+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bc Health Care

Jama1991

Dec 3, 2020
Hi, I have a questions here. I hope somebody can give me answers. I am pregnant right now and I just got my work permit 2 months ago. I already renew may expired msp since I lost my status last May 2020. I need to wait for 3 months period to have msp coverage to kick in, which is on January 1st 2021. May due date is on March 22, 2021 luckily I already have health care coverage. May question is I’m a TFW with work permit how much will I pay for birth delivery. Will the msp cover the expenses or not. Because right now I’m paying for all my laboratories and doctor appointments. Thanks for the answer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a questions here. I hope somebody can give me answers. I am pregnant right now and I just got my work permit 2 months ago. I already renew may expired msp since I lost my status last May 2020. I need to wait for 3 months period to have msp coverage to kick in, which is on January 1st 2021. May due date is on March 22, 2021 luckily I already have health care coverage. May question is I’m a TFW with work permit how much will I pay for birth delivery. Will the msp cover the expenses or not. Because right now I’m paying for all my laboratories and doctor appointments. Thanks for the answer.
Yes MSP will cover labour and delivery costs. Not sure you have to show that you are working.

Jama1991

Dec 3, 2020
Really . I’m hoping for that I’ve been searching for answers. I’ve been struggling financially since I need to shoulder all medical expenses for my pregnancy and immigration status as well. I really hope it is covered. I’m currently working now so it’s not gonna be a problem and I’ve been employed from May 2019- May 2020. I just lost my status for 5 months due to covid. Good thing I’ve got employed right away and was able to bring back my status. Thank you for your reply.