+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Tech Pilot 2020 - What's your status?

kakarotto87

May 31, 2021
Hello everybody,

Just sharing my case / time line
Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker EEBC

Registered on 2021/04/14
Application sent 2021/04/16
ITA Received 2021/04/20

Application submitted and paid on 2021/05/14

Agent emailed me on May 17th requesting more documents.
Everything sent on May 27th.

Still waiting... My application still "In process"...

And now?

NOC 2282

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. I have couple of questions on the BCPNP employer requirement (might sound basic questions - pardon me), Would be great if i get responses on the same.

I have GTS LMIA from BC employer. My Work-permit is in-progress by employer attorney. My next step would be to file for BCPNP tech program.

Questions:

1. Since GTS approved LMIA does not required job posting, Am I exempt/Considered full-filled from Employer job posting requirement?

2. Is it must to have min. 5 employee for Vancouver based employer or it can be exempt through job offer form and letter from employer? (I will be the first employee for this global organization in Canada)

Thank you

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing good. I have couple of questions on the BCPNP employer requirement (might sound basic questions - pardon me), Would be great if i get responses on the same.

I have GTS LMIA from BC employer. My Work-permit is in-progress by employer attorney. My next step would be to file for BCPNP tech program.

Questions:

1. Since GTS approved LMIA does not required job posting, Am I exempt/Considered full-filled from Employer job posting requirement?

2. Is it must to have min. 5 employee for Vancouver based employer or it can be exempt through job offer form and letter from employer? (I will be the first employee for this global organization in Canada)

Thank you
Can someone please help me clear my doubts please? Would be really help full if anyone respond.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Questions:

Thank you
Is this company registered in BC as a business? There are specific requirements for BC business and it seems you are the first and only employee. It is all in the guide. The company has to be in business in BC for at least a year.

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
Hi Naturgrl, Thanks for your response.

I have received Approved GTS LMIA on their Vancouver address. So yes, Registered as BC employer but I will be first employee in the location.

So the question i have for BCPNP are, appreciate your further guidance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl, Thanks for your response.

I have received Approved GTS LMIA on their Vancouver address. So yes, Registered as BC employer but I will be first employee in the location.

So the question i have for BCPNP are, appreciate your further guidance.

1. Your employer is not eligible so not sure how you can apply through BC PNP.

2. So the company has been registered and operating for at least a year. The guide has specific requirements so read through the guide. All the information is there. Yes, your employer needs at least 5 employees and have to on the payroll (T4s) and be in good standing.

Reactions: bhumitparekh

bhumitparekh

Mar 5, 2021
1. Your employer is not eligible so not sure how you can apply through BC PNP.

2. So the company has been registered and operating for at least a year. The guide has specific requirements so read through the guide. All the information is there. Yes, your employer needs at least 5 employees and have to on the payroll (T4s) and be in good standing.
Thanks for your response and clarity.

Looking at below from BCPNP program guid, I thought those requirement can be ignore with employee letter

Other Considerations
"At its sole discretion, the BC PNP may consider an application where the supporting employer does not meet the minimum requirements, including but not limited to, considering registered businesses that are regular partnerships or sole proprietorships. However, in order to be considered, the supporting employer must, at the time of application, make a compelling business case in writing to the BC PNP that demonstrates how the nomination will generate significant economic benefits to B.C."

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response and clarity.

Looking at below from BCPNP program guid, I thought those requirement can be ignore with employee letter

Other Considerations
"At its sole discretion, the BC PNP may consider an application where the supporting employer does not meet the minimum requirements, including but not limited to, considering registered businesses that are regular partnerships or sole proprietorships. However, in order to be considered, the supporting employer must, at the time of application, make a compelling business case in writing to the BC PNP that demonstrates how the nomination will generate significant economic benefits to B.C."
It says may so your employer needs a compelling case not to meet any eligibility requirements.

Reactions: bhumitparekh