+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bc Pnp new rules urgent Help..!!

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Can anybody please tell in the updated PNP, in international post gradute category students from private colleges or uni are still eligible? as they were eligible earlier. Because on the site it is written that only public universities but in the program guide private universities are also mentioned..

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP:22-Oct-2013/CIO:11-Apr-2014
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
22-May-2014/Recv'd:30-May-2014
Passport Req..
26-Jan-2015 / DM: 27-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Feb-2015 (PP back 13-Feb-2015)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Bottom of pg 11 at: http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.pdf

Starts with(and has a link to a list of schools through links on top of pg 12);

"Your undergraduate or graduate degree must be from a Canadian post-secondary institution authorized to grant degrees. If the location is in B.C..."

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
kelbc said:
Really? Lol.. How long did you look at the BC PNP website?

Bottom of pg 11 at: http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.pdf

Starts with(and has a link to a list of schools through links on top of pg 12);

"Your undergraduate or graduate degree must be from a Canadian post-secondary institution authorized to grant degrees. If the location is in B.C..."
Thanks for your reply.... but on the website that have written that post secondary education from public institutions... now I am confused... please help

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Loveneet said:
Thanks for your reply.... but on the website that have written that post secondary education from public institutions... now I am confused... please help
Loveneet, at this link: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia/Express-Entry-BC-Requirements/Express-Entry-British-Columbia-International-Gradu.aspx

It says: "If you have graduated from an eligible Canadian, public, post-secondary institution, with an eligible degree"

Then they expand on the PDF document at the link on my previous post. (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.pdf)

On top of that, it says graduated from an eligible Canadian, public, post-secondary institution.

Not; an eligible Canadian, public post-secondary institution.

The comma makes the difference my friend.

In any case, instead of having this discussion, why don't we just check the list of schools and your program. This is a waste of time for you and me if we start discussing. The list of schools and programs is the part that matters not necessarily what they wrote on the website.

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
kelbc said:
Loveneet, at this link: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/Express-Entry-British-Columbia/Express-Entry-BC-Requirements/Express-Entry-British-Columbia-International-Gradu.aspx

It says: "If you have graduated from an eligible Canadian, public, post-secondary institution, with an eligible degree"

Then they expand on the PDF document at the link on my previous post. (http://www.welcomebc.ca/welcome_bc/media/Media-Gallery/docs/pnp/Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.pdf)

On top of that, it says graduated from an eligible Canadian, public, post-secondary institution.

Not; an eligible Canadian, public post-secondary institution.

The comma makes the difference my friend.

In any case, instead of having this discussion, why don't we just check the list of schools and your program. This is a waste of time for you and me if we start discussing. The list of schools and programs is the part that matters not necessarily what they wrote on the website.
Institution - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT vancouver)
Program - Masters of science in information network and computer security (Ms-Incs)

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Loveneet said:
Institution - New York Institute of Technology (NYIT vancouver)
Program - Masters of science in information network and computer security (Ms-Incs)
Loveneet, your program and institution are valid. You can see at: http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/privatepsed/institutions.htm#private (scroll down to find NYIT and your program under "Approved Programs")

Make note that if you were going for International Graduate stream, Private Institutions would be ineligible. You can seen top of pg 12 on that document I previously linked to(written in bold). But because you are going through International POST-graduate stream, any post-secondary institution is eligible(bottom of pg 13 on that same document from BCPNP) given it is an authorized degree granting institution as per the www.aved.gov.bc.ca website linked above.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So according to new rules, all applicants in Metro Vancouver must have a job with an hourly rate above $22 ? Doesn't it a little too high for some positions, especially in Skill level B, C and D ?

kelbc

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
11xx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
09-May-2014
Med's Request
09-May-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2015
Alexios07 said:
So according to new rules, all applicants in Metro Vancouver must have a job with an hourly rate above $22 ? Doesn't it a little too high for some positions, especially in Skill level B, C and D ?
No, I wouldn't say it is too high... From what I can see you cannot even apply for BC PNP Express Entry - Skilled Worker stream with a job offer in NOC Skill Level C and D anymore. Only B, A or 0. So with a considerable amount of those jobs $22 is even on the low, entry-level side of the prevalent market rates. Note that the $22 wage restriction is only for employment in Metro Vancouver area.

Loveneet

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
kelbc said:
Loveneet, your program and institution are valid. You can see at: http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/privatepsed/institutions.htm#private (scroll down to find NYIT and your program under "Approved Programs")

Make note that if you were going for International Graduate stream, Private Institutions would be ineligible. You can seen top of pg 12 on that document I previously linked to(written in bold). But because you are going through International POST-graduate stream, any post-secondary institution is eligible(bottom of pg 13 on that same document from BCPNP) given it is an authorized degree granting institution as per the www.aved.gov.bc.ca website linked above.

Today I received reply from the PNP officials stating-

To be eligible to apply under the International Post Graduate category, you must have graduated from an eligible B.C. public, post-secondary institution, with an eligible master’s or doctoral (PhD) degree within the past two years. Private post-secondary institutions are not eligible.

Now i have sent them mail asking about what is written in program guide.. The new PNP rules are very confusing..

Stvan

Mar 16, 2015
The 200 cap for low skilled and semi skilled has been reached. My friend registered last night and today when she log in back she can no longer continue... Can anyone advice what is the alternate route for her to become pr.

happy Canada 2015

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
12 May 2016
Hi so what about the BC Exp. Entry application, will they accept new files?

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loveneet said:
Today I received reply from the PNP officials stating-

To be eligible to apply under the International Post Graduate category, you must have graduated from an eligible B.C. public, post-secondary institution, with an eligible master's or doctoral (PhD) degree within the past two years. Private post-secondary institutions are not eligible.

Now i have sent them mail asking about what is written in program guide.. The new PNP rules are very confusing..
why it is confusing, it is clearly stated that international graduate need to be from public college or university according to new handbook from BC PNP.

preet93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
benzylamine said:
why it is confusing, it is clearly stated that international graduate need to be from public college or university according to new handbook from BC PNP.
Hi Guys,
I just one questions. According to new rules the $22 job rule is for skilled category right? not for BC PNP EE right? I shall be very thankful if some one can clear my confusion. Thanks

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
His question may be related to students graduated from outside BC. You can apply BC PNP even if graduated from other province

benzylamine

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
His question may be related to students graduated from outside BC. You can apply BC PNP even if graduated from other province
BC PNP do not care which province you are graduated from, just care the work location.