Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SyedAbbas said:
Dear Sir Qorax

I am March 2005 applicant from Pakistan. Any wild guess how long I'll have to wait? I've seen cases up to December 2004 showing some progress but not a single 2005 case being asked for documents update, is this some policy by CHC or what???
Just that the oldies r gathering dust with a huge pile-up -- that created an enlarged queue -- and thus, the backlog reached the point of un-manageability... which got dumped further [sadly] with the introduction of the 2 MI lists -- MI-1 & MI-2.

Pray seriously !

Qorax

emadielts

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax,

In your view, What does it mean to recieve medical request just after 50 days from sending the application ? and should I expect the passport request soon ?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
emadielts said:
Qorax,

In your view, What does it mean to recieve medical request just after 50 days from sending the application ? and should I expect the passport request soon ?

Thanks
Regrets, I've no idea.

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Qorax! ... Could you please guide me. If once an FSW immigrant decides not to go for a JOB in canada anymore & try his luck in setting up a business, will a PR status a/c of FSW be a problem.
Or
Once you are a Permanent Resident, you can go for either JOB or Business ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MBKP said:
Qorax! ... Could you please guide me. If once an FSW immigrant decides not to go for a JOB in canada anymore & try his luck in setting up a business, will a PR status a/c of FSW be a problem.
Or
Once you are a Permanent Resident, you can go for either JOB or Business ?
Our PR status has nothing to do with what vocation we partake in Canada... whether we stand employed, or r self-employed, or unemployed -- it is immaterial.

Qorax

P

paris_33

emadielts said:
Qorax,

Thanks
You are a Provincial Nominee Program applicant, if I am not mistaken. PNP applications are processed at a faster speed than the Federal skilled worker applications.

Once a PNP application reaches a visa office, all the visa officer has to do is to evaluate your medical and criminal records. The visa officer does not evaluate whether you are suitable for Canada or not. That decision has already been made by the Provincial officials where you intend to settle. However, a visa officer does have the right to investigate each and every step of the PNP process if he/she believes it is necessary to do so.

Some applicants get Medical Request within 6 months and some within 12 months, depending on the speed of the visa office and in particular, the visa officer assigned to your case.

Since you got your MR within 2 months, it means you are nearing the end of the process. After your medicals have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit, the next and the final step is the security check on your application which is to be done by Canada's national spy and intelligence agency known by its initials CSIS, Canadian Security Intelligence Service. It may take anywhere between 2 - 24 months ( for reasons no one has ever known till date as it is intelligence related ). After this final stage has been completed, you will get your PPR. On average, applicants get their PPR about 6 months after their medical exam results have been delivered to the visa officer processing your application.

In short, it is most likely that you will get your visa within 10-11 months (at most) of completing your medical exam, unless you fail the medicals and the stringent CSIS security checks. So, you have a reason to be happy as a visa officer cannot reject a PNP visa application except on medical and criminal grounds.

Hope this helps.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
Submit. With app 6 overall
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
24 June 2011. Receive by sydeny office 15 sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on work permit. From June 15 2011 Landed again on north potal border on 7 January 2012 receive pr card on 5 march 2012
Hi. Qorax

I applied.as provisional nomInee in 19 th April in Australia for pr nd receive file number nd medical request. Nd australin police history. And rprf. On 13 may. Nd. Get. My work permit same day. 15 June i come to Canada on work permit. Nd do my medicals on 24 June 2011 in Regina .nd pay rprf.

My question is it was very fast. I got medical in 21 days after apply. Even they don't ask for medical for work permit.

Last week my adress disappears. From e case. Nd it's still in process it's. Been three months. How long. It take to get ppr. Nd how often they update e cas
My noc is. 6242 cook.

Srry so many mistypes. Coz writing from phn keyboard.

Any answer Plz.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on work permit. From June 15 2011 Landed again on north potal border on 7 January 2012 receive pr card on 5 march 2012
Qorax. Plz answer.

Thanks

emadielts

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello paris,
That is correct PNP applicant, The medical office in London recieved my medicals according to courrier August 15, 2011. but the ecase does not show medicals recieved yet, even I contacted to change my address 3 weeks ago , and still the ecase showing the old address....
I am not sure, I have read some of your comments that you applied in paris , did your medicals and it shows recieved and you contacted canadian agency to check if cic asked about you security , Am I correct ?

10 months to recieve vis after medicals is so long, mostly between 2/3 months !

paris_33 said:
You are a Provincial Nominee Program applicant, if I am not mistaken. PNP applications are processed at a faster speed than the Federal skilled worker applications.

Once a PNP application reaches a visa office, all the visa officer has to do is to evaluate your medical and criminal records. The visa officer does not evaluate whether you are suitable for Canada or not. That decision has already been made by the Provincial officials where you intend to settle. However, a visa officer does have the right to investigate each and every step of the PNP process if he/she believes it is necessary to do so.

Some applicants get Medical Request within 6 months and some within 12 months, depending on the speed of the visa office and in particular, the visa officer assigned to your case.

Since you got your MR within 2 months, it means you are nearing the end of the process. After your medicals have been evaluated and you are considered medically fit, the next and the final step is the security check on your application which is to be done by Canada's national spy and intelligence agency known by its initials CSIS, Canadian Security Intelligence Service. It may take anywhere between 2 - 24 months ( for reasons no one has ever known till date as it is intelligence related ). After this final stage has been completed, you will get your PPR. On average, applicants get their PPR about 6 months after their medical exam results have been delivered to the visa officer processing your application.

In short, it is most likely that you will get your visa within 10-11 months (at most) of completing your medical exam, unless you fail the medicals and the stringent CSIS security checks. So, you have a reason to be happy as a visa officer cannot reject a PNP visa application except on medical and criminal grounds.

Hope this helps.

P

paris_33

emadielts said:
Hello paris,
That is correct PNP applicant, The medical office in London recieved my medicals according to courrier August 15, 2011. but the ecase does not show medicals recieved yet, even I contacted to change my address 3 weeks ago , and still the ecase showing the old address....
I am not sure, I have read some of your comments that you applied in paris , did your medicals and it shows recieved and you contacted canadian agency to check if cic asked about you security , Am I correct ?

10 months to recieve vis after medicals is so long, mostly between 2/3 months !

First of all, let me tell you that every visa office has its own specific set of procedures, as each VO is run by a program manager. Needless to say, every person has his/her own way of running a business !! We all know that.

London VO takes 3-5 months to reflect MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED on e-cas. London VO has a medical office as well which is responsible for evaluating medical results for many countries of the world including, but not limited to, all Gulf countries and Pakistan, not just the UK. The vast majority of visa applications are filed from residents in these countries as citizens of more than 150 nationalities are resident in Gulf countries. It is unfair for London VO that it has been given control of so many countries in the world, resulting in a longer processing time for visa applications.

Yes, my visa office is Paris as I am a resident of Paris, France. Paris is a bit faster than London when it comes to processing applications as Paris is responsible for fewer nations than the London VO. However, the overall processing time depends on many factors and the most important of them are the medical and criminality checks on visa applicants.

1 / You still have time for your medical results to be reflected on e-cas. A citizen of UK received medical update on his e-cas after about 4 months from the date of his medical examination. I hope this timeline can give you some idea. Aug 15 2011 is the date you have sent in your medical results, so you can expect a medical update on e-cas by the end of Dec 2011. After this medical update, the time consuming security screening begins that could last another 6 months on average. It could take longer and as much time as it requires and no one, virtually no one, including your visa office can do anything about it because it is not the visa officer that does the screening, the visa officer only gets the results. It is done by CSIS, the national intelligence and spy agency of Canada. They are not answerable to anyone and they will take as long as it takes to complete a security screening on visa applications.

2 / Do NOT contact the visa office for any update on your address. They have already updated the change of address in the CIC visa processing system but it is not shown in the e-cas. I have also updated my address but my e-cas still shows my old address. So stay away from contacting them, if you contact them, a visa officer has to respond to your email and it takes time away from processing applications such as yours to answering emails. So rest assured that it has changed in your file and it may not reflect e-cas. E-cas is not yet developed, so do NOT rely too much on e-cas. Rely only on what you receive from your visa office, either by normal post or email.

3 / Yes, I have contacted CSIS only to get familiar with the process. That does not mean you should do the same thing. I have taken these steps only to get an ideal of the processing stages of a visa application. This is why I am giving you a very realistic picture of the situation. London VO has already given you the priority you deserve when they have sent you the medical instructions within 60 days. After your results have been evaluated, the major time consuming stage of your application begins. The Security Checks. When I said 10 months, I meant up to 10 months. As I said, it is a mystery and an intelligence related question. No one, virtually no one, knows how much time it takes for the CSIS to complete security checks on visa applications. A visa will NOT be issued unless and until the CSIS forwards a favorable recommendation to your visa officer on your visa application.

Most applicants usually get their PPR's within 6 months of completing their medical exams. But are all applicants same ? The answer is No.

You can only pray that you get your visa soon. I hope so too.

Your medical results are awaiting a formal review by the visa office's medical officers. It is in the queue. So, do not worry.

Thanks.

P

paris_33

puniajas said:
Hi. Qorax

I applied.as provisional nomInee in 19 th April in Australia for pr nd receive file number nd medical request. Nd australin police history. And rprf. On 13 may. Nd. Get. My work permit same day. 15 June i come to Canada on work permit. Nd do my medicals on 24 June 2011 in Regina .nd pay rprf.

My question is it was very fast. I got medical in 21 days after apply. Even they don't ask for medical for work permit.

Last week my adress disappears. From e case. Nd it's still in process it's. Been three months. How long. It take to get ppr. Nd how often they update e cas
My noc is. 6242 cook.

Srry so many mistypes. Coz writing from phn keyboard.

Any answer Plz.
Please do NOT rely too much on e-cas as it is not yet fully developed. E-cas is usually updated once a week, usually on Mondays, depending on the visa office. You did your medicals on 24 June 2011 in Regina which means your medical results will be evaluated by CIC Ottawa. And then the final medical decision will be delivered to your visa officer in Sydney.

Again, do NOT rely too much on E-cas.

A temporary work permit has already been issued to you. So enjoy your job and good news will be coming to you soon.

It usually takes 60-90 days for your medical results to be evaluated, longer if too many medical results are awaiting evaluation by the medical team. Another 30 days for your results to be formally delivered to your visa officer in Sydney.

After your medical results have been evaluated and your considered medically fit for PR, the security checks begin. This is a major time consuming stage of the visa process. It may take anywhere from 3-6 months.

Most applicants usually get their PPR's within about 6-7 months AFTER their medical results have been delivered to the visa office.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks. Paris. For reply. Appriciate ur answer

But. 1 more. Question. Time line from sydeny visa office is 7 months.

P

paris_33

puniajas said:
Thanks. Paris. For reply. Appriciate ur answer

But. 1 more. Question. Time line from sydeny visa office is 7 months.

Yes, I know. The timeline that I have given is maximum. The 7 months processing time of Sydney VO is average. It may take less or it may take more time to process an application, depending on the complexity of an application. Remember, all fingers are not the same and similarly, we are different in one way or the other.

My visa office is Paris. I am also a PNP. My visa office is faster than yours. My visa office's processing time for PNP applications is 5 months. My AOR letter states a processing time of 4-8 months. However, I have completed my medicals on 28 June 2011 and so far, no news from the visa office.

Anyway, enjoy your job and hope for the best. They would never have issued you a work permit if you are not eligible for a PR visa. So it is only a matter of time. Remember, at every stage of the application process, there is a queue. Your application will be considered in the order it is placed in the queue and the same thing applies to each and every stage of the process.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks again Paris.