+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC Pilot Tech PNP * information *

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I’ve read everything about the tech pilot pnp on BC website so please don’t post the link.
I’m trying to get information from anyone that had experience.
How do you apply?
Do you need LMIA or any job offer will do?
Do you need to apply VIA express entry?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

milly_m

Mar 4, 2018
Hiya, my husband and I have just gone through this process. It is exactly the same as the regular BC PNP process, except the nomination is processed quicker, and my understanding is you don't always require an LMIA. We went for the Express Entry PR as it is quicker and we met the criteria - we just checked that we met minimum criteria for both the BC PNP and EE before we applied. If i remember rightly we had to apply for EE first, then submit the PNP application with our EE registration/application number. It took 4 days to get the invitation to apply for the PNP after submitting the initial application, and then it was processed within I believe 2 weeks giving us our official nomination to apply for PR. We were then invited to apply for PR at the next round of invites.

My husband's employer did not need to fill out an LMIA but he did require a form/letter from them outlining that they had tried to recruit in Canada and hadn't been able to.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hiya, my husband and I have just gone through this process. It is exactly the same as the regular BC PNP process, except the nomination is processed quicker, and my understanding is you don't always require an LMIA. We went for the Express Entry PR as it is quicker and we met the criteria - we just checked that we met minimum criteria for both the BC PNP and EE before we applied. If i remember rightly we had to apply for EE first, then submit the PNP application with our EE registration/application number. It took 4 days to get the invitation to apply for the PNP after submitting the initial application, and then it was processed within I believe 2 weeks giving us our official nomination to apply for PR. We were then invited to apply for PR at the next round of invites.

My husband's employer did not need to fill out an LMIA but he did require a form/letter from them outlining that they had tried to recruit in Canada and hadn't been able to.
Hello,
Thank you for the info and
Congratulations .
Another quick question though, can you tell us what was your CRS score and the pilot tech SIRS score ?

Our score on the tech pilot is 100 which I’m not sure what it means.

milly_m

Mar 4, 2018
The minimum score for express entry skilled worker is 80, which is what the tech pilot draws from (or the paper based one, but the minimum score is the same). I think my husband scored around 115-120 which was well over the minimum but not at the 'guaranteed invitation' score of 135. I assume however that as they are actively recruiting for the tech pilot as long as you are over the minimum you have a good chance of being invited.

I'm not sure what the SIRS is?

EDIT: sorry just figure out that the SIRS is the skilled immigration score which is what I'm talking about above and the CRS is the federal EE one right? I think our CRS was about 390 so we were not likely to get a PR invite on that basis, but you get 600 points for being nominated by a province so that shoots you straight to the top of the list basically!

Reactions: Zigzag85

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Perfect.
You just made my day.
Thanks for reply with the information, it’s going to help us out big time.
Congratulations again and have a wonder Day.

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Hi All,

I have queries regarding BC Tech Pilot PNP Program. I am from IT background having 5+ years of experience. My CRS is 374 currently. I am looking on BC Tech PNP program to migrate in BC.
  • One of my known runs his own business but not IT related. Can he invite me their with the position of software engineer. The case is, he want to automate his business, building web site etc.
  • Will he need LIMA for that.
  • If he starts the process then how much time will it take?
  • What are the IELTS requirements?

Thanks

goldykhurmi

Jul 27, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2019
What is IELTS requirement for NOC 2174 Tech Pilot program?

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
What is IELTS requirement for NOC 2174 Tech Pilot program?
Hi @goldykhurmi

I found this info here: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/BC-PNP-Tech-Pilot

"BC PNP Tech Pilot process
Please note that the BC PNP Tech Pilot is not a separate BC PNP stream or category. Applicants need to apply to the BC PNP under one of the existing categories and ensure they meet the general and category requirements."

Go to the general requirements here: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Express-Entry-B-C

Language requirements are basically what the Federal Skilled Worker Stream states: above CLB 7 for each language competency, see here: https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Express-Entry-B-C/Express-Entry-B-C-FAQ#anchor2 and here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements.html

May 25, 2019
hi
I am in India working for MNC whose subsidiary is in Canada. I support canada business. I am having a verbal offer from my canadian manager. I would like to go for BC PNP tech pilot program. Is it possible to go though this program. what will be the hurdles for me. can you please explain.