+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(BCPNP) Can we get promoted during 1 year experience?

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm asking for a friend!

She has been working for a company for 3 months job NOC type B, and now they want to promote her a job NOC type A (salary will be changed as well) which will increase her score for PNP as additional points. However I found this statement in BC PNP Guide under Economic Factors (skill level of the BC Job Offer) said "You can receive these additional points only if you are currently employed full-time in the same occupation (i.e. same NOC code) that you have been offered in the BC PNP registration. You are not eligible for these additional points if the occupation identified in the job offer is a promotion from your current occupation with the employer.)"

Does that mean we can not get promoted during 1 year experience? Or we can but the time before promoted will not be counted anymore, have to count all over again as a new job after promotion?

Thank you very much for any advise!!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You haven't provided enough information - what PNP stream. If previous work experience is required (e.g., skilled worker stream) does she have it? If not, promote first and then apply as the job offer has to be in the same occupation as entered in the registration.

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
You haven't provided enough information - what PNP stream. If previous work experience is required (e.g., skilled worker stream) does she have it? If not, promote first and then apply as the job offer has to be in the same occupation as entered in the registration.
Hey thank you for your reply !!!
It's PNP International Graduate.
So you mean that she can promote now and keep working for another 9 months then apply??
She thinks that she has to start over again if she accept the promotion with different job NOc type.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
For international graduates it's a matter of accumulating enough points for an ITA. As an IG she can create a PNP profile immediately, as having a job offer from a BC employer - no experience necessary - is the criterion. If she needs extra points for having worked in the job for a year, then she would need to have worked at that NOC for a year.

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
For international graduates it's a matter of accumulating enough points for an ITA. As an IG she can create a PNP profile immediately, as having a job offer from a BC employer - no experience necessary - is the criterion. If she needs extra points for having worked in the job for a year, then she would need to have worked at that NOC for a year.
omg really ? That’s a mind blowing because I’ve never thought that we can apply immediately without work experience under Pnp!! She seems like doesn’t need that extra points @@
Can i ask how long it will take to receive ITA after she apply for PnP ??

can i also ask for myself that if anything said “additional points” that means it’s not neccesarry right ?? how about “currently working full time in BC for the employer identified in registration” which is additional point factor. Do i have to keep working for the employer after 1 year experience which is enough to apply ??

Thank you so much for your help !!!
I really really appreciate that

Last edited:

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
This is the criterion from the PNP program guide for International Graduates:

2) a job offer for a full-time, indeterminate* position that typically requires a university or college education at a wage that meets industry standards
"Do i have to keep working for the employer after 1 year experience which is enough to apply ??"
Your nomination is employer driven. You can't get a nomination and then just quit and go to another employer. You have to fulfill the conditions of your nomination until your PR is approved. Otherwise, if the PNP cancels your nomination, your PR application is dead.

kimmytrang

May 22, 2020
This is the criterion from the PNP program guide for International Graduates:

2) a job offer for a full-time, indeterminate* position that typically requires a university or college education at a wage that meets industry standards
"Do i have to keep working for the employer after 1 year experience which is enough to apply ??"
Your nomination is employer driven. You can't get a nomination and then just quit and go to another employer. You have to fulfill the conditions of your nomination until your PR is approved. Otherwise, if the PNP cancels your nomination, your PR application is dead.
Ohh i understand now. Thank you so much for your help. Such a knowledgeable person you are. If you ever have a immigration company, don’t hesitate to introduce me as i will advertise to Everyone for sure hah ;)
Appreciate that!

best of lucks !!