+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP skilled immigration: skilled worker

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Hi,

I have been nominated by BC PNP skilled immigration on Apr 17, I would like to know whether I should wait for the work permit application to get approved first then apply permanent resident? Or I apply for both of them together? I am just afraid my work permit got rejected and then they will not refund my paper pr application?

Thanks

Linda

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

I have been nominated by BC PNP skilled immigration on Apr 17, I would like to know whether I should wait for the work permit application to get approved first then apply permanent resident? Or I apply for both of them together? I am just afraid my work permit got rejected and then they will not refund my paper pr application?

Thanks

Linda
Can you share your timeline for bc pnp ? When did u applied under which category and noc? Did they request any additional documents?

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Can you share your timeline for bc pnp ? When did u applied under which category and noc? Did they request any additional documents?
Timeline is normal 6 months like any other from.bc pnp. I'm currently a visitor in Canada and I made the application online. I have to do biometrics but all visa offices are closed right now. So until they are opened , only I can do biometrics. Noc 1111 skilled worker. Is there anything to do with the NOC and category?!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Timeline is normal 6 months like any other from.bc pnp. I'm currently a visitor in Canada and I made the application online. I have to do biometrics but all visa offices are closed right now. So until they are opened , only I can do biometrics. Noc 1111 skilled worker. Is there anything to do with the NOC and category?!
Last you mentioned bc pnp advisor said your advertisement is different and they said to reapply? What did you done in that situation .

Reactions: Lindasantoso

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Did you applied with same employer? Same position what did u mention in recruitment efforts this time ?

Nigudkar1996

Apr 28, 2020
Hello,

I need your advice regarding an issue I am facing with my process for BC PNP.

I have completed my 9 month experience as a food counter attendant at Subway in Feb 2020. But the points for Semi-skilled were at 85, so my consultant advised me to take the IELTS exam again to move my CLB level from 8 to 9 so I get more 4 points. but due to COVID19 the IELTS was cancelled. And again due to the COVID19, all the employees at work are almost getting 15-20 hrs or so per week. Due to which we had to apply for EI.

My current consultant told me since I now have a gap in my experience before submitting my application for PNP, I am not able to apply now and says that I have to build a 9month period experience again from the start. Do I have to start from scratch again?

Please help.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

I have completed my 9 month experience as a food counter attendant at Subway in Feb 2020. But the points for Semi-skilled were at 85, so my consultant advised me to take the IELTS exam again to move my CLB level from 8 to 9 so I get more 4 points. but due to COVID19 the IELTS was cancelled. And again due to the COVID19, all the employees at work are almost getting 15-20 hrs or so per week. Due to which we had to apply for EI.

My current consultant told me since I now have a gap in my experience before submitting my application for PNP, I am not able to apply now and says that I have to build a 9month period experience again from the start. Do I have to start from scratch again?

Please help.
No it’s not true . You can apply still please read guide on bc pnp website under ESL category.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello,

Please help.
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14a55c84-1301-4959-8a5d-888785a2ac2a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.pdf.aspx

Reactions: Nigudkar1996