+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statements in pof

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Is it mandatory to upload past 6 months statement in
Not mandatory as such, but no harm if you wanna case officer to see that you were getting your salary etc monthly etc, and your account is in good standing... if you are not comfortable, i would suggest you to get a letter from the bank

Reactions: lgcaliboso

lgcaliboso

Jun 17, 2018
In my part, I didn't submit a statement which shows past transactions. I only submitted a Bank Certificate as a proof that I have an existing account on a bank.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
In my part, I didn't submit a statement which shows past transactions. I only submitted a Bank Certificate as a proof that I have an existing account on a bank.
It should be OK, if the case officer requires additional docs, he may ask you for it...
I only submitted 6 months bank statement and no letter from the bank...

Reactions: lgcaliboso

Sid1908

Jun 6, 2018
Not mandatory as such, but no harm if you wanna case officer to see that you were getting your salary etc monthly etc, and your account is in good standing... if you are not comfortable, i would suggest you to get a letter from the bank
If we get a letter from bank with all the points mentioned as required by cic then i dont have to submit my bank statements

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
If we get a letter from bank with all the points mentioned as required by cic then i dont have to submit my bank statements
Yes, unless the case officer request additional bank statement during the processing of your application...at times they do at times they dont...

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Guys the requirements for the POF document(s) is very clear from IRCC...try to fulfill as much as possible...bank letter should indicate average balance for 6 months so if not possible then add a statement...

Sid1908

Jun 6, 2018
Yes, unless the case officer request additional bank statement during the processing of your application...at times they do at times they dont...
As i am doing all by myself can you please tell as i upload all the docs and make the payment within 90 days of recieving ita...the cic will contact us in case they are nt satisfied with documents or they will straight away reject the application

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
As i am doing all by myself can you please tell as i upload all the docs and make the payment within 90 days of recieving ita...the cic will contact us in case they are nt satisfied with documents or they will straight away reject the application
No Sid, they wont reject you(unless they see that you do not meet the required funds based on your family composition, so ensure you check those limits as well). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Lets assume, you have submitted the letter and you meet enough funds, but because of your limited of your work history or you have not submitted e.g. Employment Offer/Reference Letter/Pay Slips from your current employer (just as an example), they may ask you to provide the bank statement, in order to verify that you were receiving monthly salary.

Sid1908

Jun 6, 2018
No Sid, they wont reject you(unless they see that you do not meet the required funds based on your family composition, so ensure you check those limits as well). https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

Lets assume, you have submitted the letter and you meet enough funds, but because of your limited of your work history or you have not submitted e.g. Employment Offer/Reference Letter/Pay Slips from your current employer (just as an example), they may ask you to provide the bank statement, in order to verify that you were receiving monthly salary.
Its not that i dont have funds in my account...my bank account balance+fixed deposits value are more then minimum requirement of cic....i was just confused that in case they are not satisfied with any kind of documents we provided they will contact us...or just reject the application

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Its not that i dont have funds in my account...my bank account balance+fixed deposits value are more then minimum requirement of cic....i was just confused that in case they are not satisfied with any kind of documents we provided they will contact us...or just reject the application
Okay, but please double check within the forum or elsewhere whether Fixed Deposits will be accepted as a form of PoF. I have always read mixed reviews about it.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
bank statements + FD's are ok.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Well, I had a case where someone uploaded online bank statement with bank letter. The visa officer rejected his case because the bank statement was not stamped and signed.

It really depends on the Visa Officer who is evaluating your profile. So, fulfill all requirements. Additional document will not be a problem but one less can make situation worse.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
The bank statement can be under spouse name?
Yes, but you will need a consent from your wife about using these funds for PR. (If you are the primary applicant)