+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - Evidence of Recruitment Efforts

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,

I have a closed work permit and work for my employer in BC under LMIA (GTS). Now I want to become a PR and I choose the BC PNP path. What are the requirements of "Evidence of Recruitment Efforts" section in the required documents? There is no clear explanation of this effort in the BC PNP documents. Also, my employer has 5 Full Time Employees (FTEs) including myself (without me it is 4). Is that ok?

Despite the BC PNP path, is there any better path to become a PR? It seems the Canadian Experience Class doesn't work anymore as they stop to invite under that category.

Any help would be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I have a closed work permit and work for my employer in BC under LMIA (GTS). Now I want to become a PR and I choose the BC PNP path. What are the requirements of "Evidence of Recruitment Efforts" section in the required documents? There is no clear explanation of this effort in the BC PNP documents. Also, my employer has 5 Full Time Employees (FTEs) including myself (without me it is 4). Is that ok?

Despite the BC PNP path, is there any better path to become a PR? It seems the Canadian Experience Class doesn't work anymore as they stop to invite under that category.

Any help would be appreciated.
Recruitment efforts is described fairly clearly in the Employer Declaration Form that the employer must fill out and sign. What more do you want to know?

EE draws are open so CEC candidates are being invited every draw you just need a high enough score. CEC only draws were during Covid.

Reactions: simon.s

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Recruitment efforts is described fairly clearly in the Employer Declaration Form that the employer must fill out and sign. What more do you want to know?

EE draws are open so CEC candidates are being invited every draw you just need a high enough score. CEC only draws were during Covid.
Thank you for your response.

Where should the employer advertise? Is 1 month enough? Should they advertise in Job Bank and also other websites?

How can they report their effort?

The CEC draws needed low score. The scores now are really high. Even with a Canadian work experience, I cannot get enough or even near the acceptable score. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong to calculate my score as everyone says it's very easy to get the PR with 1 year of Canadian experience, but to me it's not easy. Now, the lowest acceptable score is near 550. My score is around 440.

And btw, I am a software developer. Does "STEM occupations" round of invitation help me with my low score?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Where should the employer advertise? Is 1 month enough? Should they advertise in Job Bank and also other websites?

The CEC draws needed low score. The scores now are really high. Even with a Canadian work experience, I cannot get enough or even near the acceptable score. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong to calculate my score as everyone says it's very easy to get the PR with 1 year of Canadian experience, but to me it's not easy. Now, the lowest acceptable score is near 550. My score is around 440.

And btw, I am a software developer. Does "STEM occupations" round of invitation help me with my low score?
The last STEM draw cut off was 481.

Make sure you have maxed out your English language test results so that you are achieving the highest score possible. Assumg you are on an open work permit. If so, see if your employer will get an approved LMIA so that you can claim job offer points. Learn French and take the French language test to score more points. This is what many are doing to increase their score and be selected.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

There was just a STEM draw and score was 481. Read the tech guide and see what requirements are if you work for the company now. What is your BC score and is it enough for a nomination? Draws are on the BC website.

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
There was just a STEM draw and score was 481. Read the tech guide and see what requirements are if you work for the company now. What is your BC score and is it enough for a nomination? Draws are on the BC website.

My BC score is 95 and the draw is also around 95. My only concern is the evidence of recruitment efforts as I don't know how to report it on the documents.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018

Not wrong, but you need be young, have Canadian degree (master preferred), 2 years of canadian work experience minimum. at least 1 year of foreign work experience, and CLB 9 to get to 540s

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Not wrong, but you need be young, have Canadian degree (master preferred), 2 years of canadian work experience minimum. at least 1 year of foreign work experience, and CLB 9 to get to 540s
Thank you for your reply. I've mentioned the STEM Occupations (not the General draws) as the scores for STEM are near 480 at the moment. Should I do anything to be registered in the STEM draw? Or, this will be automatic based on my NOC code?