PER: 3 August 2011
File Transfer...
30 April 2012 (KL to SG)
Med's Request
10-March-2012
Med's Done....
16-March-2012
Dear Qorax,

One of my friend (who is Pre-Feb 2008 applicant) is requested to update some of his docs on Feb 2011 (Update pcc and update of marriage certificate) , and after that no news from visa office, in April 2012 he understood his agent have made some minor mistake to fill the application forms which all were related to the date of birth of parents and other dates due to the change date from different calendars. These mistakes have no effect on his point at all.
Do you think this issue will effect the decision on his selection criteria because he updated some application form after April 2012?
Thank you so much in advance.

iamthebest

Mar 6, 2012
dear qorax,

u have always been of great help. Kindly suggest when can i expect dm and visa based of following facts.

Visa office ndvo
passport rprf med submission april

got old passport request on 20 june...i had send an affidavid stating that my parents kinda misplaced it as it was in their custody. Old passport was made when i was below 18, infact when i was ten...

Now its almost three weeks .....how much more time will they take to issue visa....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
iamthebest said:
dear qorax,

u have always been of great help. Kindly suggest when can i expect dm and visa based of following facts.

Visa office ndvo
passport rprf med submission april

got old passport request on 20 june...i had send an affidavid stating that my parents kinda misplaced it as it was in their custody. Old passport was made when i was below 18, infact when i was ten...

Now its almost three weeks .....how much more time will they take to issue visa....
Between Jul-Sep 2012, however based on the adnl docs asked in Jun-12 -- u could expect another month or two of delays.

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Some links to the PR Application Inventory details at CIC

1. Permanent Resident Applications Processed Abroad and Processing Times - English Version

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=427337D0-7C36-4FED-8428-C6A63F8C19B3

2. Overseas Permanent Resident Inventory - English Version

http://www.data.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=5175A6F0-1&xsl=datacataloguerecord&metaxsl=datacataloguerecord&formid=B6F7C54E-EF4B-4EC1-8DDE-7315E97D18EB

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
Hi quorax, thank you for this perfect info about Background check It was for a long time I'm asking myself about this term, I knew only that it is a time consuming procedure.
Osman

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
Hi quorax, thank you for this perfect info about Background check It was for a long time I'm asking myself about this term, I knew only that it is a time consuming procedure.
Osman

DentalHero

Sep 24, 2011
Hi Qorax and everybody

I applied on January 2011

Received PER on March 25th 2011

Medical Request / RPRF / PCC on Nov 2011

Still stuck in background checks and no PR from that time

My medicals are close to expiry and I don't know what's wrong with my case ?

Best Wishes for everybody and If anybody can clarify this issue I'll be Grateful ....

qchem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
04-10-2011
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
DentalHero said:
Hi Qorax and everybody

I applied on January 2011

Received PER on March 25th 2011

Medical Request / RPRF / PCC on Nov 2011

Still stuck in background checks and no PR from that time

My medicals are close to expiry and I don't know what's wrong with my case ?
almost very similar dates in my case. I am too much concerned over time and Med expiration in Sep.

Mr.Engineer

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2014 [color=red]ye sab tera karam hai ALLAH verna meri itni aukaat na thi[/color]
LANDED..........
landed jan 2015 MashaAllah
Notice – Questions and answers: Bill C-38 and changes to Federal Skilled Worker applications
Q1. Why is the Government of Canada eliminating the majority of the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog?

The Government is committed to creating a just-in-time immigration system that is responsive to Canada's economic needs.

The large backlog of applications that has accumulated under the Federal Skilled Worker Program is impeding the responsiveness of Canada's immigration system.

Eliminating the bulk of this longstanding backlog of FSW applications will allow the Department to focus resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria.

Economic Action Plan 2012 (also known as the Federal Budget) proposed to terminate applications and return fees paid by certain FSW applicants who applied prior to February 27, 2008. This proposal was introduced in Parliament under Bill C-38 on April 26, 2012.
Q2. Am I affected by the FSW backlog elimination measures?

Now that the Budget Implementation Act (Bill C-38) has become law, CIC will terminate processing Federal Skilled Worker files if applicants:

applied before February 27, 2008, and
have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria before March 29, 2012. (information on selection criteria is below)

CIC expects this will affect around 280,000 people including dependants.

CIC will return fees paid to the Department, without interest, for applications that are eliminated under the provisions in Bill C-38. CIC is currently finalizing the fee return process, which will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information.

CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on this website as they become available.
Q3. What does a “decision based on selection criteria” mean?

A “decision based on selection criteria” means that an immigration officer:

has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.

Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the following:

the person's ability in English and/or French;
their education;
their work experience;
their age;
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment); and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse's education and relatives in Canada).

If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before a final decision is made and a visa is issued or not.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.
Q4. How will fees be returned?

CIC is currently finalizing the fee return process, which will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information. CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on this website as they become available.
Q5. What options do I have if my application is terminated under Bill C-38?

If your file is closed by CIC, you may re-apply under the current FSW criteria (i.e. with a qualifying offer of arranged employment or under the PhD eligibility stream) or under any other immigration category for which you may be eligible. If you have the skills Canada needs now, your application would likely be processed much faster – new FSW applications are processed within 12 months.

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
Mr.Engineer said:
Notice – Questions and answers: Bill C-38 and changes to Federal Skilled Worker applications
Q1. Why is the Government of Canada eliminating the majority of the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) backlog?

The Government is committed to creating a just-in-time immigration system that is responsive to Canada's economic needs.

The large backlog of applications that has accumulated under the Federal Skilled Worker Program is impeding the responsiveness of Canada's immigration system.

Eliminating the bulk of this longstanding backlog of FSW applications will allow the Department to focus resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria.

Economic Action Plan 2012 (also known as the Federal Budget) proposed to terminate applications and return fees paid by certain FSW applicants who applied prior to February 27, 2008. This proposal was introduced in Parliament under Bill C-38 on April 26, 2012.
Q2. Am I affected by the FSW backlog elimination measures?

Now that the Budget Implementation Act (Bill C-38) has become law, CIC will terminate processing Federal Skilled Worker files if applicants:

applied before February 27, 2008, and
have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria before March 29, 2012. (information on selection criteria is below)

CIC expects this will affect around 280,000 people including dependants.

CIC will return fees paid to the Department, without interest, for applications that are eliminated under the provisions in Bill C-38. CIC is currently finalizing the fee return process, which will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information.

CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on this website as they become available.
Q3. What does a “decision based on selection criteria” mean?

A “decision based on selection criteria” means that an immigration officer:

has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.

Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the following:

the person's ability in English and/or French;
their education;
their work experience;
their age;
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment); and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse's education and relatives in Canada).

If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before a final decision is made and a visa is issued or not.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.
Q4. How will fees be returned?

CIC is currently finalizing the fee return process, which will involve confirming up-to-date contact and payee information. CIC has set up a central task force based in Ottawa to handle the fee return process. More details will be posted on this website as they become available.
Q5. What options do I have if my application is terminated under Bill C-38?

If your file is closed by CIC, you may re-apply under the current FSW criteria (i.e. with a qualifying offer of arranged employment or under the PhD eligibility stream) or under any other immigration category for which you may be eligible. If you have the skills Canada needs now, your application would likely be processed much faster – new FSW applications are processed within 12 months.
Thanks Engineer Good info........

nadeemismaili

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/12/2009
AOR Received.
18/08/2011
IELTS Request
All Sent together
File Transfer...
18/02/2010
Med's Request
08/03/2012, Re-Medical-Request: 13/DEC/2013
Med's Done....
17/04/2012, Sent: 13/JAN/2014
Interview........
waived !Inshallah
Passport Req..
04/02/2014
Dear Seniors,

I had receive reply from London Visa Office, which is as follow:

Further to your email, please be advised that your medical results have been assessed and are valid until 01-04-2013.

Your file is now awaiting the initiation of background checks. We will be in contact with further information once these are complete.

Yours sincerely,

Please guide me.

from

Nadeem Ismaili

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
nadeemismaili said:
Dear Seniors,

I had receive reply from London Visa Office, which is as follow:

Further to your email, please be advised that your medical results have been assessed and are valid until 01-04-2013.

Your file is now awaiting the initiation of background checks. We will be in contact with further information once these are complete.

Yours sincerely,

Please guide me.

from

Nadeem Ismaili
dear normally PPR1 request comes after 4 month time ... hopefully you will get an update on end oo August or early Sep...In Sha Allah

T

tulip99

QORAX SIR,

please help me in decoding my caips notes.....
its written in it...IMM 1017S REQUESTED:

FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: M1G ON 7-06-2012 MICROLOCATOR:

ECU - PLS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:

PPTs

MED

RPRF

What does it mean?

Rajpar

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug. 08
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
March, 2009
IELTS Request
July 2009.
File Transfer...
30 th June, 2010
Med's Request
February, 2012
Med's Done....
28th Feb. 2012
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
PPR-1, 27/7/12, PPR-2, 10/09/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22nd August, 2012. Received on 15/09/2012
LANDED..........
on 11th October, 2012.
tulip99 said:
QORAX SIR,

please help me in decoding my caips notes.....
its written in it...IMM 1017S REQUESTED:

FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: M1G ON 7-06-2012 MICROLOCATOR:

ECU - PLS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:

PPTs

MED

RPRF

What does it mean?
Bother, I think u r sent medical request with right of permanent residence fee. If u have not received the doc. then this may have been lost. This same situation happened with me. My first medical request and forms were lost. Then on B,Fd date they sent me letter and warned why did i not respond their previous medical request. I explained them the situation and again they resent me medical forms and rprf request. I think u should make them inquiry email immediately.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
If there is no phrase "sent" then NOTHING is sent.