+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
I'm applying for Canadian visitor visa in few days. Wondering, do I need to submit bank statement as I already have US visa and been lived in U.K. for 6 years as well as been to many EU countries.

I've heard that if somebody has got US non-immigrant visa then no need to show bank statement.

Is it correct?

I'm from Pakistan.

Quick reply will be much appreciated.

Cheers.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
I'm applying for Canadian visitor visa in few days. Wondering, do I need to submit bank statement as I already have US visa and been lived in U.K. for 6 years as well as been to many EU countries.

I've heard that if somebody has got US non-immigrant visa then no need to show bank statement.

Is it correct?

I'm from Pakistan.

Quick reply will be much appreciated.

Cheers.
Yes you could apply for Can + processing of your TRV and if you want a fast turnaround time apply online. No finance documents needed if you have Valid US visa or have travelled to Canada in last ten years. Not sure if Can + processing holds for Pakistan passports. You can call and confirm with your local VFS call center.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Is it correct?

I'm from Pakistan.
Yes, you must submit 6-months bank statement + financial investments + ties to Pakistan, etc

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
Incorrect advice
Well correct me if I am wrong please .. As I applied last month under Can + last month. Applied on the 16 and got PPR in seventeen. I had a valid Canadian visa and had travelled to Canada recently. Had a few months of visa validity left so applied for a new trv on my renewed passport and got the visa till the validity of passport. Thanks in advance.
Ps. I did not attach any bank statement or ITR. My twin son and daughter are studying their so just attached their visa copies and study permit .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well correct me if I am wrong please .. As I applied last month under Can + last month. Applied on the 16 and got PPR in seventeen. I had a valid Canadian visa and had travelled to Canada recently. Had a few months of visa validity left so applied for a new trv on my renewed passport and got the visa till the validity of passport. Thanks in advance.
Ps. I did not attach any bank statement or ITR. My twin son and daughter are studying their so just attached their visa copies and study permit .
That was a typo. It was intended for another post. Anyways.

CAN+ processing does NOT guarantee a visa approval if the applicant does not submit bank statements + other evidence of strong ties to Pakistan. Also, background checks for Pakistan applications have increased in the last year despite applicants having previous travel/visas to the US. This, in itself, indicates that CAN+ processing is not a guarantee.

You were plain lucky

Reactions: H06

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request

CAN+ processing does NOT guarantee a visa approval if the applicant does not submit bank statements + other evidence of strong ties to Pakistan. Also, background checks for Pakistan applications have increased in the last year despite applicants having previous travel/visas to the US. This, in itself, indicates that CAN+ processing is not a guarantee.

You were plai

You were plain lucky
yes I do consider myself lucky, though I took a informed decision based on the Q & A published by Canada immigration on Facebook post about the eligibility criteria for Can + visa processing. I guess what might have worked in my favour would be a clear travel history a valid visa of Canada while I applied for a new one ... my previous visa was granted only recently and they might have access to all the documentation which I had provided in my first application . I making my guesses ..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
yes I do consider myself lucky, though I took a informed decision based on the Q & A published by Canada immigration on Facebook post about the eligibility criteria for Can + visa processing. I guess what might have worked in my favour would be a clear travel history a valid visa of Canada while I applied for a new one ... my previous visa was granted only recently and they might have access to all the documentation which I had provided in my first application . I making my guesses ..
There were other Pakistani applicants who had far stronger visa profiles (including frequent US travel + very strong ties).... but none of their applications were processed under CAN+.

Generally, it would be a risk to submit a CAN+ request without including evidence of finances + strong ties. I would not advise this

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
There were other Pakistani applicants who had far stronger visa profiles (including frequent US travel + very strong ties).... but none of their applications were processed under CAN+.

Generally, it would be a risk to submit a CAN+ request without including evidence of finances + strong ties. I would not advise this
Well I would accept and acknowledge your advice as I have only my experience to fall back to while you have a lot more info on these issues. Cheers ..

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is the link to Facebook post from Canada High Comissione India. Hope it helps to clear the doubts around Can +
https://m.facebook.com/notes/canada-in-india-high-commission-of-canada/visa-friday-qa-can/1910445909008034/
Generally, there aren't too many hassles/delays for processing India applications. BTW CAN+ processing is at the discretion of the visa office even if someone requests it.

It's a different situation for Pakistan applications because background checks are common. The OP is a Pakistan applicant

Reactions: H06