+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Basic Question about Paper-based applications

maple_syrup2021

May 25, 2020
Hi
I see people apply for PR both ways online and paper-based, with paper-based being very very slow.

I don't mind long process (up to 24 months), Outland applicant but my question is:

- Do I need to be nominated by a province in order to apply for PR paper-based???
- What is the process to apply for Ontario paper-based?
- Is the selection criteria for Ontario applicants to be selected in paper-based stream very hard??

Please advise.

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi
I see people apply for PR both ways online and paper-based, with paper-based being very very slow.

I don't mind long process (up to 24 months), Outland applicant but my question is:

- Do I need to be nominated by a province in order to apply for PR paper-based???
- What is the process to apply for Ontario paper-based?
- Is the selection criteria for Ontario applicants to be selected in paper-based stream very hard??

Please advise.
If you are nominated through provincial express entry you can apply online, otherwise you have to apply paper based...

thanks

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
Of course yes, you must get a nomination from the particular province or territory of Canada where you want to apply for permanent residence. No matter, whether it is an online process or a paper based process. Once you have been nominated, you can submit your visa application for permanent residence. As far as Ontario PNP is concerned, it follows online system not a paper based. Hence, you are suggested to apply in any of streams where you can meet all the eligibility requirements. To begin with, you must score a minimum 67 points out of 100 and must have a valid Express Entry profile for getting provincial nomination.
Good Luck!