+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP or Express Entry

Jun 28, 2018
Hi all,

I have a question for experienced people on here who have applied for their PNP and/or PR from BC. Completed my Masters in Computer Science from a university in BC in December 2017 and started working (NOC A) full time since February 2018. The question is whether I should apply for BC PNP and then apply for PR via the Invitation to Apply or wait for a year and once I have the experience apply for PR via Express Entry or Canadian Experience Class?

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for all the help :)

Last edited:

wongkc987

Sep 19, 2017
I was in similar situation last year fall (But Bachelor Degree for me). At the end, I choose to apply for BC PNP skilled worker first (The slow one, not express entry). I was thinking if I need a year of experience + 6 months for EE, that add up to 18 months for the whole process. While the slower way is about 16 months.

And I am surprised that the paper application is actually faster than I expected (See my timeline below).

Jun 28, 2018
I was in similar situation last year fall (But Bachelor Degree for me). At the end, I choose to apply for BC PNP skilled worker first (The slow one, not express entry). I was thinking if I need a year of experience + 6 months for EE, that add up to 18 months for the whole process. While the slower way is about 16 months.

And I am surprised that the paper application is actually faster than I expected (See my timeline below).
Thanks for the info! Yeah, from what I have been researching, the BC PNP option seems to be a good way to apply for PR. I am going to apply for the Skills Immigration International Post-Graduate category. But the timeline is kind of unclear for this process. Is it that I apply for PNP online first, then they invite me to apply for PR. Can you please give me some more details related to the process, if you have some time? Thank you :)