+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot

BC_User

Sep 30, 2018
Hi, Could someone please clarify my understanding of the process for the BC PNP tech pilot. My understanding is you apply for the BC PNP program, and somehow it gets processed through the tech pilot process? Do I have to officially apply through the tech pilot process, or does the BC PNP application get transferred to the tech pilot program at some point? The web pages for the BC PNP program do not make this clear unless I am missing something.

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, Could someone please clarify my understanding of the process for the BC PNP tech pilot. My understanding is you apply for the BC PNP program, and somehow it gets processed through the tech pilot process? Do I have to officially apply through the tech pilot process, or does the BC PNP application get transferred to the tech pilot program at some point? The web pages for the BC PNP program do not make this clear unless I am missing something.
As far as I know, there are no separate forms or submission process for Tech Pilot. If your NOC falls in one of the 29 listed NOC's, they process it in Tech Pilot Category. Ours is in Tech Pilot and we didn't apply any separately.

You can visit their updated Official Document, Page 2 - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/bed19ce3-a534-46c5-9400-c70ff76f4382/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot-FAQs_June-2020.pdf.aspx

Hope this was helpful!

bhaumikmca28

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Anand, Gujarat, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
As far as I know, there are no separate forms or submission process for Tech Pilot. If your NOC falls in one of the 29 listed NOC's, they process it in Tech Pilot Category. Ours is in Tech Pilot and we didn't apply any separately.

You can visit their updated Official Document, Page 2 - https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/bed19ce3-a534-46c5-9400-c70ff76f4382/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot-FAQs_June-2020.pdf.aspx

Hope this was helpful!
Spouse and Child will also be included in the PR process? correct?

bhaumikmca28

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Anand, Gujarat, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, but you should be able to add them after ITA stage, while you submit the Application. Pre-ITA has details of the Main Applicant only.
How did you get a job? It would be really appreciated if you could provide me some references. I am in India currently.

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
How did you get a job? It would be really appreciated if you could provide me some references. I am in India currently.
Best way is to go is through the official Jobs Bank Portal. Sometimes even the recruitment agencies could help if they need to fill in an immediate position for their Clients.

2020rg

Oct 15, 2020
Best way is to go is through the official Jobs Bank Portal. Sometimes even the recruitment agencies could help if they need to fill in an immediate position for their Clients.
I have a job offer for Senior Software Engineer from a BC employer, they are just worried if the process will take too long due to COVID. Can you throw some some light on the tech pilot timeline from your experience?

Reactions: Alex Alison

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have a job offer for Senior Software Engineer from a BC employer, they are just worried if the process will take too long due to COVID. Can you throw some some light on the tech pilot timeline from your experience?
It takes 1-3 months for bc pnp tech pilot right now.

Reactions: Alex Alison

2020rg

Oct 15, 2020
It takes 1-3 months for bc pnp tech pilot right now.
Thanks for the response. So that would mean 3m+ PR processing time. Also, the employer is exploring options for fastest work permit. Looks like GTS (promise of 2 week processing time) would be better, any idea how long that will take? Are there any other options to get a work permit in 2-3 months?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the response. So that would mean 3m+ PR processing time. Also, the employer is exploring options for fastest work permit. Looks like GTS (promise of 2 week processing time) would be better, any idea how long that will take? Are there any other options to get a work permit in 2-3 months?
Well tech pilot processing time is really fast . 2-3 months is just guess it can be fast too. Are you applied express entry pnp or regular?

sara01

Feb 4, 2020
Well tech pilot processing time is really fast . 2-3 months is just guess it can be fast too. Are you applied express entry pnp or regular?
Yes that's what they say on their website. Ours is already 3.5 Months and still no update (under Tech Pilot).