+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - Employer not providing Employer declaration form, certification of incorporation

newuser01012022

Jan 12, 2022
Hi,
My NOC is 0213 and I am working in BC since past 10 months. I am permanent full time employee at my organization and my Closed Work Permit is valid until Jan 2024. My Express entry profile score is 375, which is very low considering the recent draws. After completing 1 year in Canada I'll be eligible to get a few additional points for job offer and CEC, but my Express entry score is not going to increase significantly. So I decided to explore the BC PNP option.

I am going to get 141 additional points if I get nominated thru BC PNP. So I submitted my BC PNP profile and got Invitation to apply. The BC PNP site lists the following 6 documents from employer. However, my employer refused to provide 1, 2 and 6. I have rest of the documents with me.

Could you please suggest if I should go ahead and submit BC PNP application without the following 3 documents? I understand there are chances of rejection but still want to hear your experience/suggestion. Thank you!

1. Employer Declaration Form --> Employer said they won't provide
  2. Recommendation letter --> Employer said they won't provide
  3. A copy of the signed job offer letter --> HR agreed to provide
  4. Detailed job description --> HR agreed to provide
  5. Company information --> HR agreed to provide
  6. Certificate of Incorporation --> Employer said they won't provide

Best Regards

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,
My NOC is 0213 and I am working in BC since past 10 months. I am permanent full time employee at my organization and my Closed Work Permit is valid until Jan 2024. My Express entry profile score is 375, which is very low considering the recent draws. After completing 1 year in Canada I'll be eligible to get a few additional points for job offer and CEC, but my Express entry score is not going to increase significantly. So I decided to explore the BC PNP option.

I am going to get 141 additional points if I get nominated thru BC PNP. So I submitted my BC PNP profile and got Invitation to apply. The BC PNP site lists the following 6 documents from employer. However, my employer refused to provide 1, 2 and 6. I have rest of the documents with me.

Could you please suggest if I should go ahead and submit BC PNP application without the following 3 documents? I understand there are chances of rejection but still want to hear your experience/suggestion. Thank you!

1. Employer Declaration Form --> Employer said they won't provide
  2. Recommendation letter --> Employer said they won't provide
  3. A copy of the signed job offer letter --> HR agreed to provide
  4. Detailed job description --> HR agreed to provide
  5. Company information --> HR agreed to provide
  6. Certificate of Incorporation --> Employer said they won't provide

Best Regards
I think it should be fine but the way your employer is showing attitude, make sure you give HR's contact details as I am sure they won't reply to immigration queries about your application.
And also after you are done make sure to report the employer.

newuser01012022

Jan 12, 2022
I think it should be fine but the way your employer is showing attitude, make sure you give HR's contact details as I am sure they won't reply to immigration queries about your application.
Hello Taran,
Thank you for your response. My employer supports Green Card applications in US but they don't have any such policy for Canada it seems. I told them that I will bear all costs & fees and just need support from them, but in vain. My employer is a reputed Software services company spread across different geographies with over 120,000 employees world wide. They may not provide support since they don't have a policy laid out for Canada PR.

It's a tricky situation for me. I am already working for my employer in Canada since past 10 months and have permanent full time job valid until 2024. Have done my research and I want to submit my application, but most likely it will all drill down to the visa officer's discretion. The following thread discusses exact thing, with accurate response from the experienced @Naturgrl

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bc-pnp-no-employer-declaration-form.762147/#post-10012253

Do you have any first hand experience about this or have you heard of someone submitting BC PNP application without providing Employer declaration form? I am ready to take a chance if there is at least one such successful case.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello Taran,
Thank you for your response. My employer supports Green Card applications in US but they don't have any such policy for Canada it seems. I told them that I will bear all costs & fees and just need support from them, but in vain. My employer is a reputed Software services company spread across different geographies with over 120,000 employees world wide. They may not provide support since they don't have a policy laid out for Canada PR.

It's a tricky situation for me. I am already working for my employer in Canada since past 10 months and have permanent full time job valid until 2024. Have done my research and I want to submit my application, but most likely it will all drill down to the visa officer's discretion. The following thread discusses exact thing, with accurate response from the experienced @Naturgrl

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/bc-pnp-no-employer-declaration-form.762147/#post-10012253

Do you have any first hand experience about this or have you heard of someone submitting BC PNP application without providing Employer declaration form? I am ready to take a chance if there is at least one such successful case.
No sorry I haven't the first hand experience but I submitted offer letter, job refrence letter and salary slips and got PR. I think you should be fine with them but make sure the employer vouch for you in case IRCC ask for verification.
In case of company this is weird, even in any country they are quite willing to provide paperwork and moreover its one's right to have them bit I can very well understand with some employers. They just try to take advantage of your misery knowing that action will be hardly taken. You are working for them, you do have given them your SIN and bank details, even your address hence proving you are legally in country and not a criminal. These are some people who ruin the reputation. Ask them if they are making you do underworld work

Reactions: newuser01012022

newuser01012022

Jan 12, 2022
No sorry I haven't the first hand experience but I submitted offer letter, job reference letter and salary slips and got PR. I think you should be fine with them but make sure the employer vouch for you in case IRCC ask for verification.
In case of company this is weird, even in any country they are quite willing to provide paperwork and moreover its one's right to have them bit I can very well understand with some employers. They just try to take advantage of your misery knowing that action will be hardly taken. You are working for them, you do have given them your SIN and bank details, even your address hence proving you are legally in country and not a criminal. These are some people who ruin the reputation. Ask them if they are making you do underworld work
Perfect! Your response is encouraging for sure. Yes, my company is going to provide me Employment verification letter that has my salary, position, job duties and HR Contact information. Ideally that should suffice to prove my employment. I am little apprehensive because BC may want to know how much my company contributes to their economy by doing local hiring and hence mandatorily asking for Employer Declaration form.

The exploitation part is 100% true. They don't recognize the time their employee has spent with them doing job duties across geographies. Under the cute name of policy, they just play with employee's emotions and make life miserable.

Thank you so much for your response, much appreciated :)

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
You
Perfect! Your response is encouraging for sure. Yes, my company is going to provide me Employment verification letter that has my salary, position, job duties and HR Contact information. Ideally that should suffice to prove my employment. I am little apprehensive because BC may want to know how much my company contributes to their economy by doing local hiring and hence mandatorily asking for Employer Declaration form.

The exploitation part is 100% true. They don't recognize the time their employee has spent with them doing job duties across geographies. Under the cute name of policy, they just play with employee's emotions and make life miserable.

Thank you so much for your response, much appreciated :)
You are very welcome

newuser01012022

Jan 12, 2022
Maybe provide what BC PNP program you were nominated through that doesn’t require a job offer and employer supporting the nomination.

While we wait for Taran to provide information on the BC PNP program that doesn't require Employer supporting docs, here's a response from BC PNP Support team I got just now: The employer must meet specific requirements to support an individual’s BC PNP application. The onus is on the employer to demonstrate that these requirements are met.

It is clear from this statement that the Employer Declaration Form is mandatory and no application is complete without this document. My employer is one among Top 10 Software Service Provider companies with over 120,000 employees all over world. It's a well known name and most information about the company is available in public domain. However, if the employer is not willing to support my BC PNP application then I don't stand a chance :(

I barely have 375 CRS score at this moment. I'll be eligible to get 40-50 additional points in 2 months when I complete 1 year in Canada. But even with that score it would take minimum 2 years to get my application picked up under EE draw.

I think I am now required to change employer or wait for a couple years to get my EE application picked up for PR processing.

visaseeker786

Aug 31, 2022
Was your PNP application approved, someone told me that Manager can sign these forms.
How can you find another employer when you are in closed WP?

dispatchcrab

Feb 5, 2021
Is the company based in BC?
I am no expert on this but when I got my BC PnP I was pretty sure the company had to be incorporated in BC and have good standing in BC as a company as such if its lets say based abroad but you work remotely but in BC it would not count
Again I am no expert but if they moved you specifically to BC for the role im sure that would be fine

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

daygamer

Star Member
Feb 6, 2023
Hi, I have a question about the company information document. What is the template of this document, and what should be contained in it?