+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Processing times increased

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Bholl said:
I am in the same boat as well.

My work were happy to support my PNP application so I did that thinking it would be a 2 month gap from my current VISA expiring and the BC PNP being approved. But since sending my application in, in Sept it ballooned to 8-9 months from 5-6, I am in a position where I am unsure if my workplace will be able to hold my position that long.

I think as you mentioned Jen I will be getting a back up letter from my employer as it is unfair to accept applications with and advertised wait time then changing it after you have already submitted! Unfair on both the application and employer. I would have gone the LMIA route as I fall under skill type 0 I would have had a better chance getting that approved and finalised faster than the PNP route.

I too will be heading home until I hear back :(
Hey Bholl,

I think as Liisa mentioned if you had sent your application before the times increased to 8-9 months you will (hopefully) not be waiting that long possible around the 6 month mark or a bit longer. It looks like it is currently taking them around 5.5 months to process the applications they are currently working on. They are working on end of Mays. We applied in August so hoping I'll hear back around Feb.

If your employer still supports you and can write the letter stating so or is giving you the open job offer. We weren't able to get the open job offer but so have a letter saying they still support the application and will take us back so when PNP contact the employer they will ask more questions as we don't have the open job offer.

Good luck with your application! :)

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
jenn19 said:
Hey Bholl,

I think as Liisa mentioned if you had sent your application before the times increased to 8-9 months you will (hopefully) not be waiting that long possible around the 6 month mark or a bit longer. It looks like it is currently taking them around 5.5 months to process the applications they are currently working on. They are working on end of Mays. We applied in August so hoping I'll hear back around Feb.

If your employer still supports you and can write the letter stating so or is giving you the open job offer. We weren't able to get the open job offer but so have a letter saying they still support the application and will take us back so when PNP contact the employer they will ask more questions as we don't have the open job offer.

Good luck with your application! :)
Hi Jenn,

Yes I think from what I can gather they are processing 25 applications a day and my app is 61** so yeah seems like they are at 2700ish so roughly 3400 / 25 / 5 = 27 weeks. Not what I was wanting but fingers crossed it isn't that long!

alessandroV

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Bholl said:
Hi Jenn,

Yes I think from what I can gather they are processing 25 applications a day and my app is 61** so yeah seems like they are at 2700ish so roughly 3400 / 25 / 5 = 27 weeks. Not what I was wanting but fingers crossed it isn't that long!

Hi Bholl,

Your post seems as interesting as sad...27 weeks is a too long time!!! :(
My application has been received on july 16th ang i got PNP file number a week later ( N° 42**).
who told you they are processing at about 2700th application? is that info true?
In this case could be not so long..

Anyway on your experience, is it possible to apply for a work permit from outside Canada while you are waiting to be nominated for PNP?

waiting time is stressing me soooo much!

thanks and good luck

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
alessandroV said:
Hi Bholl,

Your post seems as interesting as sad...27 weeks is a too long time!!! :(
My application has been received on july 16th ang i got PNP file number a week later ( N° 42**).
who told you they are processing at about 2700th application? is that info true?
In this case could be not so long..

Anyway on your experience, is it possible to apply for a work permit from outside Canada while you are waiting to be nominated for PNP?

waiting time is stressing me soooo much!

thanks and good luck
Hi AlessandroV

From the info I have gathered from the lists posted on this site by R1982. They are processing May files and most of those are in the 2300-2700 range. The most advanced number quoted as receiving their nomination was in the 27**'s So that is how I came to that conclusion.

My hope is they expedite some of these applications as it seems in the month of aug/sep the number of applications increased by quite a bit!

Chivin

Nov 4, 2014
Hello all,

I applied for BCPNP a couple of months ago under the ELSS category. My current work permit is set to expire one month from now and I plan to change to a visitor visa while I wait for my application to be approved.
I have noticed however, quite a few people have been asked for their working hours to be re-submitted when their application is being processed. Obviously I will not be maintaining the requirement of working 30 hours per week after my visa expires.
Will this affect my application? How can they expect you to work full time when processing times are currently at 8-9 months?

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Chivin said:
Hello all,

I applied for BCPNP a couple of months ago under the ELSS category. My current work permit is set to expire one month from now and I plan to change to a visitor visa while I wait for my application to be approved.
I have noticed however, quite a few people have been asked for their working hours to be re-submitted when their application is being processed. Obviously I will not be maintaining the requirement of working 30 hours per week after my visa expires.
Will this affect my application? How can they expect you to work full time when processing times are currently at 8-9 months?
Hi Chivin,

When we spoke to the PNP they said they are taking into account that people will be having to stop working due to the lengthy processing times but as long as you maintain your status.

When did you apply?

Our visa expires next week and we are heading home as we are going to be waiting another 3+ months. It's a very difficult situation to be in. :(

Chivin

Nov 4, 2014
jenn19 said:
Hi Chivin,

When we spoke to the PNP they said they are taking into account that people will be having to stop working due to the lengthy processing times but as long as you maintain your status.

When did you apply?

Our visa expires next week and we are heading home as we are going to be waiting another 3+ months. It's a very difficult situation to be in. :(
I applied mid-September and my visa expires in a month.
It is such a difficult situation. I'm contemplating going home too because I know there is going to be a long wait ahead.
Do you know if you are allowed to work back home? Or must you only remain employed by your Canadian sponsor?

jenn19

Star Member
Sep 28, 2014
Chivin said:
I applied mid-September and my visa expires in a month.
It is such a difficult situation. I'm contemplating going home too because I know there is going to be a long wait ahead.
Do you know if you are allowed to work back home? Or must you only remain employed by your Canadian sponsor?
Hi Chivin,

I know what you mean we were contemplating staying but when the time increased again to 8-9 months we decided we had to go back home. You should be fine to work back home. As long as you are not doing anything in Canada and you keep your status so basically not working illegally. If your employer are supplying you with a open job offer to go back then you are fine. If they aren't like our situation as the work place can't hold a position open for certain person. We were advised by PNP that as long as the employer continues to support our application and will higher you back full time then it should be ok. They will just ask your employer more questions and make a decision based on this.

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
If you leave the country to go home and work you don't need to maintain status in canada.

You only need to maintain status if you plan on staying (and not working). Once you come back oot the country with your approved paperwork you will get your status back.

Well that's what they told me when I emailed them.

ANU ARUN

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10/03/2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
12/01/2016
AOR Received.
15/04/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
upfront on11/11/2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
hi all,

It is very sad that pnp processing time is increased from 5-6 months to 8-9 months. I submitted my documents on October 28 ,and got AOR on November 21, and file number is 68**..My work permit will expire on March 2015 too. I have heard that we need a valid work status to get the Pnp approval. If I go back home after March,will they consider my file or reject it?

Bholl

Sep 22, 2014
ANU ARUN said:
hi all,

It is very sad that pnp processing time is increased from 5-6 months to 8-9 months. I submitted my documents on October 28 ,and got AOR on November 21, and file number is 68**..My work permit will expire on March 2015 too. I have heard that we need a valid work status to get the Pnp approval. If I go back home after March,will they consider my file or reject it?
Not true you will need a valid job offer. You get a work permit when you re-enter the country (or apply for it once you have your PNP approval letter)

aralizadegan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
How long is does it take to process online BC PNP application? I am applying from outside Canada

The website says 2-3 month, but it writes that for skills immigration and EE BC
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Processing-Times

I have heard from my friends inside BC that it took all of them less than a week to approve.
Here in this forum i hear about 9 months or something! Does someone has an update info about this?