+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - entering BC before work permit received

Hockeymom

Oct 5, 2012
Hi. I have BC PNP acceptance and have sent my application to the London UK office for a work permit. Couple of questions: can I enter BC before my work permit comes through and maybe cross the US/Canadian border by car to have my work permit validated when it does come through ( assuming it's not arrived by the time I fly - 8 weeks after posting my app). And secondly, am I right that my husband can apply for a work permit alongside me without him having a job offer because I have PNP acceptance? Thanks loads

steffi80

Star Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Nomination.....
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
21/01/2013
File Transfer...
22/03/2013
Med's Request
27/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
22/05/2013
LANDED..........
01/07/2013
first congrats to your nomination.

as far as i know you could have gotten the work permit right at the aiport in canada if you're from a visa exempt country.

so they is no problem to enter the country before you receive it from the embassy. then you would be a tourist for the time waiting.

how long did it take to get the approval from bc?

Hockeymom

Oct 5, 2012
Hi thanks for your reply. It was about 12 weeks for PNP approval and they send the acceptance letter and also a letter to send to the London office to say I am a PNP nominee and that the LMO doesn't need to be done. They say the work permit isn't guaranteed but I can't see any problems. The hard part is done. But the London office now say 8-10 weeks which takes me to the wire. I wanted to go at the 8 week point. I have read a couple of things now that I think mean I can "land" at a CIC office. I sent my husband's application for a work permit at the same time and just hope I'm right that he can apply without a job offer simply because I have nominee acceptance. I'm sure yours will be thru soon :)