05-03-2011
AOR Received.
10-04-2011
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2011
Dear Qorax,

I just received my GCMS notes. What are the important things that one should look for to assess the file.

I have sent you details regarding it in the personal message. Thanks .

Islamabad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Med's Request
04 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
10 Aug 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
doc9999 said:
Dear Qorax,

I just received my GCMS notes. What are the important things that one should look for to assess the file.

I have sent you details regarding it in the personal message. Thanks .
Dear doc9999!

Plz share your finding of GCMS by PM.

Thanks and Best of luck.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Your post is misleading, Sir.

I read your post and must point out to you that you contradict yourself on many points (at one point you said "medical received" is added AFTER security checks, but at the end of your OP you stated Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check

PPR is issued AFTER med request and , in many cases, after "med received" has long been added to ecas.
If we read your last statement , does it mean that only AFTER we send our PP the SC will start? :-X

Or is it more likely that you confuse NDVO with other visa offices around the world?

In any event you should clarify your post. As it stands now it is inconsistent and may easily mislead less experienced and knowledgeable members of this forum.

Best regards,

Canada0801

khans

May 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 march 2008
Doc's Request.
march 2009
IELTS Request
oct 2009
Med's Request
30 mar2010/16mar 2011(remed)
Med's Done....
same
Interview........
02 feb 2012
Passport Req..
13 April with remedical form
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2012
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear Qorex

I have gone through re-remedical on 16th may(Lab test &X-rey on 10 may and physical exam on 16 may) and submitted my Passport on 14 may and medical results were dispached to New Delhi on 28 May and medical results were recieved by New Dehli on 30 may but i recieved a call from CHC ISL on 25 of june and an officer was enquiring about my medicals and i told them that our medicals were done by Dr ROhina .
SO,
1-when can i expect my passports with stamped visa????
2-How much time CHC need to recieve medical results?????

Thanks and regards

Khan's

gabrielsjimenez

Jul 19, 2011
Sir Qorax i send you PM,last week anyway i hope you can help me,we received a letter from embassy to undergone remedical again,our medical expired last March 2012 because my youngest has a primary complex but he is cleared already last may 2012 our DMP forwarded hes furtherance result and embwssy require him to finish his furtherance meds which he did,my problem is my two other kids also had primary complex and we started their treatment last may 2012 and will end up til Nov 6 2012,do we have to tel our DMP about their case im afraid that our application will take longer again and we our application might be rejected cause of this situation.Please help me we are planning to ndergona remedical this coming August..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khans said:
Dear Qorex

I have gone through re-remedical on 16th may(Lab test &X-rey on 10 may and physical exam on 16 may) and submitted my Passport on 14 may and medical results were dispached to New Delhi on 28 May and medical results were recieved by New Dehli on 30 may but i recieved a call from CHC ISL on 25 of june and an officer was enquiring about my medicals and i told them that our medicals were done by Dr ROhina .
SO,
1-when can i expect my passports with stamped visa????
2-How much time CHC need to recieve medical results?????

Thanks and regards

Khan's
If all goes well u should expect ur PRVs by 2-months approx.
Pls pray!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gabrielsjimenez said:
Sir Qorax i send you PM,last week anyway i hope you can help me,we received a letter from embassy to undergone remedical again,our medical expired last March 2012 because my youngest has a primary complex but he is cleared already last may 2012 our DMP forwarded hes furtherance result and embwssy require him to finish his furtherance meds which he did,my problem is my two other kids also had primary complex and we started their treatment last may 2012 and will end up til Nov 6 2012,do we have to tel our DMP about their case im afraid that our application will take longer again and we our application might be rejected cause of this situation.Please help me we are planning to ndergona remedical this coming August..
Hi,

I'm not aware of that med condition... however, if the DMP hasn't reported that reg. ur "other" kids - u could hope that they may not be asked to have a med furtherance. I can't be more forthcoming here.

Qorax

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
qorax said:
Regretfully u should be mentally prepared for ur reMeds.
However, there have been cases where the PPR was issued neck-n-neck to the meds expiry & the IO gave them addnl time to land [usually 2-months], which is beyond the meds validity. I hope u get that too.

Qorax
dear Sir Qorax , thanks for the information,

just my questions now are :
1- if the medical expire (Sept 2012) , they CHC will inform my consultant that i have to re-do my meds or i have to do it automatically ?
2- and, if i redo my medicals, is there a looooong time of waiting as i am waiting since 10 months , not received PP request yet ?
3- in my condition , is there any chance of rejection ?

thanks a lot .. have a nice day

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
amaniziad said:
dear Sir Qorax , thanks for the information,

just my questions now are :
1- if the medical expire (Sept 2012) , they CHC will inform my consultant that i have to re-do my meds or i have to do it automatically ?
2- and, if i redo my medicals, is there a looooong time of waiting as i am waiting since 10 months , not received PP request yet ?
3- in my condition , is there any chance of rejection ?

thanks a lot .. have a nice day
1. They'd let u know.
2. Can't opine... lot depends on ur security checks, the workload of ur VO, the 'quota' and ur destiny.
3. I'd not think so at this stage [unless it's security related]... but pls pray!

Qorax

neesha

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 24th Sept
quorax sir

i have sent u PM ,, plz reply

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
qorax said:
1. They'd let u know.
2. Can't opine... lot depends on ur security checks, the workload of ur VO, the 'quota' and ur destiny.
3. I'd not think so at this stage [unless it's security related]... but pls pray!

Qorax
many thanks ... wish me good luck...

qchem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
18-04-2011
Med's Request
21-09-2011
Med's Done....
04-10-2011
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Salam (Hello) quorax

i have sent u PM, plz reply

DentalHero

Sep 24, 2011
Best Wishes

I did my medicals on nov 2011 and still no PR (Background checks)

It seems we are in the same boat

Best Wishes ....

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Dear Captain,

Greetings! I have sent you a PM. Kindly reply at your convenience :)

Thanks and Regards,

ammaartahir

gabrielsjimenez

Jul 19, 2011
qorax said:
Hi,

I'm not aware of that med condition... however, if the DMP hasn't reported that reg. ur "other" kids - u could hope that they may not be asked to have a med furtherance. I can't be more forthcoming here.

Qorax
THANK YOU SO MUCH for youre reply sorry for not stating the meaning of priomary complex ita a PTB for kids..Hope you can give me another suggestion if we have to tel our DMPthat my two other kids is also had ongoing treatment or its much better not to tel itcause i know that when they gove us visa their treatment will beok already..God bless.