+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background/Security checks time period?

Huma01

Jul 12, 2018

Hi,
I have a question/concern about my Spousal sponsorship application-outland. I have sponsored my husband from Pakistan on July 10, 2017. The application at this point is in London visa office and we received our Pre-arrival Services letter on June 13, 2018 but we haven't heard anything since than. I had sent an enquiry through Web and the response was that they are doing background/security check. However, everything else looks good. At this point my application had completed the processing time of 12 months. Should we be concerned? How does the background/security checks take normally?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Sounds like your application is right on track. With him having received pre-arrival services last month, he will probably get DM relatively soon. The background check is the last phase of the application process and there is no set time that it takes, but receiving the pre-arrival services email is a great sign.

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Sounds like your application is right on track. With him having received pre-arrival services last month, he will probably get DM relatively soon. The background check is the last phase of the application process and there is no set time that it takes, but receiving the pre-arrival services email is a great sign.
What does it mean if you have your bgc started but no pre arrival (I know it s a "bad" question)?

Huma01

Jul 12, 2018
Thank you so much for the response. it is satisfying to know that my application is on right track as everyone else. However, one of my friend received pre-arrival service letter and 3 days after received passport request. I guess every application is different, my husband's background check is in process for one month at the moment. I really appreciate your response.

Huma01

Jul 12, 2018
What does it mean if you have your bgc started but no pre arrival (I know it s a "bad" question)?
I know some people don't even receive pre-arrival services letter and their application directly get background check and than passport request. But again there are more experts here who can answer your inquiry better than I can.
Good Luck