Became Canadian Today at Mississauga, Oct 2013 to April 8, 2014

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Wow! That's really fast! Awesome! Wish all applications get processed in that timeline.

Just wondering, why do you think your application was processed fast? Is it because of your local office? Or you just didn't have any issues with your documents?

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Kamloops said:
I just want to share my experience about becoming Canadian today April 8, 2014 at the Mississauga Office. I did not think it would take only 6 months! Here is my timeline

Application received: Oct 4, 2013
In Process: December 13, 2013
Received notice for the citizenship test: March 7, 2014
Wrote test: March 31, 2014
Oath: April 8, 2014.

The questions on the test were really easy. Online tests and Discover Canada helped me a lot. The officer who interviewed me checked all my original documents (confirmation of pR, health card, driver's lience, passports etc). She carefully checked my entry and exit stamps in my passports. I had 5 trips. She ignored my long trip after my citizenship application.

I was then forwarded to a judge/supervisor who gave me the letter for today's Oath. About 100 people became Canadian today. We got the certificate. The process from the test to oath seemed to very simple at the Mississauga Office.

Hope this information will help some applicants understand the citizenship process in recent months.
congrats to u
did your passport have re-entry stamps on them for all destination you've made? lucky you did not have RQ!