20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
pinku said:
dear qorax mine ecas updated wid decision made after remedicals in january .can it be error or its true .ndvo visa office updated today sunday
Its no error bro...........many NDVO applicants got DM on saturday..............did you ever send a CSE or Fax to NDVO?

amer1981

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7 August 2009
Doc's Request.
29 September 2009
AOR Received.
29 January 2010
File Transfer...
11 October 2009
Med's Request
3 August 2010
Med's Done....
22 September 2010
Interview........
Not sure
Dear All,

I need your advise. My case is still stuck under the routine background checks.

I applied in August 2009. Send the full application in December 2009 to London VO. The case turned into "In Process" in July 2010. Medical request in August 2010. Medical done in September 2010. RFPR is paid in October 2010. New PCC with updated form sent in May 2011. My medicals expired in September 2011.

Since then, whenever I send them a case specific inquiry, they are reply with the same style that "Your case is waiting for the routine background checks". I am following up with them every 1.5 to 2 months and they are replying to my email in 4 or 5 days. What do they mean by routine background checks? Is it criminal checks only or what?

Can you please advise if something should be done in my case or I just have to wait for them to process it?? And what is the best way to address this issue.

Thank you.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
pinku said:
dear qorax mine ecas updated wid decision made after remedicals in january .can it be error or its true .ndvo visa office updated today sunday
last time when did u check ur ecas , i mean before today ?

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
Daash said:
Its no error bro...........many NDVO applicants got DM on saturday..............did you ever send a CSE or Fax to NDVO?
Many on Sundays as well

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
last time when did u check ur ecas , i mean before today ?
Hey Mahesh......any updates from your end. My DD is still not encashed, and i checked it on Saturday.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
udayaradhya said:
Hey Mahesh......any updates from your end. My DD is still not encashed, and i checked it on Saturday.
nothing as of now.

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidestep4u said:
nothing as of now.
Hmm....This wait is unbearable :(. Lot of different feelings inside. Acting superstitious sometime, sometimes not. Fear and anxiety...anything i see or speak, i put myself into "Canadian PR Holder's" shoe and start thinking...then suddenly i try to come out of it so as to stay unexcited till things look brighter....

msaleemb

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
I am an applicant of April 2004 and did medicals in October 2011. I sent an email to London office on March 30, 2012 and received following reply on April 2, 2012.

Dear Applicant,
In response to your email, please note that your file is currently undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 13-10-2012, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.
Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received.
Yours faithfully,
RIH
Program Assistant
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA/Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada

My ecas status is showing;
We started processing your application on April 7, 2004.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
We transferred your application to the London England office on April 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you.

Any idea what will fate of my case?

smokovnitsa

Nov 28, 2011
I am on family class and after recieving my GCSM notes, cover letter said

"The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16(1)(c) injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations of the Access to Information Act."

anyone has clue what kind of "investigation" this is.

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
nice info :)
thanks for sharing

qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
Dear qorax pm'd u again.
Kindly have a look..

sweetlove16

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
hello qorax. im planning to apply this year just want to recheck my points.
i need 2 yrs of work experience to be qualified.
Is it necessary that all of your jobs lasted for at least one yr? or its okay to have at least 1 of your jobs to last for one yr?

my first work lasted for 10 months (nurse, hospital A).
and my 2nd work for 1 and a half yr (nurse, hospital B)..

i resigned November and transferred to hospital B november also.

will it be equivalent to 2 yrs( even if my first job did not last for 1 yr) ?? thanks

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
sweetlove16 said:
hello qorax. im planning to apply this year just want to recheck my points.
i need 2 yrs of work experience to be qualified.
Is it necessary that all of your jobs lasted for at least one yr? or its okay to have at least 1 of your jobs to last for one yr?

my first work lasted for 10 months (nurse, hospital A).
and my 2nd work for 1 and a half yr (nurse, hospital B)..

i resigned November and transferred to hospital B november also.

will it be equivalent to 2 yrs( even if my first job did not last for 1 yr) ?? thanks
if you have totall 2year experience in your related feild its Good they should be counted total experience and if you have 1year diploma or certificate regarding your feild that could be a excellent for you

sweetlove16

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
sam pk said:
if you have totall 2year experience in your related feild its Good they should be counted total experience and if you have 1year diploma or certificate regarding your feild that could be a excellent for you
thank you very much.. im relieved to hear that :D