May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
canpr11 said:
Congraulations on your smooth process. Did you submit CRA's NOA with your application. Is it required ?

Thanks in advace for your response.
I gave the CIC all the required documents that asked for. I was out of Canada (during Sep 2009 to Sep 2013) for about 6 months in 5 several trips preceding the date of application. I sent every page of my two passports and highlighted / circled all exit and entry stamps that reflect my absences. Additionally I mentioned in a separate paper my day trips (about 13) to the USA.

Regarding your CRA's NOA, I did NOT submit a NOA (s) with my application. NOA is not part of your application. Although I was not required to submit all the pages of my passports, I gave them because these support my application.

So do not bother with your NOA or any other un-related documents. I believe I became Canadian in just 6 months for submitting all supporting documents regardless of dozens of foreign trips.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kamloops said:
I gave the CIC all the required documents that asked for. I was out of Canada (during Sep 2009 to Sep 2013) for about 6 months in 5 several trips preceding the date of application. I sent every page of my two passports and highlighted / circled all exit and entry stamps that reflect my absences. Additionally I mentioned in a separate paper my day trips (about 13) to the USA.

Regarding your CRA's NOA, I did NOT submit a NOA (s) with my application. NOA is not part of your application. Although I was not required to submit all the pages of my passports, I gave them because these support my application.

So do not bother with your NOA or any other un-related documents. I believe I became Canadian in just 6 months for submitting all supporting documents regardless of dozens of foreign trips.
they have made NOA and T4 part of application since Feb 2014

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
My neighbors got their citizenship in about 7 months last year. They traveled to US almost every other week. I think Mississauga is the fastest local office. They didn't provide passport page copies in their application.
Congrats!!!

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
chakrab said:
they have made NOA and T4 part of application since Feb 2014
I don't seem to agree.

Neither the Instructions page ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp) nor the checklist at the end of the application (CIT0002E) mentions anything at all explicitly related to either Canada Revenue Agency or including Notice of Assessments.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
us2yow said:
I don't seem to agree.

Neither the Instructions page ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp) nor the checklist at the end of the application (CIT0002E) mentions anything at all explicitly related to either Canada Revenue Agency or including Notice of Assessments.
check the form. people are doing the same mistake by checking the checklist. it's just in the form. you need to provide photocopies of your work details. which means T4 and for people who are self employed, it comes down to NOA.

they only updated the application form (question 6F) and nothing else.

the checklist doesn't say that one has to provide CBSA record if they answer no to the history question.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dejaavu said:
My neighbors got their citizenship in about 7 months last year. They traveled to US almost every other week. I think Mississauga is the fastest local office. They didn't provide passport page copies in their application.
Congrats!!!
I am a very similar case and from India. my office was Windsor. they asked me why I visit US so much, I replied to shop, watch games and visit friends.

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I do not think it really matters that much where one is from. I know American citizens getting RQed as well.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
that's interesting.. very odd how they applied RQ all over the place back then....hopefully it is much more in check now and streamlined...

marcus66502

Dec 18, 2013
Kamloops said:
I just want to share my experience about becoming Canadian today April 8, 2014 at the Mississauga Office. I did not think it would take only 6 months! Here is my timeline

Application received: Oct 4, 2013
In Process: December 13, 2013
Received notice for the citizenship test: March 7, 2014
Wrote test: March 31, 2014
Oath: April 8, 2014.

The questions on the test were really easy. Online tests and Discover Canada helped me a lot. The officer who interviewed me checked all my original documents (confirmation of pR, health card, driver's lience, passports etc). She carefully checked my entry and exit stamps in my passports. I had 5 trips. She ignored my long trip after my citizenship application.

I was then forwarded to a judge/supervisor who gave me the letter for today's Oath. About 100 people became Canadian today. We got the certificate. The process from the test to oath seemed to very simple at the Mississauga Office.

Hope this information will help some applicants understand the citizenship process in recent months.

Do you feel like you've grown wings on each of your flanks now? Can you fly?

"Became canadian", "became american", "became ukrainian" bla bla bla .... What a bunch of bullshit!

Unless you've grown wings, you're the same person as before. I find it absurd that politicians want us to believe there's some sort of 'higher meaning' to the concept of citizenship. They keep saying citizenship is not just a relationship of convenience with your 'new country'. Yet, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS, and that's what it's always been: a piece of paper that says you're being allowed the privilege of being able to draw a passport from the country. I wonder how many people would be motivated to apply for citizenship if it weren't for the privilege of a passport.

Better yet, I wonder how many people would be willing to go die in a war proclaimed by the Queen of England they've sworn loyalty to as part of the oath of Canadian citizenship. As long as your loyalty to the queen will never be tested in war, that citizenship oath is just a bunch of words in the wind as far as I'm concerned.

canpr11

Mar 25, 2012
Kamloops said:

Thanks again for your detail reply.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcus66502 said:
Do you feel like you've grown wings on each of your flanks now? Can you fly?

"Became canadian", "became american", "became ukrainian" bla bla bla .... What a bunch of bull*censored word*!

Unless you've grown wings, you're the same person as before. I find it absurd that politicians want us to believe there's some sort of 'higher meaning' to the concept of citizenship. They keep saying citizenship is not just a relationship of convenience with your 'new country'. Yet, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT IS, and that's what it's always been: a piece of paper that says you're being allowed the privilege of being able to draw a passport from the country. I wonder how many people would be motivated to apply for citizenship if it weren't for the privilege of a passport.

Better yet, I wonder how many people would be willing to go die in a war proclaimed by the Queen of England they've sworn loyalty to as part of the oath of Canadian citizenship. As long as your loyalty to the queen will never be tested in war, that citizenship oath is just a bunch of words in the wind as far as I'm concerned.
how many people will be willing to die for the country they were born in? you are applying for canadian passport because you feel it is more useful than the one you have now. so why don't you be happy with it and let others enjoy their moment.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Kamloops said:
I just want to share my experience about becoming Canadian today April 8, 2014 at the Mississauga Office. I did not think it would take only 6 months! Here is my timeline

Application received: Oct 4, 2013
In Process: December 13, 2013
Received notice for the citizenship test: March 7, 2014
Wrote test: March 31, 2014
Oath: April 8, 2014.

The questions on the test were really easy. Online tests and Discover Canada helped me a lot. The officer who interviewed me checked all my original documents (confirmation of pR, health card, driver's lience, passports etc). She carefully checked my entry and exit stamps in my passports. I had 5 trips. She ignored my long trip after my citizenship application.

I was then forwarded to a judge/supervisor who gave me the letter for today's Oath. About 100 people became Canadian today. We got the certificate. The process from the test to oath seemed to very simple at the Mississauga Office.

Hope this information will help some applicants understand the citizenship process in recent months.
When did you become PR and after how many years or days of physical stay in Canada you submitted application for citizenship? Thanks.