+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCGUY pls enlighten me..thanks

joshana

Jan 29, 2009
hi BCGuy
i hope you have the time to answer my query.i've been reading this forum for quite sometime now and i've noticed you've been helping alot of forumers with your insights.i just want to ask if all applicants for spousal open work permit are entitled to have a visa or there are instances that they are being denied?i applied for sowp and iam still waiting for the result.my husband is in canada already for almost 11 months and is working as a licensed practical nurse.thanks and Godbless u!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Lets start NOC O,A,B are allowed to bring spouses under open work permit,Where is Practical nurse in the NOC grid,B,So the answer is yes

joshana

Jan 29, 2009
thank your for your prompt reply BCGUY!! i really appreciate it!! i will just wait for the result to arrive.it's been 3 months already and i'm really anxious to know the outcome of my application.thanks again and God Bless u!

joshana

Jan 29, 2009
Re:thanks BCGUY..

hi BCGUY..i just to thank you for the time you gave in aswering my query.my visa has arrived just today and iam really happy!! thank you so much and God bless u!

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Joshana,

First of all congratulation on receiving your visa. I know the feeling of being away from your love one. My wife is on the same boat as you are. She also applied for an open spousal work permit last dec 17, 2008. She had her medical done last Feb 17, 2009 and up to now still waiting for a visa. Can you please share your time line. Thank you.

joshana

Jan 29, 2009
hi benchioa
thanks!i know it's really hard to be seperated from each other but don't worry eventually you'll be together soon.here's my timeline:
my documents were picked up last nov.12 and i had my medicals on dec.12.the clinic forwarded my results last jan 5 only due to long holiday last december.so basically your wife will have to wait for about a month for the release of her visa if her medicals are cleared from the clinic where she had it done.Goodluck and i hope you will receive it soon!!

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Joshana,

Thank you for sharing your time line. Hopefully my family will be together again. I also have another favor to ask. If you can share me your experience after applying for PDOS. I will help me guide my wife if she gets here visa afterward. Good luck and welcome to Canada. Thank you again.