+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot 2020 - What's your status?

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Is it compulsory to do that ? Did your employer mentioned that ?
Yes its a requirement and your employer must write what efforts they did to hire a Canadian and the reasoning behind why they needed to hire a foreign worker. Sometimes they ask for proof which will be like their ads and etc.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes its a requirement and your employer must write what efforts they did to hire a Canadian and the reasoning behind why they needed to hire a foreign worker.
What if you are on pgwp and referred by someone in company? Did your employer posted?

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
What if you are on pgwp and referred by someone in company? Did your employer posted?
i think if your employer said they did put an effort to hire a Canadian for more than 14 days on ads but none of them were the right candidate and when you were referred you were their best choice because you fit with the company culture and your experience was something they needed that could not be find in other applicants? I'm not too sure but being referred shouldn't be a reason to get denied as long as they put out an ad

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
i think if your employer said they did put an effort to hire a Canadian for more than 14 days on ads but none of them were the right candidate and when you were referred you were their best choice because you fit with the company culture and your experience was something they needed that could not be find in other applicants? I'm not too sure but being referred shouldn't be a reason to get denied as long as they put out an ad
They never put add online put they put outside location. Also guide say that if you are on pgwp and currently working full time in position recruitment efforts are met .

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
They never put add online put they put outside location. Also guide say that if you are on pgwp and currently working full time in position recruitment efforts are met .
Oh I wasn't too sure about pgwp visa so maybe only applies to people who doesn't have that type of visa. But its in their job offer form in the Recruitment summary section. Whenever I asked for advice in this section they've mentioned the effort of recruitment must be more than 14 days.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Oh I wasn't too sure about pgwp visa so maybe only applies to people who doesn't have that type of visa. But its in their job offer form in the Recruitment summary section. Whenever I asked for advice in this section they've mentioned the effort of recruitment must be more than 14 days.
Did your employer posted online? What did he put ? Are You on open wp ?

moonjuice

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Did your employer posted online? What did he put ? Are You on open wp ?
Yes, Open WP.
My employer put an ad for my position on Indeed and glassdoor etc. In the job offer form they have a section where your employer has to fill in but I'm not an expert but your case worker prob would have contacted your employer if this was a problem or denied your application and offered you a refund.

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
Hi all,

I registered on 04-Mar-2020,
Got into the pool after two weeks from tech pliot draw.
Submited application and paied $700 on 01-Apr-2020
Score: 104
Class: Skills Immigration Application / International Graduate (normal, not EE)
NOC: 2173
Phone interview on 16-Apr-2020
After paied the fee, I noticed the status turned into in progress.

Today I got a call from Vancouver, at 12:16 p.m. from BC PNP program. The person asked a couple of questions like the addess where do I work, who is my manager, where is the location of my manager, when did I start my potition, etc. Will keep posting updates.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all,

I registered on 04-Mar-2020,
Got into the pool after two weeks from tech pliot draw.
Submited application and paied $700 on 01-Apr-2020
Score: 104
Class: Skills Immigration Application / International Graduate (normal, not EE)
NOC: 2173
Phone interview on 16-Apr-2020
After paied the fee, I noticed the status turned into in progress.

Today I got a call from Vancouver, at 12:16 p.m. from BC PNP program. The person asked a couple of questions like the addess where do I work, who is my manager, where is the location of my manager, when did I start my potition, etc. Will keep posting updates.
What was the number they called you from,? Who was that program advisor or case review officer?

jasonliuengr

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-05-2020
Nomination.....
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
06-11-2020
Med's Done....
05-12-2020
LANDED..........
15-02-2021
What was the number they called you from,? Who was that program advisor or case review officer?
I'd prefer not to expose his full number but last four digits are 8176. He didn't introduce himslef, just said he is from bc pnp program to ask for a few questions.

Last edited: