+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - TIME LINE AND UPDATES

B777AF

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi guys,
I have an update for those who are waiting for past 4 months and beyond,
I applied for my boyfriend in the last week of December 2019 and then I only received a preliminary assessment in February 2020 asking for couple more documents of my boyfriend.

I sent voice message 11 days ago and i received a call today at 4.10pm PDT, it wasn’t a case reviewing officer but it was a call to update me regarding my pnp application since I left a voice message,

when I received call on my cellphone it showed PROVINCE OF BC as caller Id and I thought it could be some gov tax department or somebody like in the previous years I received call, but it was a customer service representative from BC PNP.

The guy answered all my questions in very calm way, he responded to my first voice mail question,
how long can it take to process an application since the processing time showing on pnp website has already been beyond 2-3 Months
“Do not worry, the volume of pnp applications they received is way higher than any recent times and due to current situation everybody are working from their houses with limited connectivities to their work and also those applicants who are waiting for a interview call or an update from application review officer since 3-4 months and those who applied very recent times can expect update in not more than 6 months time and he said this is currently the wait time for any candidate whether it’s express whether it’s any other non express category until things go back to normal from current covid situations!!!”

My second question during the call was, why was the status changed from In process to Applied and his reply for this was “On March 17th as per government ask, they had to close their office and case reviewing officers and himself in the customer service started to work from home. Due to covid 19 they had suddenly shifted to work from their home model with limited connectivity for everyone, on the last working day in office they decided to put everybody who were In Process at that time to Applied status. These applicants for sure will be assisted soon as possible and it could be a different case assisting officer than from the one who asked for further documents via email during your preliminary assessment and not sure again when but in not more than 6 months”

he also assured me “Do not worry, please have a little more patient, please wait for couple more weeks and this is something i cannot help with as how long exactly but you should receive an update from a case reviewing officer in coming days since your application was from late December 2019”

if you receive any updates from bc pnp please DO SHARE here so everybody like us waiting can stay positive in our pnp applications!!

thanks

Whoknow

Feb 12, 2020
Hi guys,
I applied for my boyfriend in the last week of December 2019 and then I only received a preliminary assessment in February 2020 asking for couple more documents of my boyfriend.

I sent voice message 11 days ago and i received a call today at 4.10pm PDT, it wasn’t a case reviewing officer but it was a call to update me regarding my pnp application since I left a voice message,

when I received call on my cellphone it showed PROVINCE OF BC as caller Id and I thought it could be some gov tax department or somebody like in the previous years I received call, but it was a customer service representative from BC PNP.

The guy answered all my questions in very calm way, he responded to my first voice mail question,
how long can it take to process an application since the processing time showing on pnp website has already been beyond 2-3 Months
“Do not worry, the volume of pnp applications they received is way higher than any recent times and due to current situation everybody are working from their houses with limited connectivities to their work and also those applicants who are waiting for a interview call or an update from application review officer since 3-4 months and those who applied very recent times can expect update in not more than 6 months time and he said this is currently the wait time for any candidate whether it’s express whether it’s any other non express category until things go back to normal from current covid situations!!!”

My second question during the call was, why was the status changed from In process to Applied and his reply for this was “On March 17th as per government ask, they had to close their office and case reviewing officers and himself in the customer service started to work from home. Due to covid 19 they had suddenly shifted to work from their home model with limited connectivity for everyone, on the last working day in office they decided to put everybody who were In Process at that time to Applied status. These applicants for sure will be assisted soon as possible and it could be a different case assisting officer than from the one who asked for further documents via email during your preliminary assessment and not sure again when but in not more than 6 months”

he also assured me “Do not worry, please have a little more patient, please wait for couple more weeks and this is something i cannot help with as how long exactly but you should receive an update from a case reviewing officer in coming days since your application was from late December 2019”

if you receive any updates from bc pnp please DO SHARE here so everybody like us waiting can stay positive in our pnp applications!!

thanks
Thanks a great deal for your update, I applied EEBC under International Student on Feb05 2020, and it's going to 3 months soon. I sent email to BCPNP and got reply that the processing time might be lengthened due to the COVID. But with your information, no hope for having any news from BCPNP within the time frame. Sigh.. waiting is never fun, especially with the going on pandemic as I don't know until when my job is secured. I count each and every single day. Good luck to you and stay safe!

Reactions: B777AF

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Thanks a great deal for your update, I applied EEBC under International Student on Feb05 2020, and it's going to 3 months soon. I sent email to BCPNP and got reply that the processing time might be lengthened due to the COVID. But with your information, no hope for having any news from BCPNP within the time frame. Sigh.. waiting is never fun, especially with the going on pandemic as I don't know until when my job is secured. I count each and every single day. Good luck to you and stay safe!
Yes it has been a long wait, I applied in Jan , received call from BCPNP in march , but after that in process.

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hi guys,

thanks
Hi, is your boyfriend in Canada or outside? If in Canada, what is his current status? (Student/ worker?) Please advise.

kalyan151098

Aug 24, 2016
Hey guys,
I am currently an undergraduate international student. I have a job offer for which I will soon be moving to Vancouver. Since, I don't have any work experience, I am not eligible for the EE categories of PR, therefore, I plan to apply the regular BC PNP International Graduate category as soon as I start working. Will soon be writing IELTS, I expect that my SIRS score will be enough to be invited. However, one thing is what confuses me the most in relation to the BC PNP. It is the processing time. On the website it says its 2-3 month for 80% of the cases.

Now, I am confused, many people I saw said that it took around 2 years for the whole PR process to be completed under BC PNP but in the BC PNP website it says 2-3 months estimated processing time.
Am I missing something here? I mean like is that 2-3 months time just for the provincial part of PR to be completed and then it takes additional time for the IRCC Federal processing? or the 2-3 month includes the whole thing until we get the PR status? Please help. Thanks.

B777AF

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hey guys,
I am currently an undergraduate international student. I have a job offer for which I will soon be moving to Vancouver. Since, I don't have any work experience, I am not eligible for the EE categories of PR, therefore, I plan to apply the regular BC PNP International Graduate category as soon as I start working. Will soon be writing IELTS, I expect that my SIRS score will be enough to be invited. However, one thing is what confuses me the most in relation to the BC PNP. It is the processing time. On the website it says its 2-3 month for 80% of the cases.

Now, I am confused, many people I saw said that it took around 2 years for the whole PR process to be completed under BC PNP but in the BC PNP website it says 2-3 months estimated processing time.
Am I missing something here? I mean like is that 2-3 months time just for the provincial part of PR to be completed and then it takes additional time for the IRCC Federal processing? or the 2-3 month includes the whole thing until we get the PR status? Please help. Thanks.
Hmm you are not clear about how things work here!! You are totally confused but before 4-5 years ago I was in your place and nobody helped me and I understand how it is,

no problem let’s be Canadian in my way!!!!
In short.

FIRST keep in mind.
BC PNP and IRCC are two different company,
BC PNP is fully managed by BC GOVERNMENT and IRCC is fully managed by FEDRAL GOVERNMENT
BC PNP does not give you PR.
IRCC is the one who process your legal status such as PR or permits or what ever immigration status you have or you need!

BC PNP nomination certificate helps to improve your immigration score for IRCC PR application. When you apply for BC PNP and if you get nominated you get more points towards your IRCC PR profile which will help you get your PR more smoothly without any delays and worries but again IRCC is the one who decides if you qualify over all process.

BC PNP nominates you, only if you qualify and meets the BC PNP program requirements. Read their guide and it’s very clearly mentioned and you wouldn’t be confused.

2-3 months on BC PNP website is the processing time for BC PNP nomination after you submit your application and pay the fees.

this 2-3 months is not the right here during this situation, I am waiting for past 5 months for the nomination. So let say you got an invitation and you apply you can expect by December or if you are lucky a bit early!

Now coming to IRCC,
IRCC has many different pathways for PR, express entry and non express entry. If you are choosing non express entry it will take 15-18 months for PR process from the day your file been received at the IRCC processing office.

B777AF

Star Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi, is your boyfriend in Canada or outside? If in Canada, what is his current status? (Student/ worker?) Please advise.
In canada
His status in Canada is Student and Worker
For BC PNP you can also apply as a VISITOR, STUDENT or WORKER or if you are outside Canada you don’t need any of these!!!!!

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply :)

My timeline:
SI - Skilled Worker
ITA: April 16th, 2020
NOC: 7204
Submissions: May 6th, 2020
Application Received: May 6th, 2020

I'll share my timeline here as my case progresses.

Last edited:

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply :)

My timeline:
SI - Skilled Worker
ITA: April 16th, 2020
NOC: 7204
Submissions: May 6th, 2020
Application Received: May 6th, 2020

I'll share my timeline here as my case progresses.
Status changed to IN PROCESS on May 13th, 2020

Whoknow

Feb 12, 2020
It's 4.5 months for my case already ( since my full application submitted)!!, I applied under express entry BC PNP but it's not express at all. Waiting is so exhausting..

Indian5183

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
7 months since I am waiting!!
It shouldn't take that long. 7 months is not normal, even during covid. I would strongly suggest you follow up with them again. More so since the scores have now come down significantly and the draws are happening in large numbers, periodically. So clearly they are working normally and have Service Levels to meet.