22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am sponsoring my wife who resides in India. She was born in the middle east & her birth certificate issued there has a spelling mistake. I tried correcting her birth certificate but I was informed that rectification of name in the birth certificate might take years.

In the document checklist, it is specified that birth or baptism certificates should be submitted. Does this mean that I can submit only the baptism certificate which contains the correct spelling of her name.

I don't want to complicate matters by submitting the birth certificate with her name spelled wrong.

Please advise.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am sponsoring my wife who resides in India. She was born in the middle east & her birth certificate issued there has a spelling mistake. I tried correcting her birth certificate but I was informed that rectification of name in the birth certificate might take years.

In the document checklist, it is specified that birth or baptism certificates should be submitted. Does this mean that I can submit only the baptism certificate which contains the correct spelling of her name.

I don't want to complicate matters by submitting the birth certificate with her name spelled wrong.

Please advise.
Refer......Spousal Sponsorship Checklist........

Birth certificates OR baptismal certificates for yourself (and all your dependents, if applicable – whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not).

YES.......you can submit only the baptism certificate which contains the correct spelling of her name......you are required to submit either.

Reactions: vishalv

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Refer......Spousal Sponsorship Checklist........

Birth certificates OR baptismal certificates for yourself (and all your dependents, if applicable – whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not).

YES.......you can submit only the baptism certificate which contains the correct spelling of her name......you are required to submit either.
Thanks for the info Wakki. I am currently preparing the sponsorship application & will submit only the baptism certificate. Thanks once again.

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Hello all,

Please advise.
Yes, you can submit baptism certificate but make sure to check country specific requirements if it ask for voter ID or school certificate as well. Hope it helps.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Yes, you can submit baptism certificate but make sure to check country specific requirements if it ask for voter ID or school certificate as well. Hope it helps.
I checked the country specific requirements for India. She doesnt have voter ID or school certificate as she grew up in the middle east.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I checked the country specific requirements for India. She doesnt have voter ID or school certificate as she grew up in the middle east.
You are okay to submit only the Baptismal certificate.......voter ID or school certificate is not mandatory if you submit baptism certificate.

voter ID or school certificate is only required to be include in your application if your submitted a Birth Certificate issued in India that was registered late (i.e., if your birth certificate was registered long after your birth)........refer below.......

India – Instruction(s) for documents
  • Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.

Reactions: vishalv

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
You are okay to submit only the Baptismal certificate.......voter ID or school certificate is not mandatory if you submit baptism certificate.

voter ID or school certificate is only required to be include in your application if your submitted a Birth Certificate issued in India that was registered late (i.e., if your birth certificate was registered long after your birth)........refer below.......

• Birth certificates issued in this country: If a birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original documents establishing identity such as:
    • Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation/secondary school certificate), and
    • Voter's ID card.
This sets my mind at ease. I will include only the original baptism certificate in my application. Thanks so much for your effort. Appreciate it.

luckbymyside

Star Member
May 31, 2013
Perfect, thanks for clarifying

• Voter's ID card.
Good luck and our PA's VO is also NDVO and application delivered today.
This sets my mind at ease. I will include only the original baptism certificate in my application. Thanks so much for your effort. Appreciate it.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Perfect, thanks for clarifying

Good luck and our PA's VO is also NDVO and application delivered today.
Thank you. We will need luck & patience through this long process.