File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
The processing time for outland (as well as inland, btw) has increased again. I am really started to get worried about this trend, not so long ago in was in the mid 30 days, and had been like this for at least a year. Now it is at 60 days! I am getting concerned that the processing times will soon be 90 days or worse.

So, I started to write to the minister of immigration about this new trend, but then got worried that my name would be noticed before my sponsorship approval is processed! Paranoid a bit you think? Maybe, but I am still curious to get an official statement.

I would still like to get an official statement from the ministry's office, but I do not want to be associated with it.

So, I am looking for one or many volunteer to write to the minister to inquire about this new trend. Is this a new policy that the "new conservative" majority is slowly implementing? I can help with writing the letter.

Ideally maybe a journalist might even be better, maybe you or you know someone that could inquire for us.

What do you think? Any volunteers or maybe you know a journalist? I am seriously considering contacting CBC.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
so you don't want them to know your name, push someone else to the front lines eh?

longer time = more applicants simple as that, want CIC to hire more people, they going to increase taxes.

leroadrunner

Apr 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
AOR Received.
21-12-2011 In Process: 25-01-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-01-2012
oceans_end said:
so you don't want them to know your name, push someone else to the front lines eh?

longer time = more applicants simple as that, want CIC to hire more people, they going to increase taxes.
:)

Not pushing anybody! Thats why i think getting a journalist to ask would be fantastic!

Call me conspiracy thinking, but I am really afraid these are new directives/policies from our wonderful immigration friendly conservative government now in full power!!!

I guess there is not much we can do about it, but would like to know their position. Have immigration application numbers increased? I dont believe so, they may actually be declining.
:-D

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Day by day CIC is increasing First Stage approval time. I think more you push more they will increase the time. They are also cutting budget for cic and more applications.
I know is a big pain to wait. I had no pain to wait for first stage approval even if increase to 90 days. Also you know which month receival file they are working on it.

My concern is they are also increase time out land visa office time. There is no real update or you can not find which months file they are working on it. Some visa office start process with in 2-4 months after receive the application but other start process after 8-10 months. It a big pain for me.
When i see people apply after me and approved and you are counting time when it will process. Who are in that situation only he/she knows what is that pain.
I would like to write a letter to CIC-M about their time frame and second step time frame.
Delhi takes only 2-3 to start process where Singapore take 7-9 months. I am sure Delhi receives more application than Singapore. But who knows why they delay to start process. Manila also takes 2-3 months processing time.

here is the chart for Asia and Pacific . My visa office is Singapore. In asia average time is good for processing except Islamabad and Singapore. First stage we wait same time frame but at the second stage you have wait 6-8 months more. It is a big pain, lot of stress.
Beijing Beijing 4
Colombo Colombo 13
Hong Kong Hong Kong 19
Islamabad Islamabad 24
Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur 10
Manila Manila 10
New Delhi New Delhi 6
Seoul Seoul 7
Singapore Singapore 21
Sydney Sydney 7
Taipei Taipei 5
Tokyo Tokyo 6

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
mirjahan said:
Day by day CIC is increasing First Stage approval time. I think more you push more they will increase the time. They are also cutting budget for cic and more applications.
I know is a big pain to wait. I had no pain to wait for first stage approval even if increase to 90 days. Also you know which month receival file they are working on it.

My concern is they are also increase time out land visa office time. There is no real update or you can not find which months file they are working on it. Some visa office start process with in 2-4 months after receive the application but other start process after 8-10 months. It a big pain for me.
When i see people apply after me and approved and you are counting time when it will process. Who are in that situation only he/she knows what is that pain.
I would like to write a letter to CIC-M about their time frame and second step time frame.
Delhi takes only 2-3 to start process where Singapore take 7-9 months. I am sure Delhi receives more application than Singapore. But who knows why they delay to start process. Manila also takes 2-3 months processing time.

here is the chart for Asia and Pacific . My visa office is Singapore. In asia average time is good for processing except Islamabad and Singapore. First stage we wait same time frame but at the second stage you have wait 6-8 months more. It is a big pain, lot of stress.
Beijing Beijing 4
Colombo Colombo 13
Hong Kong Hong Kong 19
Islamabad Islamabad 24
Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur 10
Manila Manila 10
New Delhi New Delhi 6
Seoul Seoul 7
Singapore Singapore 21
Sydney Sydney 7
Taipei Taipei 5
Tokyo Tokyo 6

Sorry not meaning to step out of line here but could you please not call it "First Stage Approval" for Outland. There is only one "First Stage Approval" and that is for Inland applicants. What Outland applicants have is "Sponsor Approval". I see why you call it that but when you get into technical terms and new applicants are trying to learn the difference between Inland and Outland it can be confusing to them and hard for others to explain. Know what I mean?

Also to the OP, could you not just send an anonymous letter? It isn't like they are asking you to sign your name at the bottom.
Also, more budget cuts usually means less workers, less equipment, etc. etc. not to mention vacation times right now. But with less workers all the time (from what I hear, several are in fact being overworked to catch up the slack) and with more applicants every year, you can start to see how the backlog starts.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You know I have been guilty of using "first stage approval" for outland, so thanks for that.
Love_Young said:
Sorry not meaning to step out of line here but could you please not call it "First Stage Approval" for Outland. There is only one "First Stage Approval" and that is for Inland applicants. What Outland applicants have is "Sponsor Approval". I see why you call it that but when you get into technical terms and new applicants are trying to learn the difference between Inland and Outland it can be confusing to them and hard for others to explain. Know what I mean?

Also to the OP, could you not just send an anonymous letter? It isn't like they are asking you to sign your name at the bottom.
Also, more budget cuts usually means less workers, less equipment, etc. etc. not to mention vacation times right now. But with less workers all the time (from what I hear, several are in fact being overworked to catch up the slack) and with more applicants every year, you can start to see how the backlog starts.

U

Unbelievable

I hear you and I agree on all your points, I am one of the many disappointed in delays, I was hoping I would be reunited with my husband by now but two years later we are still miles apart. I am not sure if you have been keeping up with CIC news, well hope that you will find the below update helpful, we are being given the opportunity to ask questions to immigration Attorney David Cohen.
Special Feature to be added to CIC News!
AUGUST, 2011

Beginning next month, CICNews will be adding a new Q&A feature to its monthly newsletter. Readers will have the opportunity to send in their Canadian immigration questions to be answered by Attorney David Cohen. Each month, we will be picking several questions which will be published in our newsletter along with the answers.
Readers can begin submitting their questions today by emailing them to qna@cicnews.com
If you do not have a question, but would like to be assessed for Canadian immigration, please complete our free Canadian immigration assessment form.
We would also like to remind you that you can leave comments regarding our newsletter in the comments section below each article and you can also share the articles with others using the social media buttons found on the left side of each article.
We look forward to receiving your questions!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ddobro2 said:
You know I have been guilty of using "first stage approval" for outland, so thanks for that.
Oh that is okay. Just trying to help out future applicants that may be reading later, you know.
Its easy to call it that though.

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
leroadrunner said:
The processing time for outland (as well as inland, btw) has increased again. I am really started to get worried about this trend, not so long ago in was in the mid 30 days, and had been like this for at least a year. Now it is at 60 days! I am getting concerned that the processing times will soon be 90 days or worse.

So, I started to write to the minister of immigration about this new trend, but then got worried that my name would be noticed before my sponsorship approval is processed! Paranoid a bit you think? Maybe, but I am still curious to get an official statement.

I would still like to get an official statement from the ministry's office, but I do not want to be associated with it.

So, I am looking for one or many volunteer to write to the minister to inquire about this new trend. Is this a new policy that the "new conservative" majority is slowly implementing? I can help with writing the letter.

Ideally maybe a journalist might even be better, maybe you or you know someone that could inquire for us.

What do you think? Any volunteers or maybe you know a journalist? I am seriously considering contacting CBC.
Make a false email address and name and send an email to here ...simples ;D Minister@cic.gc.ca

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
MandyUK said:
Make a false email address and name and send an email to here ...simples ;D Minister @ cic.gc.ca
Yep! And if anybody traces you out, keep a hat, a moustache and a long coat handy :p ;D

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
shamsia said:
Yep! And if anybody traces you out, keep a hat, a moustache and a long coat handy :p ;D
rofl, so thats what they are for in the cupboard! :p

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
MandyUK said:
rofl, so thats what they are for in the cupboard! :p
Yes!! Lying right next to the skeletons, waiting to come out :p

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
shamsia said:
Yes!! Lying right next to the skeletons, waiting to come out :p
Thats it!...*padlocks cupboard* there! now let my ex husband try and escape now..er...did i say that outloud? :p

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
MandyUK said:
Thats it!...*padlocks cupboard* there! now let my ex husband try and escape now..er...did i say that outloud? :p
Hahahahaha!! You did but I shall just pretend to have not heard you :p

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
shamsia said:
Hahahahaha!! You did but I shall just pretend to have not heard you :p
it does have a lot of sense for spousal family cases.i'm victim for this and in process for last 4 years..still in pro..i think one must not be scared to take issue into minister's eyes,because they are sitting for us and so they must receive and do something to ease families in pain of long time waiting,i have done one try by taking our matter to media but still our process has taken years,so painful and badly disturbing process.they must deal people as humans,,processes can be in better and improved way too,they can make quick decisions too,why and what is meaning for holding for years doesn't make sense. (now pl someone don't explain me they have thousands cases bla bla...if they have then we are also waited for years then where is result??..i know how it works..they simply should reduce gossips and do work to re-unite families if cant hire more staff)sorry, but we families are not being treated as families and i see more intention in breaking families than uniting them..is it wrong ?just think those families who also have kids with em in process,their innocent years are too badly effected and their parents "who are separate waiting" miss their golden times which they can stay with kids for schooling,and a time when husband and wife must be together.so dis hard at the moment but still crossing fingers and hoping in Allah that soon our an process of many will be over.we can take a step by writing together and take the report to CBC or any other channel like CITY TV. pl reply guys,thanks.