17 April
Med's Request
22 May
Passport Req..
Waiitng
Feeling bad for you

i hope you get what you deserves. may god help you in future

Jan 31, 2014
Hi All - New to the forum so was hoping to seek some assistance and guidance.

I am looking to sponsor two cooks who work for my restaurant from last three years. They hold an LMO at the moment and are on a closed work permit. I am looking to sponsor them via the PNP. Could someone answer the following questions for me ?

1. What NOC is cook ? I am getting two different ones when I google them ?
2. Can I sponsor them via BC pnp ?
3. IS is a skilled group A, B ,C or D ?
4. Will my employees need to give IELTS ?
5. Since they have already been working for me - do I need to show that I have been making efforts to recruit ? I mean should I still advertise the position for your weeks.

I am just keen to assist them else they will end up spending $5k to some immigration consultant. Secondly - Since its my business and BC pnp may request my financials , I would be more comfortable dealing with it myself rather then a third person who I may have to expose my profit and loss.

Is there any advice that someone could give me re this ?

Thanks a million. You guys are doing such an amazing job by helping each other.

tee1

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
hospitalitybusiness said:
Hi All - New to the forum so was hoping to seek some assistance and guidance.

I am looking to sponsor two cooks who work for my restaurant from last three years. They hold an LMO at the moment and are on a closed work permit. I am looking to sponsor them via the PNP. Could someone answer the following questions for me ?

1. What NOC is cook ? I am getting two different ones when I google them ?

2. Can I sponsor them via BC pnp ?
Yes

3. IS is a skilled group A, B ,C or D ?
B

4. Will my employees need to give IELTS ?
No only occupations in noc C and D need IELTS

5. Since they have already been working for me - do I need to show that I have been making efforts to recruit ? I mean should I still advertise the position for your weeks.

Not necessarily, You should describe how these guys were recruited, how long the job was open before they were hired etc. Your support letter is the chance to really tell the PNP office why you want to keep your employees e.g We first met John Smith at interview in July 2013, several applicants where interviewed for the position of cook and John was chosen due several years of experience in cooking French cuisine which our restaurant specializes in blar blar. Since that time John has become an essential team member blar blar blar

I am just keen to assist them else they will end up spending $5k to some immigration consultant. Secondly - Since its my business and BC pnp may request my financials , I would be more comfortable dealing with it myself rather then a third person who I may have to expose my profit and loss.

Is there any advice that someone could give me re this ?

Thanks a million. You guys are doing such an amazing job by helping each other.
Have you read the BC PNP website? It pretty much has all the information you need.
Good luck, the application is pretty straight forward

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
hi guys..

i know ..rejection is very painful..and i m cried all day when i heard about my rejection.....

guys plz answer my some question............

1..is it ok to go from high job to low ? my first job was food service superviser..now i am thinking to apply under food counter attendent under ELSS. bcoz another employer gives me a job for full time .

2..will previous rejection effect my new case?

Knada

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Somewhere in North America
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jITcorp said:
Timeline
Sent Application through Post: 19 September 2013
Application Received by BCPNP Office: 23 September 2013
File Number Received: 25 October 2013
File process started: 3 January 2014
Result received: 30 January 2014
Result: Rejection

So after 19 weeks of final processing time, they rejected my application
Because employer made mistake in my payroll
One advise to everyone for filing your PNP application or any immigration thing
There is nothing hard in filling these PNP or PR forms. So actually you don't need a lawyer for your papers.

I applied through a lawyer, he is ICCRC licensed lawyer. Below are few facts you all people should read carefully. And, I wish you will forward it to other hopeful immigrants.

1: My work permit expired on 30 October 2013 and my lawyer told me that I am legally eligible to work in Canada to upto 90 days after my status expires. It is called implied status.

Correction: He was wrong and below mentioned link says so.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=192&t=17

Also, he never knew that I can apply for work permit restoration on basis on my BC PNP file number. Because, he never knew this.

2: I paid $3000 to my lawyer (in cash) to find an employer for me. The employer <b>committed</b> me a lot of things. I was supposed to pay him $5000 more for this application once I get PNP.
Like:
He will give me a pay stub of $16.75/hr, because I have family of 3 so I need at least that much
He will give me at least 53 hours a week and will pay for 37 hours so he can adjust the tax amount

Now I got the rejection because:
Employer made mistake in pay stub and always made pay with $16.00
During my 4 months of tenure with the employer for only 2 months I worked

So the PNP advisor said in rejection letter that I don't meet the minimum income criteria. Because I don't have enough pay and I didn't get enough hours during past 4 months.

So Conclusion:
They don't know what are the immigration law (doesn't matter they are licensed or just a beginner) + they don't follow what they commit. We are just cheap labor who are committed to work hard for them. Our status is the least thing they are worried about. Believe me I've been cheated by a dumb lawyer because my dreams made me blind. So, please don't repeat my mistakes to ruin your immigration dream. All this lawyers will charge you in cash only. So, you won't be able to make a case against them ever. You will never get your money back. They don't have any responsibilities, knowledge, fear or even care about you.

I'm moving back to India and will my find my way there. But, I don't wish anybody else will face the situation like me. So, don't trust these lawyers. See my case, my lawyer is ICCRC member.
True brother, but who cares? people are crazy to go to any level to get PNP. Sometimes they are forced by employer bcz they ill get their share under the table. And some times they trapped us simply . you have two choices pay him or forget about PNP.
My friend was forced to go through Lair (Lawyer) and my friend has family of two, but the freakin lair didnt even know about income criteria. after lot of problems he afford $3000 to pay him upfront , rest is later on. But when i seen couple of mistakes in his forms and we spoke to that Pig , he simply told me that he is Pro and know about what hes doing. I feel so sorry of my dear friend , he working hard ass to impress his employer for just may b he ill wont take his share :(. But he doesntt know whats gonna come down.. after long wait he ill get rejection (what i dont even want to think about it)
so the point is Students/worker/Trv visa people are looted by these people. we give them our all earnings and we cant do anything against them bcz just we are not permanent residents? Are not we Human? we do have dreams and when dream breaks ......i know how we felt :-\
there are lots of people who does not even eat good food bcz they are savings money to give employer or Lair.. But if there is any God out there...i hope he ill give the true Judgments ...

Knada

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovykaler said:
hi guys..

i know ..rejection is very painful..and i m cried all day when i heard about my rejection.....

guys plz answer my some question............

1..is it ok to go from high job to low ? my first job was food service superviser..now i am thinking to apply under food counter attendent under ELSS. bcoz another employer gives me a job for full time .

2..will previous rejection effect my new case?
How long u been on Supervisor Position? If your wage was arroung $11-$ 14 i think you ill be fine but i ill suggest you to find same job with same Position with different employer. There is no guarantee about rejection bcz its completely depends on Officer that what he thinks about your job ,experience and study.
first of all try to figure out your previous mistakes i mean what reason he gave you.

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
I worked for 6 months with this job....

I cant solve my previous rejection boz rejection is that my course of study is not eligible.

So plz tell me what should i do

Knada

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i recently got rejection under international graduate stream of bc pnp. they gave reason;
"you spent more than one quarter of program time in co;op internship
As i can see your previous post , i think the problem is under graduate system . i don't think you was eligible under Graduate stream bcz If you have a diploma, it must be from a public post-secondary institution in Canada. Private institutions are not eligible. Your program must have been at least 12 months of full-time equivalent study. Your program of study is not eligible if you spent more than one-quarter of the program time in a co-op work term or internship. Thats pretty clear on BC PNP.
Before starting you should shout on BC PNP and ask them if there is any technically problems. and on the later stage when u ill apply pnp 9 moths , dont forget to include a cover letter, and tell them u were not aware about international graduate stream so thats why u step back n joined a Entry level job.
i think co-ops are usually in computer field you could better look a job in your study field , first it ill make your case more strong and u got already a co-op so no experience problem. suppose if you do not get PNP then u can go through Federal route after one year. still they ill take at least 11 months to give you file number. but make shure your job must fall under NOC A,B.

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
Yes ...i called bcpnp office a 15 min ago...and i clearly told my total case to the lady on phn. She told me that you can apply under ELSS if u meet the requirement and ur previous rejection will not affect ur new case bcoz ELSS is diffrent stream.

The lady also tell me that Bcpnp does not hold ur previous rejection. If you meet the requirement of ELSS. You will get pnp for sure.

I am very happy with her way of explaining ...she is very helpfull.
If you guys have any more information abt this ...plz share...its really helpfull for me.

Youngarm

Oct 14, 2013
I totally agree with Jicorp..... Lawyers are terrible.... They care less, it's all about the money for them. .. I thank you for your bravery, you came back to leave a feedback which many will find very helpful. I like to encourage everyone ....don't come here to take away only ....feedbacks goes a long way...they are morsels of great counsel. Jicorp I hope you find the best option ....it's truly sad ....cux if u were well guided u won't have fallen into this immigration mess.... Don't pay the lawyer one penny of the balance! Dust it off....cheer up return to india and plan again, there are always different ways of coming into canada ....keep knocking don't give up! This also applies to anyone who started this thread together, and got rejected, it's been a journey together but don't Give up.....

lovykaler

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-03-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015 pass
Passport Req..
09-07-2015
hi dear....
i hope you are well....

plz tell me .....

how much minimum work experience required for bcpnp skilled worker category? 1 year or 2 year....

Surrey100

Oct 8, 2013
Yellowknife, NT, CA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydeny
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28 September, 2016
AOR Received.
28 December, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront done on 3 October, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront done on 3 October, 2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Guys need help today my employer has send the documents that were asked by the officer. Can you please help me by knowing that how much time the officer will take to take a decision and by what time i will recieve the mail

stimitak

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
jITcorp said:
Also, he never knew that I can apply for work permit restoration on basis on my BC PNP file number. Because, he never knew this.
WHere is this mentioned? I thought we can apply for a work permit only once the PNP letter is received.

jITcorp

Dec 16, 2013
Sorry for replying so late

I'm in India now and you can understand my situation for internet access. It is too slow here.

You can apply work permit if you have applied for PNP. You can check this fact on CIC website, under work permit tab. My internet connection is toooooo slow, so it was near to impossible to find this. It will be helpful, if somebody will find this link and post it under this thread. But the CIC website says that, you can apply for work permit if you have LMO, PNP or applied for PNP, applied for PR......

Thank you and best of luck to all.

liljinx01ph

Mar 21, 2013
You can definitely apply for a work permit once you are nominated. Just include your work permit support letter in your application. If you are lucky, you can actually do this at the port of entry.