+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC

DIVYALAW8

May 14, 2014
Hello there I have 3 questions

So I submitted for my PR common law application - me being principal applicant ( I came here as a student and my WP expires next year )

1) they returned my file advising that I dont have my BC( birth certificate) - I submitted my application in Sept and they returned in October (my whole file) and requested that the missing doc is BC
I have been trying for 2 months to retrieve it in India but been unsuccessful.

So I have come to my decision of submitting an affidavit- what is the right procedure and format for that?

2) I also applied for open work permit and they didnt return that - how do I track that
3) will they process work permit without a PR file ?

Please advise

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello there I have 3 questions

So I submitted for my PR common law application - me being principal applicant ( I came here as a student and my WP expires next year )

1) they returned my file advising that I dont have my BC( birth certificate) - I submitted my application in Sept and they returned in October (my whole file) and requested that the missing doc is BC
I have been trying for 2 months to retrieve it in India but been unsuccessful.

So I have come to my decision of submitting an affidavit- what is the right procedure and format for that?

2) I also applied for open work permit and they didnt return that - how do I track that
3) will they process work permit without a PR file ?

Please advise
1. You should also include all of the other documents specified for a late registration.
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card
2 and 3. Is your status still valid? Submit a new OWP app. The previous one will not be processed with no PR app.

DIVYALAW8

May 14, 2014
YES
I have a valid WP until may next year

May I know what is the procedure or format for writing the said letter of explanation?does it have to be in 100rs notary form ? Also a cover letter is required on top of the letter of explanation?

Btw thanks for your reply!

1. You should also include all of the other documents specified for a late registration.
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include a copy of the original baptism certificate and copies of other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card
2 and 3. Is your status still valid? Submit a new OWP app. The previous one will not be processed with no PR app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
YES
I have a valid WP until may next year

May I know what is the procedure or format for writing the said letter of explanation?does it have to be in 100rs notary form ? Also a cover letter is required on top of the letter of explanation?

Btw thanks for your reply!
You don't need a cover letter. An affidavit in place of the certificate is probably your safest option, along with the other proofs. There is no set template.

DIVYALAW8

May 14, 2014
AN Affidavit from india on a 100rs notary ? Are you familiar with that

UOTE="canuck_in_uk, post: 8331307, member: 248750"]You don't need a cover letter. An affidavit in place of the certificate is probably your safest option, along with the other proofs. There is no set template.[/QUOTE]

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AN Affidavit from india on a 100rs notary ? Are you familiar with that

UOTE="canuck_in_uk, post: 8331307, member: 248750"]You don't need a cover letter. An affidavit in place of the certificate is probably your safest option, along with the other proofs. There is no set template.
No.