+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad experience at PSK when getting Indian PCC

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had horrible experience at Pune PSK today when getting Indian PCC. As usual there were thousands of people out there and there was rush for everything. When my number came at the first counter that person didn't take proper photograph as it was cut at the top. The person at the second counter didn't care but I had to tell her that the photo wasn't per requirements. So I had to go back and again wait in line for taking another photo. Even this other person taking photo was pretty stupid and she couldn't center the photo so I had to tell her to take the photo properly and at the fourth attempt she could get a somewhat decent photo. Again after waiting in line at the third counter the person gave a very vague answer and she didn't clarify what she was saying. That stupid woman said police will first come to verify and then I will get a police verification appointment confirmation message. So before leaving I asked at the exit counter for clarification and the person there just said rudely that it's done now and nothing else is remaining. Overall it was a very shi*ty experience dealing with these unskilled low wage rude workers out there. People going for Indian PCC i would suggest that before you leave make sure everything on the pcc application form is correct especially photo and all the passport details because those people don't care about it but we certainly care about our application might getting rejected.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Bad experience at PSK for getting Indian PCC

Hard luck buddy. I agree to the fact that Pune has mad rush, but it also depends on the time slot you get. My recommendation would be to try and take early slots, as the day progresses the crowd increases multifold. In my case they (PSK Pune staff) told me that a police verification would be required, however, police verification was already done for my previous PCC (done less than 6 months). I actually had to show them my previous PCC, and they issued me the PCC on the same day this time. Both the times i had different experience, but my experience with early slot of the day was much better than later.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......

mukulabd said:
I had horrible experience at Pune PSK today for getting Indian PCC. As usual there were thousands of people out there and there was rush for everything. When my number came at the first counter that person didn't take proper photograph as it was cut at the top. The person at the second counter didn't care but I had to tell her that the photo wasn't per requirements. So I had to go back and again wait in line for taking another photo. Even this other person taking photo was pretty stupid and she couldn't center the photo so I had to tell her to take the photo properly and at the fourth attempt she could get a somewhat decent photo. Again after waiting in line at the third counter the person gave a very vague answer and she didn't clarify what she was saying. That stupid woman said police will first come to verify and then I will get a police verification appointment confirmation message. So before leaving I asked at the exit counter for clarification and the person there just said rudely that it's done now and nothing else is remaining. Overall it was a very shi*ty experience dealing with these unskilled low wage rude workers out there. People going for Indian PCC i would suggest that before you leave make sure everything on the pcc application form is correct especially photo and all the passport details because those people don't care about it but we certainly care about our application might getting rejected.
unfortunately you had a bad experience. The last counter are govt. (RPO) officers ( so you can expect rude behaviour), the first counter is TCS staff.
I faced a stupid officer at 2nd counter who was so dumb that I had to explain him that October comes after July ( there was date related issue)

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, don't worry. Hope that you have subscribed for SMS service. You would get a SMS from police station with date, a time slot, and list of documents that you need to carry. On the day of appointment, you would need to fill a form (available at police station) and attach copy of documents. after appointment it takes about 7-10 days to get a notification from PSK that your PCC is ready for collection from PSK. Overall processing time is approx 2-3 weeks.

Wish you good luck.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vishalg said:
unfortunately you had a bad experience. The last counter are govt. (RPO) officers ( so you can expect rude behaviour), the first counter is TCS staff.
I faced a stupid officer at 2nd counter who was so dumb that I had to explain him that October comes after July ( there was date related issue)
;D Agreed.. toughest nuts are the C counter guys. Typical attitude, and you really need to break your head to make your way.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't have an option of selecting time slot. I could only select the day. Now I have to go there again to collect my PCC after verification is done. But I can imagine the rush everywhere, anytime. Glad I am moving to Canada. :p

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchaser said:
By the way, don't worry. Hope that you have subscribed for SMS service. You would get a SMS from police station with date, a time slot, and list of documents that you need to carry. On the day of appointment, you would need to fill a form (available at police station) and attach copy of documents. after appointment it takes about 7-10 days to get a notification from PSK that your PCC is ready for collection from PSK. Overall processing time is approx 2-3 weeks.

Wish you good luck.
No I haven't subscribed. Didn't know I had to. Can i do it now? Now after visiting PSK, when i tried, i got this message "You cannot enrol for the Passport Seva SMS Services, as the File Number is generated for the selected ARN." How would I get the appointment message now?

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukulabd said:
No I haven't subscribed. Didn't know I had to. Can i do it now?
Wait for 2 weeks, you should get a sms from your local police station. In case if you do not get it, go to your police station and check with the them. Usually there is a separate counter for verification. Where do you stay currently if i may ask?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchaser said:
Wait for 2 weeks, you should get a sms from your local police station. In case if you do not get it, go to your police station and check with the them. Usually there is a separate counter for verification. Where do you stay currently if i may ask?
Ok thanks (+1) for the info. I live near Pune Univ.

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukulabd said:
Ok thanks (+1) for the info. I live near Pune Univ.
you are wc.. and thanks for +1
Your PS would be Chaturshrungi.. processing should be quick in that case.. wish you good luck :) 8)

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunchaser said:
you are wc.. and thanks for +1
Your PS would be Chaturshrungi.. processing should be quick in that case.. wish you good luck :) 8)
Yes its chaturshrungi. Thanks and good luck to u too.

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
Is your address in passport and present address different, coz people living on same address get PCC immediately.
Also please check online regularly to see when your file is transferred ( about two weeks). Then follow up with the police station if they are slow coz sometimes they have some previous applications to clear before you. Please be polite with them they will help you .Carry all the required documents (the policeman will msg you details) like present address proof , SSC, HSC ,Graduation Certificate etc.( originals+ Photocopy) with you when go. After this is done the file is transferred to Police headquarters and then updated to PSK in 2 to 3 days.Once you get confirmation online about approval you have to go to PSK directly to last Counter and collect PCC.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aniket2789 said:
Is your address in passport and present address different, coz people living on same address get PCC immediately.
Also please check online regularly to see when your file is transferred ( about two weeks). Then follow up with the police station if they are slow coz sometimes they have some previous applications to clear before you. Please be polite with them they will help you .Carry all the required documents (the policeman will msg you details) like present address proof , SSC, HSC ,Graduation Certificate etc.( originals+ Photocopy) with you when go. After this is done the file is transferred to Police headquarters and then updated to PSK in 2 to 3 days.Once you get confirmation online about approval you have to go to PSK directly to last Counter and collect PCC.
Yes I will follow up in person after a week since i did not enrol for sms notification. Thanks.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vishalg said:
Even I had a very bad experience for passport renewal at last counter at Mundhwa PSK. Idiot considered my marriage certificate as divorce certificate & referred me to old PSK. Took my passport additional 1-2 months :(

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

softwaretesting said:
Even I had a very bad experience for passport renewal at last counter at Mundhwa PSK. Idiot considered my marriage certificate as divorce certificate & referred me to old PSK. Took my passport additional 1-2 months :(
Unbelievable! Why on earth... Hard luck mate :eek: