+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
I know it's difficult to answer but lmo's which are getting processed now, will they get impacted? Any guesses? If impacted, I would lose at least 4weeks of processing time.
Dude, they're giving refunds for unfinished LMO applications right now and they're not processing any of them. Chances are that everyone will have to start all over when the moratorium is lifted.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
stopDA said:
Dude, they're giving refunds for unfinished LMO applications right now and they're not processing any of them. Chances are that everyone will have to start all over when the moratorium is lifted.
Hey forgot to mention. My job noc is 2174 (s/w developer)

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Hey forgot to mention. My job noc is 2174 (s/w developer)
In that case, your application won't be affected in any negative way. Your processing time might actually decrease now that they're not processing any food service LMOs and have more time for other LMO applications.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
stopDA said:
In that case, your application won't be affected in any negative way. Your processing time might actually decrease now that they're not processing any food service LMOs and have more time for other LMO applications.
Sounds awkward, but true.

Jenog

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 19, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Med's Done....
Waived
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2014
LANDED..........
July 10, 2014
stopDA said:

@stopda,

Hi sir,

My application for work permit is now on process @ Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi. My NOC Code is 6622 Shelf Stocker. But when I email my boss told me that our company was not affected by the recent moratorium. My company in Canada RONA Hardware....

See below that exact message of my boss.

Good morning,

We are not affected by the recent moratorium in the food service sector. So far this is the only category affected.

Your application should proceed as initially intended.

Tracy

What do you think of this. Am I exempted from moratorium?

Regards,

Jenog

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Intocanada said:
Sounds awkward, but true.
Of course, the moratorium is only for food industry related low skilled NOCs. Highly skilled ones remain unaffected and might be processed faster (though that is just a rationale), not written any where.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
fkl said:
Of course, the moratorium is only for food industry related low skilled NOCs. Highly skilled ones remain unaffected and might be processed faster (though that is just a rationale), not written any where.
Sounds about right, although they've sneaked in a few NOCs that are considered high-skilled, such as cooks and chefs (NOC B). That's what's actually doing the damage for me

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Questions and answers for this topic. Please check the link

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/q_a.shtml

galuramarvin

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Im here now in canada just arrived today..i passed through immigration. They have told me about the suspenssion but they told me as long as i have the visa im good to go..

lagn07

Apr 29, 2014
@ galuramarvin - congrats you made it! Kindly share naman your experience during your interview with the immig officer. Such as questions asked to you and documents he requested from you. Can't wait for your reply. Was it a lot of questions? Where's your POE?

galuramarvin

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
lagn07 said:
@ galuramarvin - congrats you made it! Kindly share naman your experience during your interview with the immig officer. Such as questions asked to you and documents he requested from you. Can't wait for your reply. Was it a lot of questions? Where's your POE?
hi lagno07
Thank you for your congratiolations..My point of entry is Toronto and going to Edmonton,AB.
The immigration ask me just simple questions such as :
◆What is your purpose coming in Canada?
◆How long are you gonna stay in Canada?
◆What is the nameof your company that youwill working for?

And they will look for your:
◆passport
◆letter of introduction
◆job contract from the employer
◆visa

That is all it will only take you 4-9minutes with the immigration and dont be afraid about this TFW suspenssion issue. As long as you already have a visa on hand you are good to go, those words came from immigration officers here. So dont lose hope. Keep up the faith....God reserve you a seat going here already...

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jenog said:
@ stopda,

Hi sir,

My application for work permit is now on process @ Canadian embassy Abu Dhabi. My NOC Code is 6622 Shelf Stocker. But when I email my boss told me that our company was not affected by the recent moratorium. My company in Canada RONA Hardware....

See below that exact message of my boss.

Good morning,

We are not affected by the recent moratorium in the food service sector. So far this is the only category affected.

Your application should proceed as initially intended.

Tracy

What do you think of this. Am I exempted from moratorium?

Regards,

Jenog
This moratorium applies to you. Send your employer this link:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

They'll probably be surprised to hear that this moratorium affects them too.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
stopDA said:
This moratorium applies to you. Send your employer this link:

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

They'll probably be surprised to hear that this moratorium affects them too.
Why do you think that? The moratorium only applies to employers in these categories -> http://stds.statcan.gc.ca/naics-scian/2002/cs-rc-eng.asp?criteria=722 The suspended LMO has to be for a listed NOC under one of those employment categories.