+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Question: Skills Immigration: International graduate

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hello everyone, I am new to the BC PNP still and would appreciate if you can share with me some insights.

I have read that there are "Express Entry: International Graduate" and "Skills Immigration: International Graduate" stream for the BC PNP.

My question is:

1. Are they different? Do I understand correctly that for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate, I do not need to be in Express Entry?

2. I am now a Masters student and do not have work experience yet (so I am not qualified for Express Entry).
Can I still apply for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate stream?

3. Also, I will be graduating in June and will start to work from that time. Will the quotas be fulfilled by then? Or I should wait until BC PNP next year (2017)?

4. Since employers will need to go through the BC PNP process also, usually do they have a problem with that? Will that prevent most companies from giving offer letters to international students who will be in PNP?

Thank you so much for your help. It means a lot to me! :)

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Georgesand said:
Hello everyone, I am new to the BC PNP still and would appreciate if you can share with me some insights.

I have read that there are "Express Entry: International Graduate" and "Skills Immigration: International Graduate" stream for the BC PNP.

My question is:

1. Are they different? Do I understand correctly that for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate, I do not need to be in Express Entry?

2. I am now a Masters student and do not have work experience yet (so I am not qualified for Express Entry).
Can I still apply for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate stream?

3. Also, I will be graduating in June and will start to work from that time. Will the quotas be fulfilled by then? Or I should wait until BC PNP next year (2017)?

4. Since employers will need to go through the BC PNP process also, usually do they have a problem with that? Will that prevent most companies from giving offer letters to international students who will be in PNP?

Thank you so much for your help. It means a lot to me! :)
Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1. the major difference is that for any streams under EEBC, you'll have to meet the requirements for both regular "Skills Immigration streams" and for "Federal Express Entry" (i.e. you need to have at least one year work experience and higher English language requirement, etc). Therefore, if you apply under Skills Immigration: International Graduate, you do not need to be in EE pool and you do not have to have wok experience (but having work experience will give you more points in the registration system).

2. you don' t need any work experience to apply under Skills Immigration: International Graduate; you only need a job offer. In fact, if your graduate school major is one of the science/health sciences/engineering programs, you can even apply through a better stream: BCPNP Skills Immigration: International Post Graduates.

3. I sincerely hope that the quota won't be fulfilled that soon. BCPNP just introduced a point-based registration system. It's similar to the Express Entry ranking system. An 'invitation to apply' is required in order for a candidate to apply.The reason why this new system is introduced is because they don't want the annual quotas to be fulfilled that fast like what happened last year. It's hard to say... Right now BCPNP hasn't released the annual quota for 2016.

4. BCPNP doesn't ask that much from the employer. As I knew it, only business license and incorporation certificate are required from the employer when applying for BCPNP. Of course, you still have to show your best at work in oder for your employer to be willing to sponsor you; after all, the whole purpose for an employer to support his employee to immigrate is to retain this employee in the future. If you employer dorsn't think you're the right fit for the job ,there's no way he'll sipport you in this... On the other hand, if your employer does like you, I don't think it's gonna be a problem.

I suggest you to look up the BCPNP application guideline on their website and read the registration system part carefully and give yourself an estimated score. Most of the candidates are eligible (meaning they meet the minimum requirements), but they are still far away from the minimum invitation cut-off score. Once you know how far you are way from your stream's minimum score, you can startcoming up with plan to try to improve your score.

Wish you all the best!

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Hello mikko008

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it!

I have read the document and think I will get 106-107 points for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate! I am very happy to know that I can apply for it without waiting until I have 1 year work experience first.

I am a little bit concerned though. Because my program is just one year, so I might get a Post Graduate Work Permit too. I have read on here that some people wait for like 1-2 years for the normal BC PNP (not express entry). So my questions are:

1. In the past, how long did it usually take to get a nomination for BC PNP?
2. Do you think it is possible to apply for PNP right after graduation in June and get nominated by June 2017? If I got nominated I think I will be able to use the bridge extension for my work visa.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help! :D

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Georgesand said:
Hello mikko008

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate it!

I have read the document and think I will get 106-107 points for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate! I am very happy to know that I can apply for it without waiting until I have 1 year work experience first.

I am a little bit concerned though. Because my program is just one year, so I might get a Post Graduate Work Permit too. I have read on here that some people wait for like 1-2 years for the normal BC PNP (not express entry). So my questions are:

1. In the past, how long did it usually take to get a nomination for BC PNP?
2. Do you think it is possible to apply for PNP right after graduation in June and get nominated by June 2017? If I got nominated I think I will be able to use the bridge extension for my work visa.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help! :D
I'm glad that you could have a optimistic registration score! As for the length of your work permit, I've seen several people who also finished a one-year post-secondary program (From UBC though) but go three-year work permit...I don't really know the reason...Probably because as long as it's a master degree from an eligible/prestigious university, they'll count it as a two-year program because, in Canada by standard, it usually takes students two years to finish any master program. So don't be too surprised if you receive a three-year work permit!

The bad news is, in 2015, the average processing time for a non-EE PNP program took more than one year to be processed.. Ever since Express Entry was introduced, all the non-EE program, no matter provincial or federal, took like forever... I've read so many posts on this forum complaining that they have submitted their BCPNP applicaiton on Jan. 2015 but still haven't heard anything back.... But this year should be faster because they just introduced the point-registration system and the whole purpose for it is to prevent getting too many applications at the same time; if the system works as they expected, it should help them process the applications much faster.

Wish you all the best man!

Parisaseta

Mar 13, 2016
BC PNP Question: Skills Immigration: International graduate-Feb 2017

Hi everybody,

Hope every one is doing well. I have a criticl question and I appreciate it if any one would guide me.
I have done my masters in Canada( Alberta) and had been offered a permanent full time job in August. I was working there for like 5 months and because of some problems could not continue there. I applied for BC-PNP-International graduate stream during my employment. And now after resigning, I have received an email from BC-PNP that I am invited to apply.
Does anybody know that I can still apply or not? Since it was said you will be eligible if have a Canadian degree and permanent job offer. And I applied that time.
I will appreciate it if any body can guide me.
Thanks and Best Regards
Parisa

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Re: BC PNP Question: Skills Immigration: International graduate-Feb 2017

Parisaseta said:
Hi everybody,

Hope every one is doing well. I have a criticl question and I appreciate it if any one would guide me.
I have done my masters in Canada( Alberta) and had been offered a permanent full time job in August. I was working there for like 5 months and because of some problems could not continue there. I applied for BC-PNP-International graduate stream during my employment. And now after resigning, I have received an email from BC-PNP that I am invited to apply.
Does anybody know that I can still apply or not? Since it was said you will be eligible if have a Canadian degree and permanent job offer. And I applied that time.
I will appreciate it if any body can guide me.
Thanks and Best Regards
Parisa
You cannot apply right now because you will need documents from your employers as your sponsor, unless you have a new job with the same NOC.

Thinly

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Re: BC PNP Question: Skills Immigration: International graduate-Feb 2017

Hello Everyone,

I am just curious about some information; As per the BC PNP regulations, I registered and got an invitation on October 12, 2016, and I submitted the application on November 10, 2016. It's been almost 87 days since I submitted my application to the BC PNP under Skills Immigration International Graduate category. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything back from them regarding my application status. On the Dashboard, it just says that my application status is still Applied.

Please suggest me if anyone is facing the same adversity. I would greatly appreciate it if you could reply to my question as soon as possible.

Thanks!

GuiStocovick

Aug 1, 2017
Hi, I recently got a job as Administrative Assistant 1241 and I'm looking to apply for the Express Entry BC - International Graduate (by qualifying for FSWP) and I saw some people saying they were asked to provide 6 months of paychecks, is this some requirement, how does that work if literally just started working?