+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP is taking way too long

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
Hi all,

Just want to give you an update on my current situation, I applied for BC-PNP on April 28th, I received my AOR on May 29th. It's been 16 weeks already, and I still haven't received any update on my application.

I called these guys on August 9th and they told me that the application processing time has now increased from 16 weeks to 5 months, which is completely unacceptable from govt. of BC. For them it's easy to extend the application deadline whenever they want to because I think there is no regulatory body that sees their operations. If you(BC-PNP) guys can't do the only job that you have, why not hire more people?! OR, if you are doing this on purpose, just so that a person goes out of status and then he would have to leave the country anyway, then just give a NO! right away, please stop beating around the bush and ruin a person's settled life.

I am sorry to vent guys, but I am just sick and tired of this kind of life, where your life depends on someone else's decision, and not on your good education, it sucks to be an immigrant.
I want to do interesting things in life from the knowledge I have and thereby helping the human-society, as I love what I do! And, no matter where I am I will continue to do so!! I don't want to chase immigration lawyers, departments and govt all my life.

I have a well settled job here and I work as a Project Manager in IT field and my work-permit will expire in a week from now.

Sick and tired of the system!!

Endlescc

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
16 weeks is 4 months and 5 months is 20 weeks.

You are lucky to only get delayed for 4 weeks because when it goes to CIC federal I have seen some people got delayed for months, not week.

lbdz

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I know the feeling...

I am in the same situation, applied 1 week earlier and my WH expiring in less than 1 month. This is the 2nd time this year that they (government) "change the rules" when Im close to get a new wp.

On February applied to the Young professionals to continue here after my Working holiday, and 24h or so before opening the application process they came out with a new requirement saying that you must wait 3 months since your 1st work permit expires before you can apply for a 2nd one...

Now for the PNP they change to 5-6 months when I was just 1-2 weeks away... ::)

What's next? Probably this delay is because they went to the beach ^^

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
In a similar situation but have 6 weeks left still.

What do you think you will do? Are you going to change to visitor visa while waiting for nomination then once it comes through get new work permit with support letter and then get your job back, if your company is ok with waiting for your nomination to come through.

Other option i have considered is getting company to get LMIA for TFW permit on the 10 business day turn around which is available if job if high skilled or top 10% pay ( In BC above 41ish dollars) or is for a less than 120day.

zoenick

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
http://www.canadianimmigration.net/canada-work-permit/labor-market-opinion-canada.html

info on 10day lmia

lbdz

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Thanks for the information about LMIA.

Im planning to do the first option you mentioned. Change to visitor visa and just wait for support letter and apply for wp. Even if it goes up to 6 months that would be about 1 month not working. My employer is ok with that. The problem would be if it went longer than that...

The other option is too much bothering and the employer would have to pay 1100$ and lots of paperwork just for 1 month (I guess). Maybe pay also for advertisement on job posting websites.

Anyhow, I'm going to wait 10-14 days before doing anything. (starting 19 week now)

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
harsh44 said:
Hi all,

Just want to give you an update on my current situation, I applied for BC-PNP on April 28th, I received my AOR on May 29th. It's been 16 weeks already, and I still haven't received any update on my application.

I called these guys on August 9th and they told me that the application processing time has now increased from 16 weeks to 5 months, which is completely unacceptable from govt. of BC. For them it's easy to extend the application deadline whenever they want to because I think there is no regulatory body that sees their operations. If you(BC-PNP) guys can't do the only job that you have, why not hire more people?! OR, if you are doing this on purpose, just so that a person goes out of status and then he would have to leave the country anyway, then just give a NO! right away, please stop beating around the bush and ruin a person's settled life.

I am sorry to vent guys, but I am just sick and tired of this kind of life, where your life depends on someone else's decision, and not on your good education, it sucks to be an immigrant.
I want to do interesting things in life from the knowledge I have and thereby helping the human-society, as I love what I do! And, no matter where I am I will continue to do so!! I don't want to chase immigration lawyers, departments and govt all my life.

I have a well settled job here and I work as a Project Manager in IT field and my work-permit will expire in a week from now.

Sick and tired of the system!!

BC PNP is still better than ON PNP! My ON PNP application process was infuriating. My file was created Mar 2013, they requested for additional documents in Jul 2013 (even though I did submit them in Apr 2013, they apparently lost the documents I submitted). When my application was deemed complete in Aug 2013, they reached their nomination limit for the year and I only got my nomination end Feb 2014. A total of close to a year to receive nomination when their service standards strive for 3 months processing time. What is additionally frustrating is after the lengthy nomination processing time and the exorbitant $1500 fee, CIC is having some form of additional scrutiny for ON PNP PR applicants, thus delaying our PR application processing time!

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
traxton said:
BC PNP is still better than ON PNP! My ON PNP application process was infuriating. My file was created Mar 2013, they requested for additional documents in Jul 2013 (even though I did submit them in Apr 2013, they apparently lost the documents I submitted). When my application was deemed complete in Aug 2013, they reached their nomination limit for the year and I only got my nomination end Feb 2014. A total of close to a year to receive nomination when their service standards strive for 3 months processing time. What is additionally frustrating is after the lengthy nomination processing time and the exorbitant $1500 fee, CIC is having some form of additional scrutiny for ON PNP PR applicants, thus delaying our PR application processing time!
You can't say one PNP is better and the other one is the worst!!
I still haven't received my papers(my approval) who knows I end up experiencing the same thing you experienced?! Grass is always greener on the other side my friend, we all are in the same boat. We all think that our case is the most worse of them all, the reality is, it sucks to be an immigrant!
I don't care what other thinks about this, but in my dictionary Immigration is the worst form of racism! And, I am not going to change this opinion even if I get my papers, it is what it is.

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
harsh44 said:
You can't say one PNP is better and the other one is the worst!!
I still haven't received my papers(my approval) who knows I end up experiencing the same thing you experienced?! Grass is always greener on the other side my friend, we all are in the same boat. We all think that our case is the most worse of them all, the reality is, it sucks to be an immigrant!
I don't care what other thinks about this, but in my dictionary Immigration is the worst form of racism! And, I am not going to change this opinion even if I get my papers, it is what it is.
Hey bro, We can see your frustration and want to tell you that waiting is the only solution. You can't do anything about it. Immigrant is the worst form of racism? If you have gotten your papers in 3 months then you must not said the same words. These immigration processes always check your patience. Canadian immigration is better then any other country's immigration where they care for you in a way. Just calm down bro and let everything on god. Everything will be fine :) :D :D :D

LucaDI

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 30th 2014
AOR Received.
June 3rd 2014
zoenick said:

What do you think you will do? Are you going to change to visitor visa while waiting for nomination then once it comes through get new work permit with support letter and then get your job back, if your company is ok with waiting for your nomination to come through.

Other option i have considered is getting company to get LMIA for TFW permit on the 10 business day turn around which is available if job if high skilled or top 10% pay ( In BC above 41ish dollars) or is for a less than 120day.
Did you ever think about going through the implied status process? It'll give you 8 more weeks you can keep working while waiting for the papers...(google implied status...I cannot post links..)

Hope it might help!

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am International student who finished my program in Toronto, Ontario. I am looking to see where I can get a PNP faster and everyone is advising me on to move to BC. Is this true? Obviously any day BC is favorable in terms of the weather too and I just don't mind making the move. I have an IT background with 5 years of work exp back home in India and I did a 1 year study program here in Toronto. So I get a 1 year work permit which is going to be dicy for the PR application.

Cheers!

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
ricky.kaushal said:
Hey bro, We can see your frustration and want to tell you that waiting is the only solution. You can't do anything about it. Immigrant is the worst form of racism? If you have gotten your papers in 3 months then you must not said the same words. These immigration processes always check your patience. Canadian immigration is better then any other country's immigration where they care for you in a way. Just calm down bro and let everything on god. Everything will be fine :) :D :D :D
lol thanks for the good words. By "Immigrantion is the worst form of racism?!" I didn't specifically mean BC PNP or Canadian Immigration, I meant it in a general way, and if we look at it, it's just the same everywhere around the world, immigrants are treated like *censored word*! I would love to see an Immigration reform where only people who can contribute something to the economy of a country AKA people with good education or decent education background will be allowed to enter, I think merit should be the only criteria for these kind of things. Not everyone is specifically looking for that healthcare, welfare etc. It saddens me to see people who can't even speak a word of English are being granted Canadian status & citizenship, but the people with real education background are struggling.

harsh44

Aug 9, 2013
zoenick said:

I am going for the 'implied status' i.e. I am applying for the work-permit without the PNP approval, which will help me in buying some time till I get my approval. If not, I have also applied for the visitor visa in parallel, so that if my work-permit application gets rejected first, I can still stay in Canada but the only trade-off will be that I will not be able to do my current job. I am still not sure on how the Social Insurance Number works, while a person is on implied-status.

lbdz

Star Member
May 26, 2014
What I have read is that the SIN number goes also on "implied status". Everything stays in the same way it was while the work permit.

BUT Im not going for that because people say you cant do it if you are with working holiday... I just dont know. Everybody says something different..

By the way, if you get your status changed to visitor, wouldnt that cancel your implied status? Your status would be visitor. Cant have 2 status :D