+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP status changed from Applied to In Process

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
Thank you @Miss bee, I have seen some applicants getting nominations on the same day when their status gets changed to "in process", is that based on the profile or a particular stream?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you @Miss bee, I have seen some applicants getting nominations on the same day when their status gets changed to "in process", is that based on the profile or a particular stream?
It all depends on your profile. Some applications are straightforward but some they might need additional documentation or sometimes they need to verify employer documents and history. There is no particular timeline to get nominated.

Reactions: Sid124

AM JED

Apr 3, 2024
I have become very attached to Canada's immigration programs and have become familiar with all ten of Canada's provinces and three territories. Indeed, I am advanced in age, but I am still dynamic and want to occupy any job position that adds to Canada's economy, such as a truck or bus driver, for example, or a forklift driver, in addition to a delivery driver. I am also ready to work in warehouses. In agriculture, livestock raising, and construction.
My previous experience was in security and law, and I wanted to work for the World Guard Company in Canada. I am also ready to work in fisheries and swimming pools in rescue and protection. Is there an opportunity for me in these fields and am I ready to travel immediately?

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
@Miss bee , I have received a request for additional documents from the program advisor. I submitted all requested documents within the hour of the email.
Does it mean now they will keep my file on the side and review it with all other applications that are supposed to provide additional documents? In an email, it mentioned that a preliminary review has been conducted.

r_frdias

Nov 21, 2019
@Miss bee , I have received a request for additional documents from the program advisor. I submitted all requested documents within the hour of the email.
Does it mean now they will keep my file on the side and review it with all other applications that are supposed to provide additional documents? In an email, it mentioned that a preliminary review has been conducted.
What is your timeline, please?
I applied on Feb 02 and I am still waiting for a status change.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
No , your PNP application will be continued processed even after additional documents requested. If everything is in order and you meet program requirements, your application will be sent to Program advisor from case review officer to make final decision and issue you nomination certificate.

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
No , your PNP application will be continued processed even after additional documents requested. If everything is in order and you meet program requirements, your application will be sent to Program advisor from case review officer to make final decision and issue you nomination certificate.
Thank you for your response, I just checked and I got a nomination to my IRCC account.
600 points have been added. Nothing from BC PNP yet.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your response, I just checked and I got a nomination to my IRCC account.
600 points have been added. Nothing from BC PNP yet.
Congratulations. You are nominated and you will receive nomination letter tomorrow or maybe next week for sure . Just open your account and accept 600 points and get ready will all forms and PCC to submit your PR application. Also do upfront medical too . Nomination is on your way soon .

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
Congratulations. You are nominated and you will receive nomination letter tomorrow or maybe next week for sure . Just open your account and accept 600 points and get ready will all forms and PCC to submit your PR application. Also do upfront medical too . Nomination is on your way soon .
Thank you for your guidance @Miss bee , I have applied for PCC already.
Would you recommend getting a medical exam? I came here on a study visa and since then no international travel.
Also, I have a common-law partner on my application, would you recommend getting any documents ready for that? like any agreement or affidavit?

Last edited:

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for your guidance @Miss bee , I have applied for PCC already.
Would you recommend getting a medical exam? I came here on a study visa and since then no international travel.
Also, I have a common-law partner on my application, would you recommend getting any documents ready for that? like any agreement or affidavit?
You should do new medical exam however there was temporary exemptions regarding that . You have to include your common law spouse in your application. If you don’t include, you will do misrepresentation and you can never sponsor your spouse.

In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.

Sid124

Mar 14, 2024
You should do new medical exam however there was temporary exemptions regarding that . You have to include your common law spouse in your application. If you don’t include, you will do misrepresentation and you can never sponsor your spouse.

In-Canada applicants
We’ve put in place a temporary public policy for immigration medical exams (IMEs) until October 6, 2024.

If you completed an IME within 5 years of submitting your new application, include the IME number (or the unique medical identifier number) from your previous exam in your current application.

You may be exempt from completing another IME if you meet all of these conditions:

• You applied, or are applying, for either permanent residence or temporary residence.
  • You already live in Canada.
  • You completed your previous IME in the last 5 years.
  • Your previous IME indicated a low risk or no risk to public health or public safety.
Thank you, one more question - I received a package from BC PNP with confirmation of the nomination.
Is it the same that will be used for the application of a bridging work permit? if so I have my common law in my application and I did not receive anything for her.
Can I ask BC PNP to provide a letter for her as well?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you, one more question - I received a package from BC PNP with confirmation of the nomination.
Is it the same that will be used for the application of a bridging work permit? if so I have my common law in my application and I did not receive anything for her.
Can I ask BC PNP to provide a letter for her as well?
You have to apply for OWP for her . Did you added her in your PNP application as a common law ?