+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot (Sharing my processing time)

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
Here is my timeline experience with BC PNP TechPilot NOC: 2172
It makes people anxious while waiting so I want to share my timeline for those of you that are still waiting.
Hope it helps!

I applied for two BC PNP because I mistakenly applied to the wrong one and did not realize it until I got nominated so I reapplied again.

My score for PNP application is 106 and I am an inland applicant

The first one I applied was the Skill Immigration - International Graduate (Not through Express Entry)
File Registration: July 17 2018
ITA : July 18 2018 (Tech Draw)
Submitted application: July 19 2018
Status change to IP: July 24th
Nominated: July 24th

Then I realized I could ONLY apply through paper base for my PR in the Federal application which it takes too long so I decided to apply to the PC PNP EE

EEBC - International Graduate
File Registration: July 24th
ITA: July 25th
Submitted application: July 25th
Status change to IP: August 1st (got a phone call from my case review officer and asking me to submitted another copy of employment contract since I missed a signature on there)
Submitted the additional document: August 2nd
Nominated: August 8th
Got my 600 points after a few mins of accepting my nomination on my Express Entry profile.

My CRS was 440 before nomination and now is sitting at 1040.

Feel free to ask me questions if you can't find a answer on the BC PNP website, it is very confusing sometimes, I totally understand because I have been there!

Fahad.Ibrahim

Aug 8, 2018
As an inland applicant on work permit did you provide PCC for the countries that you have lived in?
When I applied for my work permit I had already submitted PCC for all countries that I lived in but now my UAE PCC has expired as it's valid for only 3 months and UAE police is only willing to email me my new PCC.
As per the document checklist I'm supposed to provide original copy which is not possible.
I'm currently on work permit in BC, is it still necessary that I provide PCC or a letter of explanation as to why I can't provide one?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
As an inland applicant on work permit did you provide PCC for the countries that you have lived in?
When I applied for my work permit I had already submitted PCC for all countries that I lived in but now my UAE PCC has expired as it's valid for only 3 months and UAE police is only willing to email me my new PCC.
As per the document checklist I'm supposed to provide original copy which is not possible.
I'm currently on work permit in BC, is it still necessary that I provide PCC or a letter of explanation as to why I can't provide one?
Any advice would be great.
Thanks
I didn't have to submit any police certificate for BC PNP. I believe there is no Police Certificate required even in your case because that is not in the required documents list for BC PNP.
But I only have experience with BC Nomination so if you are applying for another province, I would not know the answer since each province has its own requirements.

Last edited:

Fahad.Ibrahim

Aug 8, 2018
I'm applying through BC nomination paper based application and the document checklist is no different for inland or otherwise applicants.
So should I just apply without the PCC?

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
I'm applying through BC nomination paper based application and the document checklist is no different for inland or otherwise applicants.
So should I just apply without the PCC?
I applied my both through their website, I am not too sure about applying PNP through paper base :( but for the electronic application, the Police Certificate was not a required document for me.
Is there a reason why you are applying through paper base? Because online is definitely a lot faster.

Fahad.Ibrahim

Aug 8, 2018
I am applying through paper based because my nomination letter specifically states that the nomination is for paper based only.

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
I am applying through paper based because my nomination letter specifically states that the nomination is for paper based only.
So you are talking about Permanent Resident application then not BC PNP application. Then, YES, you will need to have a PCC from all the countries you have lived in since you were 18.

BC_User

Sep 30, 2018
It makes people anxious while waiting so I want to share my timeline for those of you that are still waiting.
Hope it helps!

I applied for two BC PNP because I mistakenly applied to the wrong one and did not realize it until I got nominated so I reapplied again.

The first one I applied was the Skill Immigration - International Graduate (Not through Express Entry)

Then I realized I could ONLY apply through paper base for my PR in the Federal application which it takes too long so I decided to apply to the PC PNP EE

Status change to IP: August 1st (got a phone call from my case review officer and asking me to submitted another copy of employment contract since I missed a signature on there)
Got my 600 points after a few mins of accepting my nomination on my Express Entry profile.

Feel free to ask me questions if you can't find a answer on the BC PNP website, it is very confusing sometimes, I totally understand because I have been there!
I am at the very early stages of the process, but don't see how you apply through the tech pilot, as it keeps sending you back to the BC PNP. How do I know I am applying through the tech process?

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
I am at the very early stages of the process, but don't see how you apply through the tech pilot, as it keeps sending you back to the BC PNP. How do I know I am applying through the tech process?
Hi, you just apply as a regular BC PNP person and the BC immigration will speed up your application if your NOC is in one of the Tech Pilot NOC. Hope this helps, good luck!

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
hello friends.
i am in BC PNP (EEBC) pool, but when i filled the form i havent submit the ECA with PNP. Since i am in the FSTP category i dont need ECA for Express.BUT would like to know. IS it mandatory to have eca for PNP. PLS suggetions.

MY diploma is trade so wes cant assess my diploma.

Cheers.

leannel

Jul 23, 2018
hello friends.
i am in BC PNP (EEBC) pool, but when i filled the form i havent submit the ECA with PNP. Since i am in the FSTP category i dont need ECA for Express.BUT would like to know. IS it mandatory to have eca for PNP. PLS suggetions.

MY diploma is trade so wes cant assess my diploma.

Cheers.
Hello, if you are applying for EEBC, once you get your additional 600 points, you will be under PNP express entry category and will no longer be eligible for FSTP. I met both Federal Skill and CEC category for EE but when you accept the 600 points from the PNP program, the system will confirm with you and ask if you are okay to give up your eligibility for other categories. So I will suggest you to check if EE PNP requires you to have ECA also check BC PNP if it requires ECA as well, if it does, then you have to submit one. (My education was all done in Canada so I did not need to get ECA so I cannot tell you if you need one for BC PNP or not.) Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: vasuv001

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello, if you are applying for EEBC, once you get your additional 600 points, you will be under PNP express entry category and will now longer be eligible for FSTP. I met both Federal Skill and CEC category for EE but when you accept the 600 points from the PNP program, the system will confirm will you and ask if you are okay to give up your eligibility for other categories. So I will suggest you to check if EE PNP requires you to have ECA also check BC PNP if it requires ECA as well, if it does, then you have to submit one. (My education was all done in Canada so I did not need ECA so I cannot tell you if you need one for BC PNP or not.) Good luck!

thanks leannel, for ur prompt response.

carefree

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
Hope it helps!

I am already in British Columbia and applying for PNP next months , I already had full time Job offer and already working in NOC B for past 4 months

My category is 6221 which is in BC PNP high priority Tech Pilot Program, can you please advise should I go for EEBC PNP or Skilled Worker ? I completed 1 year course from BC PNP and on PGWP.

although my score is quite low around 82 in BC PNP because of low IELTS and unavailability of work experience letters from my country ( although I have worked for 10 years in my country in the same NOC 6221)

I think BC PNP will has high score 91 which I am not able to come up with so anyone of you can advise me what should be my path for it.

IQAS assessed my credentials as "Masters" and I completed 1 yr program here in BC

your response shall be highly appreciated.

Once again thanks for your response.

EXD

carefree

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
I am already in British Columbia and applying for PNP next months , I already had full time Job offer and already working in NOC B for past 4 months

My category is 6221 which is in BC PNP high priority Tech Pilot Program, can you please advise should I go for EEBC PNP or Skilled Worker ? I completed 1 year course from BC PNP and on PGWP.

although my score is quite low around 82 in BC PNP because of low IELTS and unavailability of work experience letters from my country ( although I have worked for 10 years in my country in the same NOC 6221)

I think BC PNP will has high score 91 which I am not able to come up with so anyone of you can advise me what should be my path for it.

IQAS assessed my credentials as "Masters" and I completed 1 yr program here in BC

your response shall be highly appreciated.

Once again thanks for your response.

EXD

Reactions: Sjkl