NoelPillay

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
4021, 2282
Okay, but please double check within the forum or elsewhere whether Fixed Deposits will be accepted as a form of PoF. I have always read mixed reviews about it.
IRCC clearly speaks of an amount that will be readily available when in Canada and whilst still on the EE application.liquid cash in the bank

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

aspirantEE

Mar 31, 2018
I have a salary account which reflects the money I get paid every month by employer. This account is in Bangalore, India

I have another account where I push money almost every month for the savings purposes. It is this account which have the needed funds (CAD 12500/-). This account is in Hyderabad, India.

So,

1. I need to get 6-month statements from both the Banks (signed and stamped), is it? Please let me know.
2. Will there be issues that I have bank accounts in a different location than where I stay? (I stay in B'lore now from last 2 years).
3. Is creating a Fixed Deposit a safer option? Shall I create the FD the day I get the ITA or we should get it done earlier?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Arya

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I have a salary account which reflects the money I get paid every month by employer. This account is in Bangalore, India

I have another account where I push money almost every month for the savings purposes. It is this account which have the needed funds (CAD 12500/-). This account is in Hyderabad, India.

So,

1. I need to get 6-month statements from both the Banks (signed and stamped), is it? Please let me know.
2. Will there be issues that I have bank accounts in a different location than where I stay? (I stay in B'lore now from last 2 years).
3. Is creating a Fixed Deposit a safer option? Shall I create the FD the day I get the ITA or we should get it done earlier?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Arya
Let me try to reply to your queries...
- if you can get it along with the bank letter it will only make your application stronger
- in this day and age of global banking I don’t think the officer is really worried about that unless you are in India and your bank is in Afghanistan :D. Another one e.g. there are so many expats in the Middle East, many of them having overseas accounts in there home country where they end up sending their savings.
So in short it will not be an issue at all, make sure your details are complete and accurate
- IRCC/CIC case officer needs to see liquidated cash in your bank account. I have always heard mixed reviews about FDs , being accepted in certain cases and other it is not...so my advise will be to keep it liquid, you may wanna put it/keep it in your savings account instead.

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
IRCC clearly speaks of an amount that will be readily available when in Canada and whilst still on the EE application.liquid cash in the bank
Everyone has there own opinion... below you will see the view from a consultants. My own personal opinion however remains liquid cash in either your/joint account current and or saving is the best...

armenaz777

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
How about if my statement shows the last 6 months transactions in one line (debit-credit) and not details of all transactions? Still valid?

Raju4Can

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Guys I have one concern. My agent only uploaded the balance certificate with the latest date only.No bank statements nothing.He said that it is sufficient for now.My concern is that it does not have the account opening date(though it is a very old account more than 10 years) and it is also does not show 6 months statements.It just mentions the below thing

“The balance outstanding as on date 7th january 2020 is below:-

It mentions account number, balance name , saving account .etc”

So do i need to be concerned for this.My agent do have taken the stamped bank statements but did not uploaded it he said if they want it they will request for it.

Also the balance certificate is on bank letter head dully signed and stamped.

Apr 19, 2020
Guys I have one concern. My agent only uploaded the balance certificate with the latest date only.No bank statements nothing.He said that it is sufficient for now.My concern is that it does not have the account opening date(though it is a very old account more than 10 years) and it is also does not show 6 months statements.It just mentions the below thing

“The balance outstanding as on date 7th january 2020 is below:-

It mentions account number, balance name , saving account .etc”

So do i need to be concerned for this.My agent do have taken the stamped bank statements but did not uploaded it he said if they want it they will request for it.

Also the balance certificate is on bank letter head dully signed and stamped.
Hi! Got the same problem. How were you able to resolve yours?

Apr 19, 2020
No, I only uploaded bank cert as per advise of the agency . What do I need to do, do I need to submit bank statements in the Web Form and LOE why it is submitted late?

Apr 19, 2020
did they sent to you to acquire about the pof or that they need any more papers?
Not yet. But my bank certificate also had no average monthly balance indicated. It simply indicates the current account and the balance. I dont know if I should upload the bank statements through the Webform or just wait for their advise.

Ferawan12

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Question. Would it be fine if I have two different bank account that has the total value of money that they require to make 2 proofs of funds? so basically 2 proofs of funds. Please Help! Thank you