+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

shibu

May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
1. Your file has just recently come out of the queue.
2. As of now it has been 'micro-filmed' for posterity.
3. Your file was last reviewed by a staff/section called "PPS" -- this is where the PSDEC is done.
4. U must have got another BF'D after u retrieved your CAIPS.
5. Give it another 4-6 months to get something.
6. Remember, your case will have stringent b/ground & security checks... so pls expect delays.

All the very best!
Qorax
Dear Sir

What is the difference between MICROLOCATOR and MICROCONTROLLER?

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
Dear Qorax any idea how long this is going to take....

Received this from ND VO...

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant, either to request additional documents or information

mwansaa

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laklak said:

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

This file is currently pending final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your continued patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted. Until we contact the applicant, either to request additional documents or information
Thanks for this, it will be of a lot of interest to people. Cud u please complete the last sentence of the message. Thanks again

zuma

Jun 12, 2011
dear

If someone make misrtakes in the personal history , can it be cause of the rejection or the refusal ? we made an error in the " peersonal history
section , where I put activity as "unemployed , searching for jobs and quitted the previoius job" but in the colum"name of the company , facilitiy,employer , schoolas applicable" iI put probably" a districts name and my country name or perhaps N/A ". I am really confused fo the fact . regretfully , I dont have the copy of the part of the form. if the case reaches "in process" , and require an update of the Background Declarartion Application Form, will it make trouble or be a refusal of the application or the visa ? I am really worried of the fact . coiuld you please share your opinion or experience ?

regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
shibu said:
Dear Sir

What is the difference between MICROLOCATOR and MICROCONTROLLER?
Regrets... the 'Microcontroller' is a new term thus, I'm not particularly sure of.

However, given the positioning of the term in the CAIPS, as stated by few folks here, I feel both r one-&-the-same. It's probably a GCMS thing.

Qorax

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
qorax said:
Regrets... the 'Microcontroller' is a new term thus, I'm not particularly sure of.

However, given the positioning of the term in the CAIPS, as stated by few folks here, I feel both r one-&-the-same. It's probably a GCMS thing.

Qorax
I am not sure how does the term microcontroller relate to immigration. Microcontroller is a system on chip that is used in embedded systems (computer and electronics thing).

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
laklak said:

Just a std reply... means [which we already know] that PRVs can only be issued once the security checks r completed. And that takes different timeframe for different applicants. Usually [with all VOs except CHC-ND], the PPR is issued after 3-4 months from the meds... it takes that much time to conclude the security clearances... thus, IMHO, with NDVO one should expect the same timeframe.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
zuma said:
dear

If someone make misrtakes in the personal history , can it be cause of the rejection or the refusal ? we made an error in the " peersonal history
section , where I put activity as "unemployed , searching for jobs and quitted the previoius job" but in the colum"name of the company , facilitiy,employer , schoolas applicable" iI put probably" a districts name and my country name or perhaps N/A ". I am really confused fo the fact . regretfully , I dont have the copy of the part of the form. if the case reaches "in process" , and require an update of the Background Declarartion Application Form, will it make trouble or be a refusal of the application or the visa ? I am really worried of the fact . coiuld you please share your opinion or experience ?

regards
It shouldn't be a cause of refusal. At worst the VO would seek further explanation/s from u.

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
Hi Qorax,

Its already been more then 3 months i have sent my PP..why they are taking so much more time...you mean they will take 3-4 more months for background check...kindly assist....this they are writing after 3 months after my pp submission....

qorax said:
Just a std reply... means [which we already know] that PRVs can only be issued once the security checks r completed. And that takes different timeframe for different applicants. Usually [with all VOs except CHC-ND], the PPR is issued after 3-4 months from the meds... it takes that much time to conclude the security clearances... thus, IMHO, with NDVO one should expect the same timeframe.

Qorax

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
qorax said:

Qorax
I am really skeptical that background checks are delaying our applications. Assuming that same time taken for the most basic case with no FTH or criminal background whatsoever, the variance of time is just absurd with some ppl having DMs within a month after Meds. There is a greater hidden cause to this I suspect they are favoring one or more NOCs over the other. Some of the new NOCs make it harder for the Visa Officers to assess.

khans

May 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 march 2008
Doc's Request.
march 2009
IELTS Request
oct 2009
Med's Request
30 mar2010/16mar 2011(remed)
Med's Done....
same
Interview........
02 feb 2012
Passport Req..
13 April with remedical form
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2012
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear qorex

i have a query that

which type of beck ground and security checks are possible after medical in case of stringent checks?

regards

Khan's

SyedAbbas

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
1. Your file has just recently come out of the queue.
2. As of now it has been 'micro-filmed' for posterity.
3. Your file was last reviewed by a staff/section called "PPS" -- this is where the PSDEC is done.
4. U must have got another BF'D after u retrieved your CAIPS.
5. Give it another 4-6 months to get something.
6. Remember, your case will have stringent b/ground & security checks... so pls expect delays.

All the very best!
Qorax

Dear Sir Qorax

Many thans for your reply. My question is that it is almost 4 months since this development, still I am not contacted for document update, what do you think before going into verifications don't they need updated documents and if so why I haven't received as yet or how early I can receive this?

Sincere Regards,

Labron

May 31, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville-AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2010
Doc's Request.
02-2011 (FingerPrint requested)
Med's Done....
03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Well explained qorax,
You are such a helpful and effective member in this forum; i read most of your comments!
I just would like to ask you about my application that has been in the 2nd stage of process since March,2011 in which i did the medical, under the protcted person category. No update in my ecas regarding receiving the medical even though that CIC call agents said they received it the same month; do you think this is normal?.
Based on your explaination regarding the security check, i think my application doesn't fall within the 3 month timeline. Do you think that i might hear from them within six months? if my case follows the normal security routine? and is there any other reason that my application could be delayed after finishing the medicals and security check?
sorry for the long qeustions.

Thank you in advance,

qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Labron said:
Well explained qorax,
You are such a helpful and effective member in this forum; i read most of your comments!
I just would like to ask you about my application that has been in the 2nd stage of process since March,2011 in which i did the medical, under the protcted person category. No update in my ecas regarding receiving the medical even though that CIC call agents said they received it the same month; do you think this is normal?.
Based on your explaination regarding the security check, i think my application doesn't fall within the 3 month timeline. Do you think that i might hear from them within six months? if my case follows the normal security routine? and is there any other reason that my application could be delayed after finishing the medicals and security check?
sorry for the long qeustions.

Thank you in advance,
Your category sure follows a different timeframe. It has another set of rules & queue... yes, u could expect something in 6 odd months.

wq

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Dear,
How much time chc will take after security clearance for issuance of ppr.
regds
wq