+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP applications after July 2015

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
cic.gc.ca said:
On there website they mentioned that they recieved more application than the quota given by cic. And I am talking about express not the regular skilled paper based nomination. Their quota for express entry filled in august 2015. This is the reson they stopped accpeting applications. Their website also metion that they have 1350 applicatin quota for express and 4150 for regular applications for 2015.

This is on their website." The BC PNP receives an allocation of nominations each year from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. For 2015 this allocation is 5,500 nominations. Of these 5,500 nominations, 1,350 are dedicated to the federal Express Entry priority system.
The BC PNP has received more applications for Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC than it has nominations for 2015."
You do realise that "Skills Immigration" and "Express Entry BC" are separate categories, right? I think your interpretation of what BC PNP said on their site is incorrect. Yes they have received more applications than they have nominations but no doubt that some of those applications will be rejected and I do not believe they have reached the quota of nominations for either category.

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
I didnot say that the application will reject. I said that they will give out nomination in january 2016 when the get quota for next year. Read carefully before you reply.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic.gc.ca said:
I didnot say that the application will reject. I said that they will give out nomination in january 2016 when the get quota for next year. Read carefully before you reply.
Devnill didn't actually indicate that you were saying everyone would be rejected.

He is saying that they will be processing some of the July applications this year and that some of them will be rejected (incomplete, not qualified etc).

I agree, I think that they still have some 2015 nominations to fill. Otherwise, I'm impressed - they would have processed over 1000 applications in under a month from that November update.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I was in the BCPNP office this week, thought some might find this useful.

Firstly, I asked if there was any chance my application would be processed before Xmas (I applied August 21) and he said no, definitely not. He said that the 4-5 mths is an 'estimated' timeline, and that it doesn't necessarily mean they will stick to it. He said it is closer to 5 mths now, give or take 1 mth. I nearly fell off my chair - give or take 1 mth?? So i could be waiting 6 mths? He just shrugged.

Secondly, I asked him if I could accept an ITA for the FSW PR stream while my PNP is being processed, or if it would negatively affect my PNP application (I have recieved an ITA but I need the PNP for the WP support letter). He wouldn't say yes or no, he really had no idea, and just said that it would be at the discretion of the officer to decide if I get PNP when I've already been invited to apply for PR. He actually said "Hmm, that's a good question. I don't know." - awesome.

So basically it was a totally useless visit, and all round bad news for procesing times. good luck all.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Give or take one month. Fabulous.

I would have thought that they would give themselves an extra month on the estimated times so that they avoid the emails and phone calls and visits asking for updates. But government departments don't seem to work that way.

Thanks for the update IrishinVan.

As for your situation, if you accept the ITA your EE profile would be locked and they would not be able to access it and allocate your 600 points and complete the nomination? That would be my thinking, its all so new so who knows. Tricky question, I'm guessing you have asked CIC.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
IrishinVan said:
Hey guys, I was in the BCPNP office this week, thought some might find this useful.

Firstly, I asked if there was any chance my application would be processed before Xmas (I applied August 21) and he said no, definitely not. He said that the 4-5 mths is an 'estimated' timeline, and that it doesn't necessarily mean they will stick to it. He said it is closer to 5 mths now, give or take 1 mth. I nearly fell off my chair - give or take 1 mth?? So i could be waiting 6 mths? He just shrugged.

Secondly, I asked him if I could accept an ITA for the FSW PR stream while my PNP is being processed, or if it would negatively affect my PNP application (I have recieved an ITA but I need the PNP for the WP support letter). He wouldn't say yes or no, he really had no idea, and just said that it would be at the discretion of the officer to decide if I get PNP when I've already been invited to apply for PR. He actually said "Hmm, that's a good question. I don't know." - awesome.

So basically it was a totally useless visit, and all round bad news for procesing times. good luck all.
You might be better off accepting the ITA as you can still get a BOWP with FSW

If a foreign national submits an APR using Express Entry, they may apply for a BOWP if they meet the eligibility requirements. However, a decision on the application will not be made until the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) has assessed the e‑APR for completeness. A BOWP can be issued only if the e‑APR has passed the R10 completeness check.
If you do accept an ITA, then PNP will no longer be able to give you the EE points, not sure if that would completely cancel the application though.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ozlis, Devnill, yeah I thought of all of those things. My EE profile would no longer be active. But if I leave the ITA open, and not accept or decline it, that is what I'm not sure about. My consultant is wary, and said that they could potentially refuse my PNP because I have recieved an invitation, regardless of whether or not I even accept it.

As for the BOWP, i don't qualify because I don't currently have a valid WP, hence the need for the PNP.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
IrishinVan said:
Ozlis, Devnill, yeah I thought of all of those things. My EE profile would no longer be active. But if I leave the ITA open, and not accept or decline it, that is what I'm not sure about. My consultant is wary, and said that they could potentially refuse my PNP because I have recieved an invitation, regardless of whether or not I even accept it.

As for the BOWP, i don't qualify because I don't currently have a valid WP, hence the need for the PNP.
Do you have to do the paper app for the work permit with the PNP support letter or can you go to the border and get it? If you have to do the paper app, then based on current wait times for that and the delay for the nomination, then you would be better off accepting the ITA as you would probably have PR before even getting the work permit.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devnill said:
Do you have to do the paper app for the work permit with the PNP support letter or can you go to the border and get it? If you have to do the paper app, then based on current wait times for that and the delay for the nomination, then you would be better off accepting the ITA as you would probably have PR before even getting the work permit.
I'll be able to go to the border

belladu

Oct 22, 2014
Hi :),

A big big surprise on a Saturday morning and I want to share with everyone here along with me through the whole journey :-*

Timeline

Regular PNP: Dec 2015, 14-87xx
AOR: Jan 8th, 2015
Addendum submitted: Sep 3rd, 2015
Approved today: Dec 12th, 2015

Best best Christmas ever and good luck to everyone!!

Dia87

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Schedule 4 & 4A
Nomination.....
11/12/2015
AOR Received.
12-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-01-2016 passed
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2016
Thank God finally received our PNP on friday december 11th.

File submitted: 23rd December 2014
AOR: 11th January 2015
Addendum : 7th July 2015
PNP rcv: 11th December 2015

reddyyar

Aug 21, 2015
My Cousin Received his PNP last friday. Application submitted Jan 4th 2015. AOR Feb 14th. July 3rd Addendum submitted for express entry. Received 600 points on my cic last saturday after accepting and sending mail to pnp officer.

Adil Sulehri

Nov 1, 2012
Vancouver
Just received email from bc pnp that your nomination has been approved, thanks to Almighty Allah.

Applied on 31 August 2015
BC PNP Express Entry - International Post Graduat.

Thanks and good luck to all.

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
Adil Sulehri said:
Just received email from bc pnp that your nomination has been approved, thanks to Almighty Allah.

Applied on 31 August 2015
BC PNP Express Entry - International Post Graduat.

Thanks and good luck to all.
First of all congratularions!
are you sure you applied on august 31 because there are people applied in july have not heard anything.