+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Backlog will be cleared by Mar. 31, 2016

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
As per the new Citizenship law , the backlog for any one who applied before April 01, 2015 will be cleared by Mar. 31, 2016.

My question , does that mean all type of file (routine / non-routine) ? Also does that mean all old files including (2011-2012-2013) ? if a file could not be concluded for the last 4 years example (2011 - 2015) then how it will be cleared within 12 month ? if this is possible then what were the reason(s) behind keeping it collecting dust for the last 4 years ???? :( :(

I am a non-routine file due to (only) copy of my passport required after I did my test last June 2014. I applied on Feb. 2014 and still waiting for oath.

Hope my case will be part of the one year clearance process :)

malimm0a75

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
have you not submitted ur passport copy when u applied for the citizenship??

or do they require the updated info?

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osamaamany said:
As per the new Citizenship law , the backlog for any one who applied before April 01, 2015 will be cleared by Mar. 31, 2016.

My question , does that mean all type of file (routine / non-routine) ? Also does that mean all old files including (2011-2012-2013) ? if a file could not be concluded for the last 4 years example (2011 - 2015) then how it will be cleared within 12 month ? if this is possible then what were the reason(s) behind keeping it collecting dust for the last 4 years ???? :( :(

I am a non-routine file due to (only) copy of my passport required after I did my test last June 2014. I applied on Feb. 2014 and still waiting for oath.

Hope my case will be part of the one year clearance process :)

According the CIC website, the targeted 12 months processing time is ONLY for routine applications. Unfortunately, the others will take longer...
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985249
*CIC's target is to maintain an inventory where most applications are less then a year old. Non-routine/complex applications will continue to take longer to process

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
malimm0a75 said:
have you not submitted ur passport copy when u applied for the citizenship??

or do they require the updated info?
Neither this nor that ...I submitted a copy of my new + old passport full pages ...even in the interview both passports were available and the officer was free to take whatever copy needed .. And she did ..however I was surprised when a copy requested ... And the funny thing I came to know about this when I ordered my first ATIP after 2 month ..local office pretended they sent a letter requiring this which never reached me and I asked CIC to ask the local office to resend the letter again ...and this letter never reach till today

But I to the initiative and send the copy ,y self with explanation letter that I never received the assumed letter and that copies were provided previously ..

Any way ..in Feb 2017 I will complete 36 month ...let's see till that time what will happen