such as London and NOVD. The longest process will be the background check, it can take from few weeks to no time frame at all.
I'm in London. 3rd month of security wth no end in sight :(