+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Process and Temporary Work Visa at the border? British national

Stefanh90

Nov 16, 2016
Hi,

I've been searching everywhere and cannot find an answer to my question.

When going through the BC PNP process I understand this can take between 6-10 weeks for the paperwork to process and then to receive the Nomination Certificate and a Work Permit Issuance Support Letter.

The next step would to be apply for a temporary work visa. I have checked on the CIC website and the current processing time for applicants from the UK is 8 weeks. With this in mind, I cannot see why an employer would want to potentially wait 8 weeks for the employee to be able to start work?

Is it possible for a British Citizen to take the required paperwork to the Canadian border and instantly receive a work permit to be able to begin work once in the possession of a Nomination Letter and Work Permit Issuance Support Letter? i have seen conflicting answers online to this question.

I am currently searching for a job and i just imagine it will be very difficult to get a job offer if the employer has to wait potentially 2 months or more before I was eligible to work.

Thanks for any advice!

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
I don't think that an immediate issuance of temporary work permit is possible. However, I'm following the topic to hear different opinions or facts, as I'd also be happy if that could be any faster than it is.

BTW, it's not 2 months - it is more like 6 months for the employer, since a job offer is a prerequisite for BC PNP.

Stefanh90

Nov 16, 2016
I see. I was under the impression the BC PNP process would be about 6 months, yes. But surely, receiving a temporary work permit would mean being able to start work within 2 months (current processing time) while the BC PNP paperwork goes through?