+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP- Spouse in Ontario

Npatel025

Jan 26, 2024
Hi All,

I am filling bc pnp express entry (International post graduate) option. I have residency in BC and paying taxes in BC. But my spouse has job in Ontario. Does he need to prove his residency in BC?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hi All,

I am filling bc pnp express entry (International post graduate) option. I have residency in BC and paying taxes in BC. But my spouse has job in Ontario. Does he need to prove his residency in BC?
The question really is whether you spouse currently lives or work in BC. If he neither lives nor work in BC, then you can't prove residency. You will have to structure his story as an intention to live in BC with you. However, that's a tricky twist because he works in Ontario. If his income is more than yours, then its harder to say he will leave his job to live with you in BC. If his income can sustain you two what is stopping you from leaving the province to live with him? Those are the questions IRCC would think about.

Nilampatel025

Oct 10, 2023
Thanks for the response. At what point IRCC asks for this clarification? for BC PNP IGP- I do not need job offer or anything, I am eligible via my masters in UBC. But as i am creating profile with Express entry, do I have to write explanation letter in my application regarding my and my spouse's intention to reside in BC?

Nilampatel025

Oct 10, 2023
The question really is whether you spouse currently lives or work in BC. If he neither lives nor work in BC, then you can't prove residency. You will have to structure his story as an intention to live in BC with you. However, that's a tricky twist because he works in Ontario. If his income is more than yours, then its harder to say he will leave his job to live with you in BC. If his income can sustain you two what is stopping you from leaving the province to live with him? Those are the questions IRCC would think about.
Do I also need to write on behalf of my spouse that he intends to live in BC? or if intent to live in BC should be limited to myself?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
If it is a joint application you should include all his details and a letter outlie his intention to relocate to BC.

Nilampatel025

Oct 10, 2023
If it is a joint application you should include all his details and a letter outlie his intention to relocate to BC.
Thank you very much. I feel as long as its true intention to move once he finds job in BC, and if we can provide attempts for applying to jobs etc. it should be okay? is there anything specific that we can show that he is intending to move to BC?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Thank you very much. I feel as long as its true intention to move once he finds job in BC, and if we can provide attempts for applying to jobs etc. it should be okay? is there anything specific that we can show that he is intending to move to BC?
A good indication would be to show a joint signed lease agreement in BC. There is a flipped way to look at the jobs application you mentioned. If you only show failed applications, this confirms that he will not leave his current employment.

Nilampatel025

Oct 10, 2023
A good indication would be to show a joint signed lease agreement in BC. There is a flipped way to look at the jobs application you mentioned. If you only show failed applications, this confirms that he will not leave his current employment.
Thank you very much.

Just want to mention that I am the main applicant and my spouse is dependent. I have graduated in IGP eligible course, so I am going to be in BC for my residency.

basketball99

Mar 3, 2024
Hello everyone,
I am in the same situation as Nilampatel025, my spouse is in Ontario and I have completed PhD from UBC, applying for BC PNP. I am resident of BC and paying taxes and mentioned my intention to stay in BC in letter of intention. I am not sure what to mention about my spouse as she is not currently in BC. What did you write about your spouse intention to stay in BC Nilampatel025.

Nilampatel025

Oct 10, 2023
for spouse, maybe mention that she will move after PR? or maybe she can work remotely in future so she can move with you. I feel main applicant's intention is more important, but given scenarios like this, we should explain the situation.