Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
May 12, 2014 and Status Changed to "In Process"
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent via VFS on 14 Jun 2014
I just want to share my experience about becoming Canadian today April 8, 2014 at the Mississauga Office. I did not think it would take only 6 months! Here is my timeline

Application received: Oct 4, 2013
In Process: December 13, 2013
Received notice for the citizenship test: March 7, 2014
Wrote test: March 31, 2014
Oath: April 8, 2014.

The questions on the test were really easy. Online tests and Discover Canada helped me a lot. The officer who interviewed me checked all my original documents (confirmation of pR, health card, driver's lience, passports etc). She carefully checked my entry and exit stamps in my passports. I had 5 trips. She ignored my long trip after my citizenship application.

I was then forwarded to a judge/supervisor who gave me the letter for today's Oath. About 100 people became Canadian today. We got the certificate. The process from the test to oath seemed to very simple at the Mississauga Office.

Hope this information will help some applicants understand the citizenship process in recent months.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
Congratulations.

Your whole process was super fast.

So after submission of citizenship application, cic dont mind if you stay out of canada for long time? If you dont mind can you tell me how long u stay out of country. As mine application is in process and I am thinking to go back home for 2 months but my freinds told me I may get hard time at the time of interview due to this long absence. I dont know wht to do?

Regards

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
The officer asked me in the very beginning "Are you still married"? I said yes and got good reason to explain why I spent my time outside Canada for 5 months. I spent that long for my wedding reception, honeymoon, etc. But I did not have to face a question for this. I had to spend good time with my wife for a healthy relationship. It takes months, even years for spouses to come to Canada.

I think you should be fine for only 2 months. Just prove that you have a strong tie to Canada.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
So its mean you left canada right after submission of applicaiton and came back little early before test date.

So its correct cic asks reason for absence from canada. To satisfy them we must have good and solid reason.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
woooooooooow
super fast. I think soon we will hear stories of people getting their citizenship in 6 weeks.

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Congrats Kamloops. That's crazy fast processing you got there, and add the fact that you were out for 5 months after you applied = Lucky You. Thanks for sharing.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Kamloops said:
I just want to share my experience about becoming Canadian today April 8, 2014 at the Mississauga Office. I did not think it would take only 6 months! Here is my timeline

Application received: Oct 4, 2013
In Process: December 13, 2013
Received notice for the citizenship test: March 7, 2014
Wrote test: March 31, 2014
Oath: April 8, 2014.

The questions on the test were really easy. Online tests and Discover Canada helped me a lot. The officer who interviewed me checked all my original documents (confirmation of pR, health card, driver's lience, passports etc). She carefully checked my entry and exit stamps in my passports. I had 5 trips. She ignored my long trip after my citizenship application.

I was then forwarded to a judge/supervisor who gave me the letter for today's Oath. About 100 people became Canadian today. We got the certificate. The process from the test to oath seemed to very simple at the Mississauga Office.

Hope this information will help some applicants understand the citizenship process in recent months.
Congrates..

Which sited did you use to prepare for citizenship test ?

Kamloops

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
May 12, 2014, re-medical
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Hope this will help you get a good score on your citizenship exam.

alienangel

Mar 9, 2014
Nice, grats!

I had very similar dates too (Sept '13/Dec '13/Mar '14/Apr 7th '14 Oath), but at the Scarborough office. Similarly the test was a lot easier than the the Online Practice tests and Discover booklet made it seem it would be. The interview after the test was very relaxed, the gentleman conducting the interview was the invigilator who explained the test to us. He chatted with me, looked over my documents quickly but I don't believe he checked all the different entry/exit stamps I had, and told me not to worry about the fact that I no longer had my Confirmation of Landing document - although he told me to apply for a Verification of Status since I might want it 30 years down the line when applying for a pension. He did ask some casual questions about my work though, I expect to satisfy himself that I was who I said I was.

I'm surprised how quick it all was, maybe they're speeding stuff up before the new batch of applications under the new rules.

canpr11

Mar 25, 2012
Congraulations on your smooth process. Did you submit CRA's NOA with your application. Is it required ?

Thanks in advace for your response.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Congratulations guys that it is really awesome. I heard similar stories about Scarborough office that the processing takes only 6 months.

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
alienangel said:
I had very similar dates too (Sept '13/Dec '13/Mar '14/Apr 7th '14 Oath), but at the Scarborough office. Similarly the test was a lot easier than the the Online Practice tests and Discover booklet made it seem it would be. The interview after the test was very relaxed, the gentleman conducting the interview was the invigilator who explained the test to us.
Congrats to you too, alienangel!!!!! You're all so lucky to be processed so fast within less than 12 months.

alienangel said:
and told me not to worry about the fact that I no longer had my Confirmation of Landing document - although he told me to apply for a Verification of Status since I might want it 30 years down the line when applying for a pension.
This is so true. My aunt who applied for her pension last year, had to get a copy of her landing papers as she had already misplaced / lost her copy.