+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Timelines @ July 2010??

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone has had any good news recently with regards to BC PNP approval??

We applied as a BC PNP Skilled Worker - application received 16th March 2010, confirmation of receipt email received 15th April 2010 stating a 10-12 week turn around - at 16 weeks now and still heard nothing - rang them at 13 weeks and they said their was a backlog??!!

Please let me know if your timeline is similar to mine and what you've heard
Thanks
Jan

vman

May 28, 2010
Re: BC PNP Timelines @ July 2010??

I too would be interested. It's 12 weeks today for me. Did you apply in Vancouver or out of BC?

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012

Hi, did your employer process BC PNP for you? How to apply jointly, if I am outside Canada?

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010

Hi there, yes my employer had to help fill in the forms and sort out the relevant paperwork that had to accompany the application but luckily I am already in BC living in the town where I am to work so have no problems popping in to get the necessary paperwork. The application was sent to Vancouver.

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012

Thanks for the response. I am contemplating on whether it is better to have a work permit or to be nominated using the PNP path. The PNP seems to be too long and i'm not sure if the work is still available when the PNP is later approved. Do you still remember how long did you process your work permit before? Did the employer process your work permit or you processed it in your country after receiving LMO?

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010

Hi Sonic,

I haven't started the job yet, I do have a work permit but from a previous job in Calgary which didn't work out due to the downturn but the permit is tied to the company I worked for, we fell in love with Fernie BC and decided to take a chance and move here with no work as we still had 13 months left on my original permit, this means we can stay in the country until that runs out. Luckily I found a job relatively quickly and the person I am replacing is flexible as to when they leave as long as I can take over before September as they go to college then - I certainly hope to have everything sorted by then!??

I believe LMO's are taking about 30 weeks (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) otherwise my employer would have applied for an LMO to get me started before the PNP is hopefully approved, but the PNP should work out quicker, we should hear at a guess in the next 2-3 weeks with any luck (I forgot to check my post today but doubt it was there!!??) which will have taken a total of approx 18 weeks.

We decided it would be best just to wait for the PNP as in BC an LMO isn't necessary for PNP in Category 0, A & B jobs and cuts the wait by about 12 weeks.

Don't know where you are from, but for my previous job, when I had the LMO it took 6-8 weeks in the UK (October/November 2008 so things maybe different now) to get the letter stating we could have the work permit and collect it on entry to Canada. This time's different because we are already in Canada I can take a trip with the BC PNP approval letters to the US border (about an hour away) and get the work permit that way, without any further waiting and delays.

Good luck with your application, give me a shout if I can be anymore help
Jan

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010

Just spoken to someone in the BC PNP office, they received my application on 17th March and they are just processing applications received at about that time and I should hear something soon - that was all they could tell me!! So still not really any wiser but I guess its imminent-ish!!

Good luck everybody!

vman

May 28, 2010

oh brilliant!

Could you please let me know when you hear something?

I'm 4 weeks behind you!

V

brb

Apr 3, 2010

it seems like the process slow down a bit for some reasons. I sent in the application in the middle of december, and received the the file number 2weeks later. althought the letter said the process will take about 12 weeks, I just received my nomination last week.(beginning of July2010). I hope this info will help everbody who is still waiting for the nomination result.

a_p13

Star Member
Mar 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Brb , did you apply inside Canada? Since i have sent my application its been 12 weeks ,and i havent heard anything from them.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009

Because Service Canada are refusing so many LMO's right now, there has been a huge increase in PNP applications.

Thus time lines currently in BC are 16 to 20 weeks.

tofer2010

Jul 15, 2010

thebakers4 said:
Hi there

Just wondered if anyone has had any good news recently with regards to BC PNP approval??

We applied as a BC PNP Skilled Worker - application received 16th March 2010, confirmation of receipt email received 15th April 2010 stating a 10-12 week turn around - at 16 weeks now and still heard nothing - rang them at 13 weeks and they said their was a backlog??!!

Please let me know if your timeline is similar to mine and what you've heard
Thanks
Jan
Hello thebaker,
We have almost the same date of application, I applied as BC-PNP Skilled worker;
Application received March 12, 2010
Confirmation of receipt email received April 16, 2010
Up to now, i'm still waiting... I heard some info from other friend that it is okay however because it is still processing and no phone call received from them means the application under process didn't lack any information.

vman

May 28, 2010

What do you mean by, "I heard some info from other friend that it is okay"?

I'm 4 weeks behind you. I phoned BC pnp yesterday and they said my processing time is 16-18 weeks (yesterday was week 15). I feel somewhat, that i'm going to be waiting longer than that.

Cheers,
V

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010

Hi there all,

Still no news - I emailed late last week (at approx 19/20 weeks) to receive an email back saying a decision has been made and I should receive it in writing in the next few weeks - does anyone know if this is going to to be good or bad?? I thought I'd also receive an email if it was good news??? Help, am panicking now - no contact made via myself or employer during processing

Checking my post is a nerve wracking experience daily now!
Jan