Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

sh_humayun

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
08-02-2013
rsrsva said:
My question is that after eligibility CHECK we ARE geting 2nd aor OR AFTER 2ND AOR OFFICER CHECK ELIGIBILITY OF 67 POINT.

thanks
This procedure is for pre June 2010 applicants or after June 2010 applicat

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Re: Background Checks

rauf said:
Hi Qorax,

Many thanks for the excellent work you are doing for all the forum members.

I need some guidance from you. Our medical was done on 5th Jan 2011. CHC London had asked for Landing Fee and new Police Certificates alongwith the medicals. The Landing Fee draft was encashed on 26.2.2011. On March 3 they asked for updated IMM0008 and Schedule 1/Background Declaration Forms. They received these documents on 22.3.2011. The ecas status shows "under process". There is no mention of receipt of medical results.

It is almost 4 months since they received these updates. Any idea how much longer it will take to get the passport request?
Generally speaking, u should've got your PPR by now... but applicants of certain region/s r under stricter security scrutiny, which takes a bit more time. However, one thing seems to be alright -- your meds. 'Coz, if it wasn't 'seconded' - u would've heard from them by now. So, that's opined to be 'cleared' any way.

Good luck!
Qorax

Nayma

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
qorax , very nicely explained glad that i visit this thread.

Nayma.

rauf

Star Member
May 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/5/2009
Doc's Request.
12/6/2009
AOR Received.
2/11/2009
File Transfer...
30/06/2010
Med's Request
22/12/2010
Med's Done....
05/01/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Re: Background Checks

Brother, thanks for the re-assuring words. Keep your good work

SyedAbbas

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Dear Sir Qorax Please reply

I need your expert opinion in following:

I've just received my CAIPS notes, I've been awarded points for age only. Besides that there is only one line of hope

"PAPER FILE SENT TO PPS FILE BF'D TO: PPS ON 22-03-2011 MICROCONTROLLER"

Can you please suggest me what stage my case is right now and how much it will take me to get document request. My timelines are as follows

Application date: 23-03-2005
AOR date: 19-04-05
NOC Code: 2281
VISA Office: Islamabad (Case shifted to London on 29-09-10)

I'll be grateful to you.

Sincere Regards

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
My application has been in process for 4 months now. I have already submitted my Meds and PPs. Since ND VO has taken absurd approach to process cases, I was very anxious and ordered CAIPS notes. Now What can we expect in CAIPS notes, will it show any signs of why my case is stalled.

Thanks in advance...

mac1nt0sh

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
26-07-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application to CIO
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Request
03-08-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Interview........
hoping it will be waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Hi Qorax, Seniors and other forum memebers,

I just need your inputs regarding my situation. I applied for Arranged Employment FSW in July, 2010. CIO acknowledged that I pass eligibility in November, 2010 and that they will extend me application to Buffalo. On wednesday, I got a letter dated july 5, 2011 from buffalo stating that they have not awarded me points for arranged employment due to the reason that my work permit expired on may 4, 2011 and that my arranged emplyment letter was issued more than a year ago. Thus, making me below minimum point required. However, the officer gave me a consideration by supplying additional documents. Since I am still in Canada under Implied Status and my new work permit is in pending process, I sent them a copy of my LMO, New arranged employment letter and other proof that I submitted work permit application and that I am still with the same company. I overnighted the package and was received successfully on july 15.

Have you guys experienced this or do you know anybody who has? Qorax and other seniors, your expert advice will be very much appreciated. I just want to know if the documents I submitted would be sufficient enought for them to award me back arranged employment points.

Thank you for your time reading my post.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SyedAbbas said:
Dear Sir Qorax Please reply

I need your expert opinion in following:

I've just received my CAIPS notes, I've been awarded points for age only. Besides that there is only one line of hope

"PAPER FILE SENT TO PPS FILE BF'D TO: PPS ON 22-03-2011 MICROCONTROLLER"

Can you please suggest me what stage my case is right now and how much it will take me to get document request. My timelines are as follows

Application date: 23-03-2005
AOR date: 19-04-05
NOC Code: 2281
VISA Office: Islamabad (Case shifted to London on 29-09-10)

I'll be grateful to you.

Sincere Regards
1. Your file has just recently come out of the queue.
2. As of now it has been 'micro-filmed' for posterity.
3. Your file was last reviewed by a staff/section called "PPS" -- this is where the PSDEC is done.
4. U must have got another BF'D after u retrieved your CAIPS.
5. Give it another 4-6 months to get something.
6. Remember, your case will have stringent b/ground & security checks... so pls expect delays.

All the very best!
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mac1nt0sh said:
Hi Qorax, Seniors and other forum memebers,

I just need your inputs regarding my situation. I applied for Arranged Employment FSW in July, 2010. CIO acknowledged that I pass eligibility in November, 2010 and that they will extend me application to Buffalo. On wednesday, I got a letter dated july 5, 2011 from buffalo stating that they have not awarded me points for arranged employment due to the reason that my work permit expired on may 4, 2011 and that my arranged emplyment letter was issued more than a year ago. Thus, making me below minimum point required. However, the officer gave me a consideration by supplying additional documents. Since I am still in Canada under Implied Status and my new work permit is in pending process, I sent them a copy of my LMO, New arranged employment letter and other proof that I submitted work permit application and that I am still with the same company. I overnighted the package and was received successfully on july 15.

Have you guys experienced this or do you know anybody who has? Qorax and other seniors, your expert advice will be very much appreciated. I just want to know if the documents I submitted would be sufficient enought for them to award me back arranged employment points.

Thank you for your time reading my post.
If the AEO is from the same company which extended your TWP -- u should have no further issues after u had sent that mail alongwith the supporting docs.

BTW, u should have informed your VO imdtly on the TWP extension matter, around May-2011 and that u r under 'implied status'... that'd have eased/negated this unnecessary communications/worries.

Qorax

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
qorax said:
1. Your file has just recently come out of the queue.
2. As of now it has been 'micro-filmed' for posterity.
3. Your file was last reviewed by a staff/section called "PPS" -- this is where the PSDEC is done.
4. U must have got another BF'D after u retrieved your CAIPS.
5. Give it another 4-6 months to get something.
6. Remember, your case will have stringent b/ground & security checks... so pls expect delays.

All the very best!
Qorax
So will ordering CAIPS cause delay since a new BFD was issued?

mac1nt0sh

Jul 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
26-07-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application to CIO
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Request
03-08-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Interview........
hoping it will be waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
soon
Thank you Qorax for the reply. Well I did try to inform and send them documents pertaining my work permit renewal through e-mail. However, I was told no further documentation is needed. That is why I didn't bother at all. Since they have access to other agencies' systems. But we'll see. I will let you guys know whichever the development is.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nitroxn said:
So will ordering CAIPS cause delay since a new BFD was issued?
The retrieval of our CAIPS Notes has nothing to do with our case processing. In fact it's not handled by the VO at all.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think once the visa officer decided positive eligibility based on paper review only they issue 2nd AOR....However, I would like Qorax's opinion on this..

rsrsva said:
My question is that after eligibility CHECK we ARE geting 2nd aor OR AFTER 2ND AOR OFFICER CHECK ELIGIBILITY OF 67 POINT.

thanks

rsrsva

Dec 24, 2010
haral said:
I think once the visa officer decided positive eligibility based on paper review only they issue 2nd AOR....However, I would like Qorax's opinion on this..
With the god grace, may be u r wright.....??????????.....