+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

dhaka12

Apr 10, 2012
Dear sir,
Many many thanks for reply.I will be in touch.
Belive me, i like you so much like my brother.

Best regards
dhaka12

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
civil said:
Dear QORAX

Sir,
I got some advise from you last week regards my delayed CEC case , just to refresh your memory , my CEC application stuck on background check in BUFFALO office since 9 months ago ( Right after medical ) and it is 19 months since I filed the application .

The question is :

How often should I send BUFFALO follow up email ?
I am afraid sending them follow-up , cause more delay.
2 months ago I sent them " Case Specific Inquiry " and they replied : Waiting For Background Check . Is it a good idea to shoot them the second one next week ?

Thanks for your help and time in advance .
U could touchbase with them under a gap of 6-8 weeks once the case is inordinately delayed.

civil

Mar 21, 2012
qorax said:
U could touchbase with them under a gap of 6-8 weeks once the case is inordinately delayed.
Thanks for reply sir

Can i send them " Case Specific Inquiry " or just normal email ?

mayoress

Sep 9, 2011
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
MPNP-30/03/13; CIC-06/05/14
Doc's Request.
CIC- 06/08/14; Submitted- 18/08/14
Nomination.....
27/02/14
AOR Received.
MPNP- 09/04/13; CIC-25/06/14
IELTS Request
Submitted for MPNP. Expired submitted with CIC application
File Transfer...
25/06/14
Med's Request
07/08/14
Med's Done....
14/08/14; In-process- 13/08/14; medical received- 18/08/14
Interview........
MPNP-24/02/14; CIC- Waived iJn. Amen.
Passport Req..
26/08/14
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/14
LANDED..........
05/12/2014 by the help of God.
@ Qorax thanx for d reply. Av sent u another pm.

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khans said:
Quote from: khans on April 18, 2012, 05:18:57 am
Dear Qorex

I have received my Medical Request and Passport Request on Friday (13th April) but upon contacting with Dr Wakil and Dr Rohina ,they give me the appointment of 8th May which is the first available date and is beyond the
one month time limit .THe date printed on my medical request is 4th April.Kindly advise what should i do???

Regards

Khan's

Though getting the meds done asap is beneficial for us however, if we don't have a choice we have no other option, isn't it? Relax, send an email to ur IO informing them ur tentative date for taking the meds. U'd Thus, be fine.

Qorax

Dear Qorex

I send them(CHC) an e -mail regarding my situation because my consultant is of opinion that we have contacted the DMP withen 30 days so it is fine so i had to mail them (CHC) all by myself(not through my consultant) and i mentioned full name,file # and DOB also.Is it OK????

regards

Khan's
Dear Khan,

Can you please let me know, when did you send your updated forms, PCC and RPRF (landing Fee). ??

thank you and good luck for your medical. thanks..

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Dear Qorax,

I received my CAIPS Today. The details are as under:

WC STATUS: **
WC TYPE: **
DECISION REASON: **
PSDEC=1 on 30-01-2012
SELDEC=1 on 30-01-2012
BDEC=
MEDDEC=0
OREG=0
FINDEC=0
SEC=1 for PA & Spouse and 2 for Daughter

Points Awarded : 69

"PA has obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that he will be able to become economically established in Canada. I am satisfied that the points awarded adequately reflect the applicant's ability to settle in Canada"

File Sent to MPR - File BF'D to : M1G on 29-05-2012

IELTS TRF Verified Online
PHYSICAL PREPARATION OF FILE COMPLETED AS PER PROCEDURES.
CRIM PASSED
INDIAN---- Police Clearance Cert. rec'd for PA AND SPOUSE
Foreign Travel = NIL
Copies of PPT pages rviewed = no concerns
Personal History reviewed = no concerns

ECU - PLS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:

PPTs (current) x 3
MEDS x 3
RPRF x 2

My question is the VO has directed ECU to request Medical & Passports for about 3 months ago. Still no news. What will happen on BF'D(29-05-2012)? Will they issue MR or just put another BF'D? What's your say on this? Thanks in Advance.

khans

May 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 march 2008
Doc's Request.
march 2009
IELTS Request
oct 2009
Med's Request
30 mar2010/16mar 2011(remed)
Med's Done....
same
Interview........
02 feb 2012
Passport Req..
13 April with remedical form
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2012
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear brother Silver Shani

My case is a unique one .This is my 3rd medical because after first medical(march2010) CHC islamabad didn't started my beckground checks because of want of sudanese PCC and in 2011 they ask for remedical and up date PCC from home country and from abroad(Sudanese PCC) and started my security checks which took longer than usual and i had to face a security interview on feb 2012 and after successful interview they issued me PPR and medical request(both in one pack)so,please pray for my successful visa stamping.I recieved RPRF letter with PPR letter.

Regards

Khan's

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khans said:
Dear brother Silver Shani

My case is a unique one .This is my 3rd medical because after first medical(march2010) CHC islamabad didn't started my beckground checks because of want of sudanese PCC and in 2011 they ask for remedical and up date PCC from home country and from abroad(Sudanese PCC) and started my security checks which took longer than usual and i had to face a security interview on feb 2012 and after successful interview they issued me PPR and medical request(both in one pack)so,please pray for my successful visa stamping.I recieved RPRF letter with PPR letter.

Regards

Khan's

Ok Dear... Very good luck for your visa stamping.

May Allah bless you.. :)

azmatgaad

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Karachi Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO -M1
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
AOR Received.
Sep 2009
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
22 Feb 2012 & 28 Apr 2012 (new born)
Med's Done....
16 mar 2012 and 28 April 2012 (newborn)
Interview........
Nops
Passport Req..
PPR1...28-Sep-2012
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
[/Applied in Islamabad Aug 2009
Transfered to london june 2010
ecase changed in progress 17 feb 2012
medical rec 1 mrch 2012
med submitted 26 march
Processing fees submitted for new born on 4 april
medical rec for new born 27 apr and submitted on 30 April]

ksaeed

Feb 11, 2012
Dear champ Qorax,

I have recv'd my 1st AOR in Jan. 12 and since then e-cas showing "in process". Should I be waiting for Med request ??
please explain ASAP.

thnaking you in anticipation.

KS

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mehulca said:
Dear Qorax,

I received my CAIPS Today. The details are as under:

My question is the VO has directed ECU to request Medical & Passports for about 3 months ago. Still no news. What will happen on BF'D(29-05-2012)? Will they issue MR or just put another BF'D? What's your say on this? Thanks in Advance.
They may or they may not. Most SELDEC cases r going to ECU, as observed over the forums, for a severe review. I'd think it's a way to reduce the workload of the IOs, but in the bargain ECU gets to be over-logged.

Pls keep ur spirits high... Under most scenarios 2010 cases should complete this yr. We hope they do so for each & every case.

All the best.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ksaeed said:
Dear champ Qorax,

I have recv'd my 1st AOR in Jan. 12 and since then e-cas showing "in process". Should I be waiting for Med request ??
please explain ASAP.

thnaking you in anticipation.

KS
To start with can we know ur timeline, please?