+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Dear Qorax!
There is a guy on one of the forums who is spreading the news/Rumors that the I.T Managers NOC Category i-e 0213 has been put on HOLD for processing as it is in excess. I have applied in the same category & my Ecas Status changed to In-Process in March meaning it is being processed right?

How can one find out if that is true?

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
guys.. can anyone tell the validity of a PCC. Police Clearance Certificate .

Is it 6 months or 1 year ?

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
3 months before you submit it.
1 year after it is submitted.

Fira123

Jan 7, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I had done my medical on October, 2009 and paid the RPRF fees at the same time. Then I was called for Interview on Aug 2010 and till now no news from the Visa Office. I had applied for CAIPS and below is the line i would like your feedback on.

PAPER FILE SENT TO: PEB BF FILE TO: HII ON 24-03-2011

Previous to this line, I can read clearly where it has been mentioned that my application was approved and send medical and ask for right of permanent residency fees. To my understanding it is the security check that is taking long. On the CAIPS it is also mentioned that verification has been done by local office (visa office in my country) and confirmed geniune. What else are they waiting for or what are they actually verifying? Can you tell what the above line means? Is PEB a visa office or a visa officer. I saw lot of writing from HII so i guess thats a VISA officer. There is also one line in the CAIPS where PEB has written comments to sent my file to KAC to be grouped. Let me know...

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fira123 said:
Hello Everyone,

I had done my medical on October, 2009 and paid the RPRF fees at the same time. Then I was called for Interview on Aug 2010 and till now no news from the Visa Office. I had applied for CAIPS and below is the line i would like your feedback on.

PAPER FILE SENT TO: PEB BF FILE TO: HII ON 24-03-2011

Previous to this line, I can read clearly where it has been mentioned that my application was approved and send medical and ask for right of permanent residency fees. To my understanding it is the security check that is taking long. On the CAIPS it is also mentioned that verification has been done by local office (visa office in my country) and confirmed geniune. What else are they waiting for or what are they actually verifying? Can you tell what the above line means? Is PEB a visa office or a visa officer. I saw lot of writing from HII so i guess thats a VISA officer. There is also one line in the CAIPS where PEB has written comments to sent my file to KAC to be grouped. Let me know...
there are to codes thr which is in RED , as per my Knowleged one is Location of your file and another is Visa Officer code it is easy to define which one is visa officer code by looking at letters you recived from CIC i.e on medica /RPRF request letter you will find a barcode just arround barcode you will find that Visaofficer code ... then you can easily judge which one is location and which one is code for visaofficer :)

by the way we both done medical on same date :) hope sooon we will get ppr :) .... gud luck dude

Fira123

Jan 7, 2010
sultanali said:
there are to codes thr which is in RED , as per my Knowleged one is Location of your file and another is Visa Officer code it is easy to define which one is visa officer code by looking at letters you recived from CIC i.e on medica /RPRF request letter you will find a barcode just arround barcode you will find that Visaofficer code ... then you can easily judge which one is location and which one is code for visaofficer :)

by the way we both done medical on same date :) hope sooon we will get ppr :) .... gud luck dude
Thanks mate! Thats mean we both have to redo our medical. But my file seems to be in a spin for background check.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MBKP said:
Dear Qorax!
There is a guy on one of the forums who is spreading the news/Rumors that the I.T Managers NOC Category i-e 0213 has been put on HOLD for processing as it is in excess. I have applied in the same category & my Ecas Status changed to In-Process in March meaning it is being processed right?

How can one find out if that is true?
I don't think it's true...
'In Process' means that the b/g checks r on.

Qorax

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qorax said:
I don't think it's true...
'In Process' means that the b/g checks r on.

Qorax
Hi Qorax welcome back. We have been looking for you. Good to know you are here.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canadaforall said:
Hi Qorax welcome back. We have been looking for you. Good to know you are here.
Thanx mate... was just visiting Dubai, on business, for a month.
Qorax

wello

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
qorax said:
Thanx mate... was just visiting Dubai, on business, for a month.
Qorax
hi qorax,
so based on what you are saying, when the e'case turns into "in process", it means that the background check has just started, and that it takes an average of 4 to 5 months untill it is completed right?

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fira123 said:
Thanks mate! Thats mean we both have to redo our medical. But my file seems to be in a spin for background check.
i m hoping not to take medical :) still lets see where fate is.... i hv applied for caips and also my lawyer hv sent case specific enquiry .. i'll post if i get any info :)

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
wello said:
hi qorax,
so based on what you are saying, when the e'case turns into "in process", it means that the background check has just started, and that it takes an average of 4 to 5 months untill it is completed right?

What about the post June 2010, their application makes only 2 months at visa office and visa is issued, does it mean they do not go through Background Checks and security checks. Or their own background checks are very special and takes only few days. Hmmmm these people are playing with well educated people who can analyze situations and compare.

To me, it is only a delay tactics, talking about B/G checks all the times.

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaforall said:
What about the post June 2010, their application makes only 2 months at visa office and visa is issued, does it mean they do not go through Background Checks and security checks. Or their own background checks are very special and takes only few days. Hmmmm these people are playing with well educated people who can analyze situations and compare.

To me, it is only a delay tactics, talking about B/G checks all the times.
i do agree with canadforall , mine medicl done in july , i waite till jan and then write a letter to CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligance Service) and they replied my check has been done and return it back in aug it self but still i am waiting for PPR :S how unfair it is ...

wello

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
hi qorax,
it seems that you are the expert here.. please help me as i started to go crazy because of this entire immigratio process..

i applied to CIO on Mar 2009 (as per the new MI which included 39 occupations by that time)
i received my first AOR on 15 April 2009
i submitted my file to the visa office (cairo office) on 5 Aug 2009
i received the second AOR dated 12 Aug 2009
(e-case changed to recived by visa office)
i applied for the first CAIPS notes and received it on Feb 2011, Bring Forward date was set as 5 Nov 2010, but i wasn't contacted by the visa office for anything at all
at 5 April 2011, my e-case changed to in process...

my question is;
did the finish my background check? am i expecting a medical request now?
or, are they are still in the bakcground check status?

pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssseeee advice

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks qorax for valuable advice....i really appriciate time , effort and energy u put in to help others..

CB