+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

Seema.Malik

Jun 12, 2012
Hi Qorax,

I have an urgent query regarding my case. I am a MI3 Pakistani applicant. I filed my application on Oct 2011 and got medicals in August 2012. At present, i m done wid medicals and received 3rd line in ecas on 16th sept 2012. few days back while readng forum i came accross a fact that in my Schedule A form i had made a istake. n the question in which they ask have u ever been refused a visa to any country, i answered NO by mistake and realized this that the answer shud be YES. I have following questions:

1) I have sent a CSE alongwith a scanned copies updated Schedule A form and relevant docs. Have I done the right thing?

2)Can this mistake affect my application processing?

3)Can my application be refused or delayed bcoz of this?

Kindly reply my query asap.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Seema.Malik said:
Hi Qorax,

I have an urgent query regarding my case. I am a MI3 Pakistani applicant. I filed my application on Oct 2011 and got medicals in August 2012. At present, i m done wid medicals and received 3rd line in ecas on 16th sept 2012. few days back while readng forum i came accross a fact that in my Schedule A form i had made a istake. n the question in which they ask have u ever been refused a visa to any country, i answered NO by mistake and realized this that the answer shud be YES. I have following questions:

1) I have sent a CSE alongwith a scanned copies updated Schedule A form and relevant docs. Have I done the right thing?

2)Can this mistake affect my application processing?

3)Can my application be refused or delayed bcoz of this?

Kindly reply my query asap.
Replied elsewhere.

carefore

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB-LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October, 2009
Doc's Request.
December, 2009
AOR Received.
March, 2010
Med's Request
28-Feb-2012
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2012, newborn July-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 - 22-10-2012, PPR-2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Dear Qorax,

Is there any backgound/ Security checks after PPR-1 request.

annmarypallickal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2011
Doc's Request.
april 2011
AOR Received.
may 2011
File Transfer...
june 2011
Med's Request
january 2013
Med's Done....
february 2013
Passport Req..
january 2013
VISA ISSUED...
april 2013
LANDED..........
april 2013
JohnyT said:
Thank God..! I got my MR today :). But my passport is due to expire within 5 months.. if i apply for renewal of my passport how long it will take to get my passport renewed :-X?
dear johny,

which noc ur?why thay called for interview?what all they asked,

can u pm pls...........

rgds,
ann

S

sandeep714

hi sir,

Indian mailing address has been updated on my Ecas.

But medicals received by CIC line is not there.

Is it a good sign? Are they working on my file?

Please reply soon.....

samreen.sandhu

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th June 2010
Med's Request
13th July 2012
Med's Done....
18th July 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
13th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th March 2013
LANDED..........
5th April 2013
sandeep714 said:
hi sir,

Indian mailing address has been updated on my Ecas.

But medicals received by CIC line is not there.

Is it a good sign? Are they working on my file?

Please reply soon.....
Looking at your time line, I can see you sent your Passport & RPRF in 2010. Is that true?

waqar333

Jun 25, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2011
Doc's Request.
9-July-12
AOR Received.
6-Jan-12
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
Med's Request
9-Oct-12
Med's Done....
22-Oct-12
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
PPR-1:21-Nov-2012. PPR-2:6-Mar-13
VISA ISSUED...
12-March-2013
LANDED..........
23 April 2013
qorax said:
In a couple of months, usually.
Dear Qorax,

We also did our Md on 22-Oct-12 and ecas has also been updated with receiving of our medicals on 9-Nov-12. Now just waiting for our PPR-1..... have our back ground checks been completed and when can we got our PPR1 ??? please reply. ;)

lindsandluis

Nov 14, 2012
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Would this process be the same for spousal sponsorship too?

Chiragmak

Aug 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE 2011
AOR Received.
10 JULY 2011
File Transfer...
17 AUG 2011
Med's Request
14 JUNE 2012
Med's Done....
24 JULY 2012
Interview........
CALL TO EMPLOYER ON AUG.2012
Passport Req..
14 JUNE 2012
VISA ISSUED...
SAI KRIPA SE BAHUT JALD
LANDED..........
JAI SHREE KRISHNA VERY SOON
thanx qorax ..i got mr n ppr n rprf together by new delhi vo..its been 4 months to this, since then i didnt hear anything,,my status is "in process" and shows medicals received n after that line added i got a call to my employer,,,that has also been 2 months....wat u think y its delayed...m worried..how many more days should i wait?????????

S

sandeep714

Hi Sir,

I have completed re-medicals on 16th October 2012 & the passports were also received at NDVO on 24th October 2012.

When should I expect my passports back with visa?

Ecas shows: In Process

Please reply

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2012 (received by CHC London 30/1) ecase med rcd updated 19/4
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
By Lord Krishna's grace 17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3 nov, Canada address on ecase 10 Nov, visa issued 10/11
LANDED..........
27th Dec 2012, by Lord Krishna's grace
Dear all, by the grace of Lord Krishna, we received our passports back with the maple leaf today. Thanks all

smileyface

May 1, 2012
Hi Qorax,

My timelines are mentioned below :-

My time lines are

My timelines are below
Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: New Delhi
NOC Code......: 7204
App. Filed.......: 07/28/2011
Doc's Request.: 07/28/2011
AOR Received.: 12/10/11
File Transfer...:
Med's Request: waiting
Interview........: done on 26 April 2012

I got a reply to my case specific query as below :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Under Canada's immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 9
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

-when would the background checks be completed? the file has been in background checks for the last 6 months
Can I order caips notes from India and would they be helpful at this stage?
How much time will it take?
Can the application be rejected now?
What are the outside agencies who conduct these investigation?

T

tulip99

hi.
pl i need an urgent help
i made a tiny mistake in schedule A form submitted to ndvo...how should i correct it....?

RNSS

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This looks strange. How can background checks begin before medicals? I have firm believe that CHC sends stereotype (already prepared) responses to every individual. In your case, there is some mistake from them unless it is an unusual case where they have taken a short cut.

I also made an inquiry from them for which they replied in two emails that 'we have sent to you medical requests'. In actual, I received a request for updated docs only. So do not believe that what they write is always correct. At times they will 'Copy and Paste' the stereo type response available on their desktop.

Regards,

smileyface said:
Hi Qorax,

My timelines are mentioned below :-

My time lines are

My timelines are below
Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: New Delhi
NOC Code......: 7204
App. Filed.......: 07/28/2011
Doc's Request.: 07/28/2011
AOR Received.: 12/10/11
File Transfer...:
Med's Request: waiting
Interview........: done on 26 April 2012

I got a reply to my case specific query as below :-

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

Under Canada's immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 9
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

-when would the background checks be completed? the file has been in background checks for the last 6 months
Can I order caips notes from India and would they be helpful at this stage?
How much time will it take?
Can the application be rejected now?
What are the outside agencies who conduct these investigation?

yashar

Jan 26, 2011
Visa Office......
London Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-09-2009
File Transfer...
29-09-2009
Med's Request
In process since 04-06-2010
Med's Done....
Up date documents on 28-08-2011
DEar RNSS,
It can happen. My case is under background cheking since 4th of June 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!without any medical request in London Office.I sent many enquieries but no benefit.Always the same answer: Under routine back ground cheking :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: