+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP and Express Entry

Grug

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Good evening all,

I have just been offered a job and registered for BC PNP skilled worker last night. I have been building up my express entry profile over the past couple of months, but am just waiting on my ECA to come back from WES before I can finally make it over 67 points and submit. This may still be over 35 business days away, so I have just settled for the federal PNP and not EEBC, so I can at least get the temporary work permit and start working.

Just to confirm my reading of the above, once I do pass the grade for Express Entry, I can upgrade my PNP to EEBC and get the 600 points by paying the fee, however what will be the impact on timelines? If I do this before getting a nomination will I have to wait for an invitation again and the 2-3 month processing time be reset? If I do it after getting a nomination and work permit support letter, will there be a threat to my work permit if I change lanes?

My primary focus is obtain a work permit as early possible, but I would prefer to shorten the overall PR process as well.

Thanks much for your continued help.

Cheers,
Grug