Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
armbd said:
Very strange. No one is getting Offer Letter :-X. When to apply for Study Permit then ::)???
Yea.... Very much strange. I might be expecting something end of this month. Lets hope for the best.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
rupak23 said:
One mnth more!!!? Who told u?
The universities that I have applied said end of this month.

nusrathq

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
0125/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

Thanks for starting this thread. I have obtained offer of admission in Concordia University for the GDBA program starting this Fall 2014. I have also obtained the CAQ for Quebec. Now I want to apply for study visa but I'm facing a few issues.

1. I can't seem to download the main form "Application for a Study Permit (IMM 1294)". The PDF file keeps saying I need to update the acrobat reader...but its already updated!!! ??? ??? Has anyone else faced this issue?

2. Do I need to submit the original police certificate? Will they give it back later?

3. I'm employed & will provide my financial docs. Do I need to show my parents' income proof/tax docs as well?

Please help! I'll come up w/ more queries pretty soon I'm sure.. :p bear with me pls

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nusrathq said:
Hello everyone

Thanks for starting this thread. I have obtained offer of admission in Concordia University for the GDBA program starting this Fall 2014. I have also obtained the CAQ for Quebec. Now I want to apply for study visa but I'm facing a few issues.

1. I can't seem to download the main form "Application for a Study Permit (IMM 1294)". The PDF file keeps saying I need to update the acrobat reader...but its already updated!!! ??? ??? Has anyone else faced this issue?

2. Do I need to submit the original police certificate? Will they give it back later?

3. I'm employed & will provide my financial docs. Do I need to show my parents' income proof/tax docs as well?

Please help! I'll come up w/ more queries pretty soon I'm sure.. :p bear with me pls

- No I didn't find any of such issues before. BUT you can always download the new Acrobat Reader and then Open the file. I hope that will help. :)

- YES, for paper submission you have to submit the original one. They won't give you back anything :-(.

- If you are paying your own tuition and other expenditures then NO. If in any way they are involved then YES.

nusrathq

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
0125/1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot! :)

Saif Ahmed

Feb 21, 2014
Assalamu Alaikum ,
I am from bangladesh and have completed Alevels last year August.
I have been accepted to MUN for undergraduate in bachelors of science but I have applied in Engineering One with a scholarship of 3000CAD, will that be a problem? My paternal uncle is sponsoring me ..the tution plus living is 18800CAD per year. How much should he show in his bank statement? I heard that CIC dosnt trust that uncle will pay for my tution how can I solve this issue ? My father left business long ago. We live in our own apartment and have some fixed assets. Can I show this with my uncle's sponsorship letter? How can I show strong ties to Bd,I will return once I finish my studies and the duration of my studies and I will not have to work to pay my tution,living,transportation..Please help me I am really tensed and I know my chances are low because of this sponsorship thing.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saif Ahmed said:
Assalamu Alaikum ,
I have been accepted to MUN for undergraduate in bachelors of science but I have applied in Engineering One with a scholarship of 3000CAD, will that be a problem? My paternal uncle is sponsoring me ..the tution plus living is 18800CAD per year. How much should he show in his bank statement? I heard that CIC dosnt trust that uncle will pay for my tution how can I solve this issue ? My father left business long ago. We live in our own apartment and have some fixed assets. Can I show this with my uncle's sponsorship letter? How can I show strong ties to Bd,I will return once I finish my studies and the duration of my studies and I will not have to work to pay my tution,living,transportation..Please help me I am really tensed and I know my chances are low because of this sponsorship thing.
Well I'd say, if possible not to show your Uncle as your sponsor. I have seen so many rejections last year just because of sponsorship issues. Better to show your parents. The thing is Undergraduate and Graduate things are completely different. In terms of financial equations. Now your one year cost is around CAD 19000 i.e. four year cost would be around CAD 76000 which is a LOT :-X. Now if you only show your first tuition + first year living expense that will also be not less than CAD 40000/45000. If you can show that much amount in your parents account then that would the best thing else I think your case is tough to evaluate. One of my friend got rejected last year (even after having GA) just because she showed her brother as her sponsor. CIC was not satisfied with that. You never know how CIC will reacts.

So All the best. :)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Saif Ahmed said:
Assalamu Alaikum ,
I suggest you follow and seek advice from the facebook group of Prospective Bangladeshi Students in Canadian Universities.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from Bangladesh applied for study permit YET??? Update pls.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
mgmbbd said:
Anyone from Bangladesh applied for study permit YET??? Update pls.
Did you get offer letter from any university yet?

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mizan776 said:
Did you get offer letter from any university yet?
I got Offer Letter & Visa last year for MUN. I deferred my admission for this fall. :)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
mgmbbd said:
I got Offer Letter & Visa last year for MUN. I deferred my admission for this fall. :)
All the best bro. I am yet to receive any offer letter.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mizan776 said:
All the best bro. I am yet to receive any offer letter.
Well, all the best. Hope you'll receive the Offer Letter soon.